✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Aug-09: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfFrl9fmLk]YouTube - The Amazing Jonny Buckland (August 3rd 2009)[/ame]

The quality isn't too great... :dozey:

but you can't turn down Jonny :heart:

edit: I wonder how cool it would look in slow-mo!!!! :thinking:

Well, all of my videos are up now. Feel free to check them out on the last page.

JDFSX1 (Jesse), I saw your sign. You were maybe like 25 feet away from me. Section 7 right? I tried to nab a picture of it but you were dancing too much, haha. I was on the aisle of section 6. Watched the boys walk right by me on their way to stage C but didn't get a chance to capture video or touch them. Darn.

I was at the section 6 too but exactly in the middle but some rows to the front i mean in Row R,my seats are 15,16.And i had a really clear view of the b-stage and i saw Chris looking in my direction some times too at that time,Well while taking the bow i think at the end of death and all his friends,he bowed at us from the ramp where he runs on the other side to the stage and at the end after taking the bow, while going back to the backstage, i saw Chris looking in my direction suddenly turning back.:shocked2:

And also i too saw them going back to the c-stage.But suddenly i lost my concentration.But still i got up on chair to see them performing on the lawn i saw them just straight to me when i turned back there, but well i wasn't able to stand much and i got down after Chris just started green eyes.

WOW. Apparently 5th time's the charm, guys! Here's my pictureless review now, I'm too tired to upload stuff tonight!

So when I got to the venue I discovered that I was Jonny's side on the aisle, and immediately freaked out because I remembered that they usually run up that aisle during the show... And thanks to twitter, I confirmed it! So I knew right away that it was going to be a good night. I'd made a shirt for the concert, and a lot of people were commenting on how crazy I was to go to 5 shows :lol:

Anyway, the show: Elbow was amazing! Best opening act for Coldplay that I've seen, would've loved to hear more! But soon Blue Danube was playing and I was FREAKING OUT. And out came the boys, with Chris looking like he hadn't cut his hair for 10 years... and he worries about going bald, sheesh! Chris was incredibly energetic and happy tonight, he was cracking jokes and talking to us whenever he had a chance, dancing even more than usual (which is saying something :P), and generally just going crazy. Some specific things he said were a) that Guy was trying out for America's Got Talent, b) That they've been touring for "over 3 inches of curly hair", c) that APW was the worst concert they'd ever played and so tonight had to be the best ever to make up for it (...? was APW actually bad?), and lots more.

Now after B-stage they came up our aisle with police tape roping off our seats, and I started freaking out. I got ready, and after Lost! there they came trooping down the aisle RIGHT towards me! First came Jonny who saw my shirt and gave me a thumbs up, and I reached over and touched his chest and arm, then Will who nodded at me and I touched his arm, then Guy who smiled at me when I touched his arm too. Now I was already flipping out at this point, but then there comes Chris and I just reached out, touched his entire left arm, screamed "CHRIS!" and he paused, smiled at me, and winked! squeeeeeeee :wacky: :bomb:

So that was the most exciting moment of my life, but then I started hitting all the Coldplaying karma. After DAAHF I managed to sneak up to the front row for the second encore! Then I begged and begged and got Jonny's setlist and 3 VLV picks from a roadie! And so many butterflies it's ridiculous, plus a popped yellow balloon... Oh and at the exit I got not one but NINE copies of LRLRL! :D

Phew, and that's that! This definitely ties for my favorite Coldplay concert ever with my May 21st concert :nice: I'll upload pictures and video tomorrow, I've got a lot including a chaotic video from when I touched them :P

mwahahaha! everything I got tonight (the guitar picks are on the program :))

nbbxib.jpg

and here a few quick concert pics:

during Lost!:

e6dues.jpg

after sneaking up to front row:

2jagcb7.jpg

2py9kcy.jpg

the rest will be uploaded tomorrow! good night everyone, it's almost 4AM here :wreck:

THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!

a review (with pics and video) by Brooke

also, i apologize in advance for all the screaming/bad singing/bad filming in the videos. i was excited. :P the pics aren't so great, so i might try to take some screenshots from the videos and post those later. :)

oh geez, the videos are doing some funky thing where they speed up in certain parts... will have to fix that later as well. :(

this was my first Coldplay concert and it was AMAZING!!!

we (my two sisters Olivia and Harley and myself) arrived at the venue around 2, and there were only a few girls in line at that time. as it got later and later, the line of people in the middle became huge, but we were off to the side, so when they finally let us up to the doors we were almost in first.

1030419p.jpg

we had lawn seats, so as soon as we entered the section i searched for the c-stage. it was way over to the left (looking at the stage) and we managed to snag seats right in front of it. i was already freaking out at that point, knowing that they'd eventually be within feet of us. and i saw Hoppy tuning up the guitars! :D

1030421.jpg

1030422.jpg

1030436.jpg

1030453.jpg

1030450.jpg

1030448c.jpg

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis played... they were all right. not really the kind of music i like, but they weren't bad.

1030442.jpg

Elbow was fantastic!! i felt bad for only knowing Grounds for Divorce, though.

1030458.jpg

The Blue Danube came on... i freaked, naturally.

(yes, that was me saying "i do love you:wacky:" :sick:)

1030478b.jpg

1030480vgi.jpg

Chris was great. the hair talk at the b-stage- something about them being on tour for as long as three inches of curly hair, and that they'd keep on touring until people mistook him for Michael Bolton. then in VLV It was the wicked and wild wind// I just wiped something off of my chin :lol:

the crowd was amazing, too.

then came the c-stage...

1030426.jpg

OK, so i had made Coldplay puppets for my video for the Lost? competition, and i thought it'd be a good idea to bring them to the concert. i had the Chris one, Liv had the Jonny one, and Harley had the Guy and Will ones.

well, about 5 or 10 seconds after that video ended, Chris noticed the puppets. he loved them!!! :D he laughed and smiled, then showed Will, who also laughed and smiled. according to Harley, Guy noticed the puppets and smiled, too, but i didn't see. :(

they played Green Eyes, and i was surprisingly calm for being feet away from my loves. there was a bit of jonnychrislove! towards the end which is SUPER ADORABLE IN PERSON!!! :wacky::wacky:

then Chris sang the bit where he introduces Will. just before they started playing DWNC Guy had the SEXIEST look on his face. :bomb:

then Will started, and Chris was dancing around the stage. at one point he reached out and touched someone's hand, then he walked over by the corner closest to me. he looked directly at me (and let me tell you, he has GINORMOUS BLUE EYES!! :bomb::bomb:) and was smiling, and i started freaking out. of course, i looked right back at him. then he moved his hand, and it took me a second to realize what he was doing.... HE THREW HIS HARMONICA AT ME.

CHRIS MARTIN THREW ME HIS HARMONICA.:dead:

i couldn't believe it. especially since i caught it with my left hand. there were all sorts of people reaching for it, but i had managed to grab it and as soon as i did, i shoved it in my pocket so that no one could try to take it from me. apparently Chris didn't see that i caught it, though, because my sisters said he looked a bit confused and kept looking at the ground.

they played Billie Jean, which is a complete blur for me, as i was freaking out about the harmonica, then went back to the main stage.

the butterfly confetti didn't reach the lawn section, but i was OK with that because we ended up snatching a whole bunch as we were leaving.

when they came back on for the encore, Chris said something about them not coming back for a few years, so everyone started to boo. he was like, "what?! :P" then said something about Guy entering on America's Got Talent and being a naked Flamenco dancer (to which i may have said YEAHHH!). :lol:

1030486.jpg

1030489.jpg

and then it was over. :(

BUT I HAVE CHRIS' HARMONICA, SO BAM! :dance::dance:

1030494.jpg

so a VERY big thanks to everyone who sent me lots of Coldplay karma. :wacky::hug:

Woah!

I guess YOU had a good night.

I had a pretty good night myself... :dozey:

I got butterfly confetti!! :wacky:

Ok i am typing this from my hotel room where i am staying along with my hubby in Providence,RI.But seriously i really can't believe how Chris said APW was their shittest concert ever.I don't know which words i've to believe which i shouldn't believe when he speaks.At APW when i was there he tells we're the best and says our concert is the best.Any way what ever to me

that concert is one great concert for me.I don't care what he feels.:rolleyes:

But now my review here too he said this is best concert ever.And the singing of the audience is wonderful during Fix you.And right from Lit,violet hill,clocks he's really rocking every moment.Especially Clocks is my favorite song and i like red lights,lasers during the live of that song.During the starting of in my place he said "oh that's a lot of people".And Yellow he cracked a lot of jokes at the end.Asked the audience to sing the entire last phrase and also some lines in the beginning.He also said the people at Massachusetts make a lot of noise.

Glass of water was really rocking i like that song.Cemeteries of london too i sang almost every word and enjoyed it highly.These two songs were actually not my favorite songs before but still after attending so many concerts i started to love them more now.42 was just amazing i think at the end Chris haven't really made any long pauses.He just finished it fast.And went into Fix you.At this song when we audience sang the beginning of some lyrics he really surprised and said "wow that's the most wonderful singing i ever heard" or some thing.But he liked our singing i can say.And after that,strawberry swing was awesome as usual.And during the b-stage set they almost were visible to me from where i sat yesterday.During the b-stage set Chris looked in my direction some times.They're just almost opposite direction to me.And i recorded the entire b-stage set.Its my favorite as usual and i enjoyed the whole set. Chris said a comment about his curly hair "we're touring with about 3 inches of curly hair in this tour". But he joked a lot during the beginning of hardest part.About how we people came to see them.After that Chris went back to the stage and started Viva la vida and here too we audience did our loud viva chants.And its so awesome.And then Lost is my favorite song and i enjoyed it from starting to end as always.And then during c-stage as i expected they went to lawn to do it.I stood up on my chair to see them from where i am but sadly i am some what far from them than every time.But that's my favorite part of the whole concert really.But well i was close to them a lot of times before and those memories are enough for me.:)And even in APW i was just 2 feet away from them from b-stage and also in my place ending .So and also in APW i was almost front row,and before i saw them especially Chris running past by me in one show too.All these memories can give me relief.

But well its awesome the whole green eyes,dwnc and billie jean.The mexican cell phone wave was good too.Then during viva remix the audience did viva chants around me and also danced a lot for it,after that ,the band went back to the stage and Chris started viva tune on piano for some time and then went into Politik and that's my god highly electric.And then Lovers in japan was very very awesome and this time too i got so many butterflies with me.And i really loved the death and all his friends its my favorite song.Then they took the bow and went backstage before encore.And during Scientist Chris said it'll be a few years again they return back.And said some things about LRLRL cd how its just zero cents.And then beginned Scientist.I always love it.I had the whole video too.And then Life in technicolor II i sang the entire lyrics for that song along with Chris and he looked in my direction straight in some parts too.I absolutely loved it.And the entire band left the stage.

It took a while for us to reach our places again back crossing all the traffic from the parking lots.But i got 2 copies of LRLRL again.Now i've totally 5 copies of it with me.:)

I'll upload my photos and videos and i edit them in this post again soon.:)

My photos:

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg44/PallaviRallapalli/Mansfield%20MA%20Aug%203%202008%20Coldplay%20show/

Did they look like this when they went up the aisle past you?

DSC_0145.jpg

I was right on the aisle, too. :):heart:

YouTube - The Amazing Jonny Buckland (August 3rd 2009)[/url]

The quality isn't too great... :dozey:

but you can't turn down Jonny :heart:

edit: I wonder how cool it would look in slow-mo!!!! :thinking:

:o

I dont even know what to say

im so speechless.

Everyone sounds like they had the best luck last night!

WOW just WOW!

So many of my coldplaying friends on here, and it sounds like everyone just lucked out! :bomb: :bomb:

That's so amzing everyone :hug:

Okay i am uploading some of my videos now that i took yesterday.

Mansfield MA: my videos

Life in technicolor and violet hill a bit

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LVWHM7C

Violet hill end and Clocks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8UYKEJPS

in my place

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7YLAL51

42 end

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZ9VUHOG

gpasuyf/talk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTBLZNF6

hardest part/postcards from far away

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0HOXMRK

Scientist

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDHQAT85

:sweatdrop: I'm trying to sort through my butterflies right now, but I have thousands and thousands of them! this is going to take me years! :wreck:

Ooh neat! I still have my bag filled of them

from last summer but I don't have anywhere near as many as you! I wanted to do something special with them bur still haven't gotten to them. Are you planning on doing something cool with them?

@liz- :lol: "wow just wow" seems to be a popular reaction. :P

:lol: its in your siggy too! And Chris's harmonica :wacky:

Well seriously. there is so much i could say about how lucky you all were! I really wish i was at this show!

And between the 2 of us now Brooke, we could totally clone Chris & Guy with their DNA :sneaky:

omg... :stunned:

im like ... speechless... i spent like 300 dollars on clothes and stuff :rolleyes:

but i now proudly own almost all of the coldplay shirts except for 42, they ran out of my size after the concert :(

BROOKEY YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GO THE HARMONICA!!!!!

Coldplay warms to task at Comcast

MANSFIELD, Mass. — So it seems Coldplay sweats after all.

If you hadn’t seen the kazillion-selling British band before Monday night at the Comcast Center (raises hand), it seemed worth wondering about. Their hooks are as big as the sheds and arenas they play in, and the choruses beg for sing-alongs, but on record they seem more suited for a chilly British winter or a crisp New England fall than a sweaty outdoor rock ’n’ roll party.

Well, there’s still a bit of that quality, but for most of the nearly two-hour show Monday night, the band (plus, it sounded like, a backstage musician or two) brought the poundage to their clean, crisp anthems.

While singer and pianist Chris Martin did his manic-marionette routine, he peppered his patter with relatively clever pandering to the Massachusetts crowd. And guitarist Jon Buckland was a secret weapon, grinding away on sing-along ballads such as the breakthrough single “Yellow” and “Glass of Water,” while bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion brought real muscle to even the clinical single “Clocks.”

The band headed up to the lawn for an acoustic trio of "Green Eyes," the new "Death Will Not Conquer" (sung by Champion) and a full, respectable version of "Billie Jean" before returning to the main stage to tear into "Politik," and a U2-like "Lovers in Japan." A hushed "The Scientist" and a joyful "Life in Technicolor" were the encores.

http://www.projo.com/music/content/COLDPLAY_REVIEW_08-06-09_40F9IK0_v6.233593b.html

omg... :stunned:

im like ... speechless... i spent like 300 dollars on clothes and stuff :rolleyes:

but i now proudly own almost all of the coldplay shirts except for 42, they ran out of my size after the concert :(

BROOKEY YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GO THE HARMONICA!!!!!

HELLZ YEAH!!

:D

:lol: its in your siggy too! And Chris's harmonica :wacky:

Well seriously. there is so much i could say about how lucky you all were! I really wish i was at this show!

And between the 2 of us now Brooke, we could totally clone Chris & Guy with their DNA :sneaky:

:sneaky:

hahah heyy josh i was excited and my arm was bothering me from keeping it up in the air for like 3 hours!! lol

just imagine haha

and brooke omg i was right next to that big black guy on his right!!!!!!!

i was right where they blocked off the walk way so that they could walk by i saw them all go by!

@dfit00 :wink3: i know haha