🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Don't you mean "I heard the people there can make a fuck of a lot of noise?"

Yes, his liberal use of the "F word" is one of the few human touches to Chris' squeaky clean image! He's immaculate and beautiful, but nonetheless sexy, too.

I've always liked that he seems to be very working class in some intangible way, a very average yet profoundly special Englishman.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about pit for Tampa

I'm going to the Tampa concert but when I bought my tickets, I didn't know about the pit option. Do you have to have special tickets to get in there or can anyone line up? My friend and I ended up with seats in different sections, so the pit would be a way we could see the show together.

I'm going to the Tampa concert but when I bought my tickets, I didn't know about the pit option. Do you have to have special tickets to get in there or can anyone line up? My friend and I ended up with seats in different sections, so the pit would be a way we could see the show together.

Sorry, you need tickets specifically for the pit, which is now sold out. At all the concerts I've been to, you need to show your ticket to get to your seats, but they have given out wristbands to those with pit tickets.

Thanks for the info - I guess I'll know for next time! Do pit tickets go onsale alongside the normal tickets, or way after?

LiveNation has typically been holding the pit and other best tickets until near the end of the sale period.

There are still "orchestra" section tix on sale, but I'm not sure what they are like at this venue. Check them out, they are two little dots behind the pit. You have to increase the zoom to see them. It looks as if they are reserved seats, not standing like the Pit. The ones towards the back were still available as of last night. Use the "Click 'n Pick" option to see them.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

What I found really sad, is that 2 of my good friends and neighbors don't even know who Coldplay are! I was at bunko a few days after the last show, and was talking about the concert, and there were all, "who? who are they?" I had my ipod and tried playing a couple of songs, Clocks, Yellow, Viva and they had no clue...sigh...I am making them both a Coldplay greatest hits cd to try to spread the love.

My friends think I'm crazy to drive 4 hours to see Coldplay. They told me "didn't you see them last month? They can't understand why I'm going to attend the same show more than once. Plus my husband is not that supportive like yours :\ . I still don't know if I'm going with him. I have two PiT tickets. I might have to sell one.

And I still have my pre-sale section 15 tickets. I'm selling them for less than the face price :(

I already sold my section 14 tickets thought.

I'm so happy to meet other Coldplayers. I'm up for the Hardrock!

Whenever I go to drunco...errr....bunco...........the first thing the girls ask is..."Where did you go for Coldplay this month?" :stunned:

It's a little weird but you can relate right?

There seems to be a truckload of us....It'll be really fun if all the Coldplayers can manage to congregate before the show. And the pit is going to be so much fun with all of us there...:dance::dance:

I wonder if we second place in "Coldplayers Attending" behind the Wembley gig ??

Here's my cell for anyone who wants to text/call before the show so we can co-ordinate a little about at which gate/entrance we want to meet etc.

Kelly's Cell : 630-880-9539

I hope to see you there (Marcia) Yangarin :). Greeneyes is collecting all our phone numbers. ;)

LiveNation has typically been holding the pit and other best tickets until near the end of the sale period.

There are still "orchestra" section tix on sale, but I'm not sure what they are like at this venue. Check them out, they are two little dots behind the pit. You have to increase the zoom to see them. It looks as if they are reserved seats, not standing like the Pit. The ones towards the back were still available as of last night. Use the "Click 'n Pick" option to see them.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Yeah those small dots with 4 seats to Orchestra 1 and 2 might be where I get to sit? Maybe..

My friends think I'm crazy to drive 4 hours to see Coldplay. They told me "didn't you see them last month? They can't understand why I'm going to attend the same show more than once. Plus my husband is not that supportive like yours :\ . I still don't know if I'm going with him. I have two PiT tickets. I might have to sell one.

I'm so happy to meet other Coldplayers. I'm up for the Hardrock!

I'm sorry your husband isn't more supportive. Mine has been dealing with me for 23 years, 20 married. He knows when he should just agree with me. So come hang with us in the pit. You need to be surrounded by people who share your enthusiasm and passion. Front row and Hard Rock here we come.

OK lets start a

post where everyone puts their screen name and first name next to it, so that the idiot here(me) will be able to write it out and remember everyones name.:laugh3: Greeneyes I can't remember if I gave you my cell so I am sending it to you again.:laugh3: See how bad I am.

MARTINFAN= TRACEY-seats unknown

I'm sorry your husband isn't more supportive. Mine has been dealing with me for 23 years, 20 married. He knows when he should just agree with me. So come hang with us in the pit. You need to be surrounded by people who share your enthusiasm and passion. Front row and Hard Rock here we come.

You are right ;)

Pit here I go....:D

OK lets start a

post where everyone puts their screen name and first name next to it, so that the idiot here(me) will be able to write it out and remember everyones name.:laugh3: Greeneyes I can't remember if I gave you my cell so I am sending it to you again.:laugh3: See how bad I am.

MARTINFAN= TRACEY

YANGARIN=MARCIA= PIT

Coldplay bringing its brand of rock to Tampa this weekend

8877_coldplay-inside.jpg

Coldplay picked up three Grammys in February and will wrap up its U.S. tour in Tampa on Sunday.

It's been a good year for Coldplay.

The British quartet came into 2009 with one of last year's best-selling albums, "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends." The group picked up three Grammys in February and will wrap up its U.S. tour in Tampa on Sunday before heading to dates in Europe.

It's also been a litigious year, though, with guitarist Joe Satriani suing the band for copyright infringement, claiming the song "Viva la Vida" resembled his own "If I Could Fly" a bit too closely.

American indie outfit Creaky Boards as well as the former Cat Stevens, Yusuf Islam, also claimed the song bore similarities to their own material. "We know we wrote it. That's all I have to say about it," says drummer Will Champion by telephone from the band's London studio. Well, that's not quite all. "It's funny how this only happens when the song is successful," he adds.

Champion has a point there. The song and the album both went to No. 1. The album featured the band — Champion, bassist Guy Berryman, guitarist Jon Buckland and singer-pianist-Gwyneth Paltrow spouse Chris Martin — expanding, and sometimes moving far away from, the quickly-identifiable sound it developed over its first three albums, 2000's "Parachutes," 2002's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" and 2005's "X&Y."

The band enlisted producer Brian Eno to help bring about that change. Eno may be best known for his work with U2, to whom Coldplay has been frequently, and not always favorably, compared. But his resume also includes co-founding Roxy Music, producing Talking Heads, Devo and the influential "No New York" post-punk compilation, as well as several pop and ambient albums under his own name.

"We wanted to try to come out with something that sounded markedly different," Champion says. "We would have never done it without [Eno's] provocation. He was the one pushing us into strange new territories. "He has done more than anyone else in inventing new ways of approaching music," Champion says.

With the band at a commercial and creative peak, fans were shocked when rumors circulated on the Internet that Chris Martin was planning to break up the band at the end of '09. Any truth to it? "He said it. He says that quite frequently," Champion says. "It's basically a statement of intent that we want to play every concert like it's our last, and make every album like it's our last."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/05/coldplay-bringing-its-brand-rock-tampa-weekend/news-breaking/

ON TOUR

Coldplay

WITH: Elbow and Kitty, Daisy and Lewis

WHEN: 7 p.m., Sunday

WHERE: Ford Amphitheatre, 4802 U.S. 301 N., Tampa; (813) 740-2446

COST: $35, $79.50 and $97.50

That is up to my Chauffeur and landlord, Mel. Mel will have to get up early the next day because her child doesn't give a crap about our Coldplay obsession, she just wants some breakfast. :P

Well if she's over three years old, she can pour her own bowl of Cheerios-self sufficiency at an early age is important.:laugh3:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa funny one Dianne!! I am sooooo glad mine are 17 and 14:D

Angie, seriously if ya can't make it, we shall have a toast for you and Jonny Boy:kiss:

A toast? Hell, let's get the boys over there for some body shots. (not that *I* would participate, of course, but some of you might):wideeyed:

Hey all!

From what I saw earlier, some of you were talking about a general admission for the Pit? How does that work?!?! My three best friends and I got tickets that are in like row Y (and we ordered the very first day)..but under the shed, so thats good. But if we could get into the Pit that would be INSANE. They are truly the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please let me know if there is any way we can get to the pit :)

Hey all!

From what I saw earlier, some of you were talking about a general admission for the Pit? How does that work?!?! My three best friends and I got tickets that are in like row Y (and we ordered the very first day)..but under the shed, so thats good. But if we could get into the Pit that would be INSANE. We've seen them in Sunrise, and in West Palm :) They are truly the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please let me know if there is any way we can get to the pit :)

Sorry, you had to buy tickets specifically for the pit. Without a ticket and wristband, security won't let you down. Since you'll be with your best friends, you'll have a great time where ever you are.