✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

28-Mar-09: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/V

If I were there, my attitude so would have been "If I get zapped, I'm dying in the best damn way humanly possible!" :D

I know:D That would be an awesome way to die:smug: (If it's my time to die ofcourse.. I rather just live, to see the whole concert.. Or even more concerts:P)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Nah...we've got three gigs in September, the SUN will be out in Florida we'll sit on the beach with ipod Coldplay instead :D

The what? The sun??? Oh yeah....:sunny:

:D

I wish I could join :disappointed:

I shall drown my sorrows in live videos on YouTube :tongue:

:kiss:

We'll probably be watching that awesome SS vid you shot Min!!

edit:

sorry concert people...back on topic....

I am with everyone else! That lightning looked cool but freaked me out! EEK!:stunned:

Coldplay Live Review - Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE (28th March 2009)

3rb100_nxSJ8H3wHm.jpg

Coldplay played at the outdoor Emirates Palace Hotel venue in the pouring rain this evening as their Middle Eastern Viva La Vida tour came to a dripping wet conclusion in the United Arab Emirates. Apart from the odd lighting strike and a sodden crowd, the show went ahead as planned.

Setlist: (unconfirmed, although reports back say it was the same as the Singapore set)

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano, Will)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Speed Of Sound (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals)

I'm A Believer (Neil Diamond Cover - acoustic)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

Picture: Hoong Wei Long

It was so good. The lightning and pelting rain made it even better. The setlist was the same as Singapore I believe but they played some nursery rhymes about rain while we stood there drebched. Chris apologgized for his 'shit arabic'. The sound went out after yellow on stage left and was recovered a couple songs later. Guy's guitar thing didn't work when they played at trhe end of the runway. A girl called Sarah who was my friend - went on stage because it was her birthday and the hardest part was dedicated to her. Will type more when I get back to my IMac. Stupid BB and EDGE. The concert was sponsered by DU who provides cellphone service and what happens? No cell service! What the hell is the point of learning TwitterBerry and TwitPic. Whatever, Parc des Princes 7eme Septembre. Maybe the french and Orange have better coverage. [thanks ifpikad]

yea i believe he said marhaba, shukran. and keefak? which translates to how are you if i'm not mistaken. best night ever!!! the rain pouring down in yellow and the balloons. just perfect!! [thanks atk]

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6026

Some more nuggets of video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3sOLOxaK_Y]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place, Live in Abu Dhabi 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVRpsXOZrCs]YouTube - Coldplay Abu Dhabi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sp1Fg-MtxY]YouTube - Coldplay Live in Abu Dhabi 2009[/ame]

We look back at Abu Dhabi’s hottest weekend to date…

coldplays_1_innerbig.jpg

On paper, the weekend was a triumph before it had even started - two of the world’s biggest acts playing back-to-back in the UAE capital, attracting thousands of fans from across the Emirates.

The weekend got off to a bumpy start. The wind whipped up a minor sandstorm in the dusty carpark at Emirates Palace and dumped its contents all over the bemused guests, many of whom had turned up in their opera finest. When the announcement came that the maestro would be onstage late, minor sandstorm threatened to turn into minor mutiny.

Andrea Bocelli is an odd tin of sardines. Like a classical Robbie Williams, you get the feeling he’d like to be a lot grander than he actually is. Certainly, he can cough up a better Rigoletto than you or I, and lesser men would blush at those high notes, but – as he proved in the second half on Friday night – his voice is better suited to Italian easy listening, or the Lloyd-Weber-esque ‘Time to Say Goodbye’, rather than the assault on opera’s greatest arias that he staged in the first.

For his final trick, he dribbled ‘Nessum Dorma’ down the centre of the park, showing occasional flair, before knocking a well-intended effort someway off target. Old twinkle-toes Pavarotti, should you need reminding, finished a similar move in considered style some twenty years earlier. Ending your gig with a weak version of someone else’s signature piece is, perhaps, not the best idea. Admitting that you haven’t bothered to learn any Arabic, despite your astronomical fee, smacks of arrogance.

No such language difficulties with Coldplay, whose eager-to-please front man Chris Martin must have swallowed a local dictionary. Once again, the elements voiced their disapproval in spectacular fashion – the primordial stew that had been brewing throughout Saturday finally giving way to a vast and furious electrical storm an hour before show time. It paused briefly to allow Mercury Rev their chance to mimic Flaming Lips, beginning again with renewed vigour during the headliners’ mesmeric rendition of smash hit ‘Yellow’. Never have 15,000 people looked so happy in the rain. Love him or hate him, Martin is a compelling frontman, and the unassuming young Brit managed to summon forth a devilish alter ego, pulling the gig back from the brink of being a literal washout.

If it hadn’t been for the large balls of water seemingly hurled from the sky, we’d have taken our hats off to Coldplay. On and on they played, interspersing their hit-ridden set with a cheery rendition of ‘Singing in the Rain’; amazed and delighted to be a part of the atmospheric irony. The occasion marked a triumphant close to both their world tour and one of the most surreal Abu Dhabi weekends in living memory.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/nightlife/features/7918-abu-dhabi-weekend

yea i believe he said marhaba, shukran

and keefak? which translates to how are you if i'm not mistaken.

best night ever!!!

the rain pouring down in yellow and the balloons. just perfect!!

Wow, I was right. :nice: :happy: That's nice. :cool:

btw, yes, you are right. keefak = how are you?

and as I said before, marhaba = hello

shukran = Thank you :)

Thanks for the review. :)

Wow, I was right. :nice: :happy: That's nice. :cool:

btw, yes, you are right. keefak = how are you?

and as I said before, marhaba = hello

shukran = Thank you :)

Thanks for the review. :)

I really want to see him saying that :stunned: Videos pleaaaaaaaaase...