✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

28-Mar-09: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/V

I can't type on a BB my life. Sarah went on stage because it was her birthday and the hardest part was dedicated to her. Will type more when I get back to my IMac. Stupid BB and EDGE. The concert was sponsered by DU who provides cellphone service and what happens? No cell service! What the hell is the point of learning TwitterBerry and TwitPic. Whatever, Parc des Princes 7eme Septembre. Maybe the french and Orange have better coverage.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't type on a BB my life. Sarah went on stage because it was her birthday and the hardest part was dedicated to her. Will type more when I get back to my IMac. Stupid BB and EDGE. The concert was sponsered by DU who provides cellphone service and what happens? No cell service! What the hell is the point of learning TwitterBerry and TwitPic. Whatever, Parc des Princes 7eme Septembre. Maybe the french and Orange have better coverage.

Woooaaaaaa :shocked2:

Dangit, I thought higher of DU! :angry:

Anyway, your friend is SO VERY lucky, WOW! :shocked2:

Can't wait for the rest of your review! :D

:o Awesome

Coldplay frontman Martin scoffs at rain

ABU DHABI // The British rock band Coldplay made their Middle East debut last night in a musical performance to a capacity crowd of 15,000 on the Emirates Palace hotel grounds.

bilde?Site=AD&Date=20090329&Category=NATIONAL&ArtNo=47335634&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&MaxW=300

The critically acclaimed group began their set with Violet Hill, followed by hits including Yellow and Clocks. Chris Martin, the lead singer, greeted fans in Arabic and laughed off several downpours with impromptu renditions of Singin’ in the Rain and Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.

“Even this torrential weather couldn’t stop us having a great time with you,” he told the crowd, who ignored the thunder and lightning to carry on dancing and cheering.

Sarah Foster, a Canadian, said: “He’s turned the rain into an amazing atmosphere. If anything it’s like a treat for us here.”

Philip Parks, also from Canada, said: “It’s the best concert I’ve been to here. The rain just made it better. Amazing atmosphere.”

Laura Nightingale, 27, from the UK, who is on holiday with her fiance, said the concert was the highlight of her trip. “This is an amazing treat,” she said. “I love the ‘show must go on’ attitude.”

A fan who turned 24 yesterday was invited to join Martin at the piano to turn the pages of his score as he played The Hardest Part.

Coldplay were supported by the US rock band Mercury Rev, who have been on the American music scene for more than 20 years and whom Martin cites as an inspiration for his musical career.

The band played three encores, the first of which, an acoustic set including the Monkees’ classic I'm A Believer, they performed on a second stage near fans in the standing section. The crowd turned on their mobile phones’ lights while all other lighting in the stadium was turned off to mark Earth Hour.

The concert – a joint venture between Flash and Live Nation – was “carbon neutral”.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090329/NATIONAL/47335634/1001/BUSINESS

ifpikad your friend was mentioned :dance:

Viva La Coldplay

ABU DHABI - Fans flocked to Abu Dhabi’s Emirate Palace hotel last night to see pop-rock heavy weights Coldplay live in concert.

The band, whose album Viva la Vida was last year’s best selling album worldwide, dropped by the nation’s capital for the last show of their world tour.

“Coldplay rock. I saw them four years ago and they were really good then. I’m expecting Chris Martin to be a dancing freak,” said Lucy Medial, a fashion consultant from Dubai.

“He isn’t sexy but he’s an amazing artist. I like that he is a green advocate and his fashion style is a bit dirty-chic.”

Coldplay aficionados came from across the country and even the region with Karin Aboujaoute, a student, travelling from Beirut, Lebanon. “I love Coldplay. Their songs are incredible and I’ve come all the way from Beirut to see them and I’ve bought a Coldplay hat,” Karin said.

“I want to hear some old songs like Clocks, Yellow and The Scientist — not just tunes from Viva la Vida.”

Lezanne Swart, a gothic designer from South Africa, wasn’t put off by drizzling rain or lightening streaking across the sky minutes before the band began playing.

“I know the words to all Coldplay songs. I love them. They are just really original and keep coming up with great albums,” Swart said. “I think Chris Martin is a good artist and I like that they support free trade. He and Gwyneth Paltrow make a good couple and I’m hoping they play a little bit of everything tonight. Viva la Vida or Death and All his Friends is probably my favourite album.”

The four-piece came on stage brandishing sparklers and opened with their latest single Life in Technicolor taken from Viva la Vida. (See the full report in City Times on Monday).

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle08.asp?xfile=/data/theuae/2009/March/theuae_March679.xml&section=theuae

YouTube - CIMG1263[/url]

Enjoy it. :)

That thunder:stunned: It really does add something to the show, although I hope it won't rain or having thunderstorms at my shows:P

Edit:

Viva La Coldplay

ABU DHABI - Fans flocked to Abu Dhabi’s Emirate Palace hotel last night to see pop-rock heavy weights Coldplay live in concert.

The band, whose album Viva la Vida was last year’s best selling album worldwide, dropped by the nation’s capital for the last show of their world tour.

“Coldplay rock. I saw them four years ago and they were really good then. I’m expecting Chris Martin to be a dancing freak,” said Lucy Medial, a fashion consultant from Dubai.

He isn’t sexy but he’s an amazing artist. I like that he is a green advocate and his fashion style is a bit dirty-chic.”

Coldplay aficionados came from across the country and even the region with Karin Aboujaoute, a student, travelling from Beirut, Lebanon. “I love Coldplay. Their songs are incredible and I’ve come all the way from Beirut to see them and I’ve bought a Coldplay hat,” Karin said.

“I want to hear some old songs like Clocks, Yellow and The Scientist — not just tunes from Viva la Vida.”

Lezanne Swart, a gothic designer from South Africa, wasn’t put off by drizzling rain or lightening streaking across the sky minutes before the band began playing.

“I know the words to all Coldplay songs. I love them. They are just really original and keep coming up with great albums,” Swart said. “I think Chris Martin is a good artist and I like that they support free trade. He and Gwyneth Paltrow make a good couple and I’m hoping they play a little bit of everything tonight. Viva la Vida or Death and All his Friends is probably my favourite album.”

The four-piece came on stage brandishing sparklers and opened with their latest single Life in Technicolor taken from Viva la Vida. (See the full report in City Times on Monday).

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle08.asp?xfile=/data/theuae/2009/March/theuae_March679.xml&section=theuae

Excuse me miss?! :P

Twitterness :D

danindxb: Stunning evening at Coldplay in Abu Dhabi. Just awesome.

5hani: Just got back from THE COLDPlAY CONCErT : LOVED IT!

ajaffarali: Saw Coldplay live- incredible act

SamuraiToast: thought that the Coldplay concert was literally the best time he's ever had!! Singing under the rain is the best!

ChadManes: 1am - Coldplay in Abu Dhabi was awesome! Gotta be up in 3 hours for the show. Oof

KAL79: Coldplay in Abu Dhabi = AMAZING. Gotta sleep, up in 3 hours, live on air.

jassim: wet,damp,slightly cold but it was an awesome night...thank u coldplay for rocking the socks off abu dhabi....

hourie: Coldplay gave an extraordinary concert in Abu Dhabi. Chapeau Bas!!!

Twitterness :D

danindxb: Stunning evening at Coldplay in Abu Dhabi. Just awesome.

5hani: Just got back from THE COLDPlAY CONCErT : LOVED IT!

ajaffarali: Saw Coldplay live- incredible act

SamuraiToast: thought that the Coldplay concert was literally the best time he's ever had!! Singing under the rain is the best!

ChadManes: 1am - Coldplay in Abu Dhabi was awesome! Gotta be up in 3 hours for the show. Oof

KAL79: Coldplay in Abu Dhabi = AMAZING. Gotta sleep, up in 3 hours, live on air.

jassim: wet,damp,slightly cold but it was an awesome night...thank u coldplay for rocking the socks off abu dhabi....

hourie: Coldplay gave an extraordinary concert in Abu Dhabi. Chapeau Bas!!!

Sounds like the boys dazzled Abu Dhabi!

Gotta love Twitter! :dance:

yea i believe he said marhaba, shukran

and keefak? which translates to how are you if i'm not mistaken.

best night ever!!!

the rain pouring down in yellow and the balloons. just perfect!!