✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-May-2009: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT, USA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I don't know you guys!:rolleyes:

and now I'm getting nervous that you guys want to leave so early, 'cause you know I work the night before, right??? and don't' get out until 5am....and then I gotta get my butt to Christa's...and :wreck:dont' leave without me!!:cry:

oh, i bet at the absolute earliest, we'd get there around 3PM for doors to open at 6PM (that's just a guess at the doors time, though...i don't think they've announced it yet). the GA section is very small when compared to places where the whole floor is GA (ie, wembley :wreck:), and i think most places have laws/permits stating when a line can start to form anyway. i'd think two to three hours beforehand would be about right, but i'm just guessing for now.

i'd assume that means you guys leaving western LI at like...11AM? noon? we have time to plan it all out, so i wouldn't get worried just yet :smiley:

Booo I know you're working that night! :P Run to Christa's straight from work and then take a nap until I show up a couple hours later, and then after that you'll be running on a Coldplay high all day anyway! :lol:

edit: Oh Chelsea, 3 PM? I was thinking like, noon. But I have no idea. I made that up, as I have no experience waiting in GA lines. :uhoh:

edit again: Oh, and it's only about a 2 hr ride, assuming there's no traffic. :confused:

yeah I was thinking you guys would want to be there around noon-ish??? or early p.m. anyway...so I'll see if maybe I can get off work 1 or 2hr early...and then come home take a nap, then head on over to Christa's. But yeah we have time to think things through LOL. (you know we just spammed up this thread to page 30, pretty much all by ourselves?:stunned::P)

edit: Oh Chelsea, 3 PM? I was thinking like, noon. But I have no idea. I made that up, as I have no experience waiting in GA lines. :uhoh:

edit again: Oh, and it's only about a 2 hr ride, assuming there's no traffic. :confused:

i'm just guessing as well for the most part, but this is my way of thinking:

a) the GA area is very small, so it's not like we'll be beating the masses by getting there SIX hours early.

b) the venue probably has an official time that they let people start to line up. otherwise it may be considered loitering/trespassing, and the parking lot won't be open until a certain time anyway. we can get around the parking issue, of course, but i think they'll probably not be so welcoming if there's a random pack of six women hanging out all bloody day :lol:.

c) i think we're going to be pretty much the biggest crazies there, so i don't think there will be THAT many people ahead of us waiting if we get there three hours beforehand! depending on what the venue says about past shows with the same setup and same level of band popularity, they can give us a decent timeframe on when to get there (however, whatever they say, i say we get there an hour beforehand to be on the safe side :wink:).

however, most of this is just me speculating. our most concrete information will come from the box office, and then we can plan around that.

it's only two hours? it takes me about 1-1.5 hours to get to the NYC area from where i am in the danbury area, and an 1-1.5 hours from the danbury area to hartford. i guess this is just me being neurotic, then, because i always leave an hour buffer time when i'm making a big trip and need to be somewhere at a given time :P.

c) i think we're going to be pretty much the biggest crazies there, so i don't think there will be THAT many people ahead of us waiting if we get there three hours beforehand! depending on what the venue says about past shows with the same setup and same level of band popularity, they can give us a decent timeframe on when to get there (however, whatever they say, i say we get there an hour beforehand to be on the safe side :wink:).

The bolded statement is particularly true. :P

And hmmm maybe it does take a little more than 2 hrs, but maybe I'm thinking that because when I went up there last summer my friend who was driving likes to speed. :cool:

i'm doing some internet searching now...the box office won't even be open till 2PM for an evening show, so i assume that means we'd be trespassing if we got there earlier (camping and loitering are prohibited, and tailgaiting is usually limited to three hours before a show, from experience). no other info on the live nation page for the venue really pertains to us right now (though we have to be careful with signs...i know they can be strict from history and personal experience). the meadows' own website is "currently down for maintenance," but that may have something useful when it's live.

Chelsea, you're killing my "we're gonna wait all afternoon to be first in line, first in the gate, front row, so close I can taste Chris Martin's sweat(eww!)" buzz!!!

oh and just because we're posting like maniacs, doesn't necessarily mean

i think we're going to be pretty much the biggest crazies there

someone could be reading this and sayiing, "hey getting there super early sounds like a great idea! I've got GA tix, too, and if those girls are gonna be there at such and such time, then I'm getting there half hour earlier:idea2:" OR we really are nuts, and me even considering this outta paranoia just confirms the quoted statement:laugh3:

yeah, and people call ME neurotic! :lol: i think that's sliiiightly paranoid, but i get your drift :wink:.

my point is that we WILL still be the first ones in line at the gate...that's OBVIOUSLY the goal! i'm just saying that we probably won't have to (or be able to) wait more than three hours to do that :D. this is a tiny CT shed venue, not wembley, and we WILL be waiting in line for upwards of two hours at least, but i don't think we'll be in line for more than 4 hours at the most, by necessity and by law :P. then again, it all depends on what the box office says.

i am TERRIBLE at estimating amounts of people in a given area, so forgive me if my estimate is way off, but at other shows i've been at at this venue with a GA pit, there didn't seem to be more than 200, 300 at the ABSOLUTE most, in the GA pit. even if we did get stuck in the middle or the back (which is NOT happening of COURSE, i'm just saying this to calm everyone down a bit) we'd still have an excellent view and be suuuuuuper close :D. the entire GA area looked to me as though it was approximately the equivalent size of 10 seated rows. IE, small area.

if it makes you guys feel better and it works in everyones' schedules, maybe we should all get to hartford at like noon or one or two and keep checking in on the venue and then popping back out to a nearby starbucks or something hanging out until it seems like a good moment to strike and take over the front of the line :sneaky:.

i just went through my photos of the venue from the other concerts i've been to there, but since they were all taken during showtime when it's a) dark, and b) EVERYONE is standing up, not just GA, it's impossible to show you guys the approximate size of the area and the set up :sad:.

however, here are a few shots that i took when i saw pearl jam there last june (on the SAME DAY that i saw coldplay on the today show in NYC :wreck:. and then i flew to amsterdam for the rest of the summer the next day :freak:). the first (red) one is a wideangle shot of the stage from section 600. the second one is a somewhat closer shot of the same, but those first few rows of people standing in front of the stage? that's probably the whole of the GA section, approximately. it's like 7-10 rows of people deep. OH! it's a bit shorter and smaller than the VIP section we were in at the today show! that's a good way to think about it...it's a bit smaller than that.

like i say, disclaimer to what i said above: i have spacial issues and can be DRASTICALLY off when i estimate areas of space or number of people in an area, but my point was that it's not a HUGE number of people in GA.

as i said, please come down to NY and organize my life........

COLDPLAY - HIRE THIS WOMAN!

:lol:. well thanks...i just try to be helpful. frankly, i'm surprised you guys are still willing to be listening to me after how DRASTICALLY wrong i was about the tickets! :lol: (and thank god i was :D). i'd like to reiterate, though, that this is all just my speculation, in case any of you want to kill me later for being wrong again :P

hmm, christa, want to mention the fact that i'm hireable to chris at the stage door if we meet him coming out? :sneaky: :whistle::P

^we are just trying to figure that out!!! if you have ga tix that will change your arrival time

sorry sarah!!! i was trying to get a certain mod to go down and listen to the Radiohead concert and report but it did not work

Chelsea, dont you worry. my mouth was made for talking, i had a career in Public Relations so just have your resume ready:laugh3:

I just got the tix in the mail!!!!:dance:

oh and...."the sun will shine, on this heart of mine" in 56 days!!!

(Daylight)

ahem, am I gonna have to be the one to do the countdown?!?!:uhoh: (Or maybe I should drop it until 1 month before?!?)

I don't think I'm as clever as Christa when it comes to picking up the quotes:embarassed: