✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-May-2009: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT, USA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood why someone would go to a concert just to watch the screen...

Does anyone know if the seat numbers go up or down from the wall? It makes a big difference on whether ill be one of those people watching a screen or the stage due to a wall possibly being in my face...

http://www.livenation.com/venue/meadows-music-theater-tickets

click on the 3D seating chart link, type in your row and section and it'll show you the view.

Not bad but Guy might be hidden a bit by the wall...

I'd like to clarify that this is also my first concert ever that I am going to.

First time Coldplay concert, awwwwww!

The Orlando concert last November was my first. I made sure I went because I couldn't see them when they came to Tampa in 2006 (no money :cry:)

I knew my seat was far, and that I would see them the size of ants because my section was in the middle-tier, center-left of the arena, facing the stage, but I was ok with it.

Guess what!? I was in the section where they came up to sing "The Scientist." When they stopped at the end of my row, I couldn't believe it. There is a minute long video (taped by my brother) of me freaking out from the moment I saw them coming up from the floor.

It went like this: :o:shocked2::stunned::lol::bomb::D

I had not read any review, nor I was a Coldplaying member before the concert, so I was not expecting this nor I was aware of how the concerts go

And then I didn't expect that something would top seeing them upclose, and then comes Lovers in Japan and the butterfly confetti.

Yep, my brother caught the whole song in video, and he ocasionally zoomed to capture my sister's and my reaction :laugh3:

I'm over the moon they're coming to my town, and I'll try to go to the West Palm Beach one.

Guess what!? I was in the section where they came up to sing "The Scientist." When they stopped at the end of my row, I couldn't believe it. There is a minute long video (taped by my brother) of me freaking out from the moment I saw them coming up from the floor.

It went like this: :o:shocked2::stunned::lol::bomb::D

I had not read any review, nor I was a Coldplaying member before the concert, so I was not expecting this nor I was aware of how the concerts go

And then I didn't expect that something would top seeing them upclose, and then comes Lovers in Japan and the butterfly confetti.

I'm over the moon they're coming to my town, and I'll try to go to the West Palm Beach one.

I'm pretty sure I would faint if they came up for a part near my seat so I understand your reaction completely!

You're so lucky they are coming to your town too, I still can't get over the fact that I got my brother to drive me nearly three hours from long island to see this show!

Me too!

I'm trying to predict what the set list will be like because I'm pretty sure what it'll be like, but not the order.

I realllllly want them to keep the setlist they have now, maybe adding some more prospekt songs, but overall just keep it as it is with all of the awesome songs that ive always dreamt about seeing live. Next Coldplay concert I go to i'll complain about adding different songs to the setlist. :D

Well at least this going to be better than trying to see U2 at Giants Stadium. They'll look like fleas with best available tickets.

Hahaha, they're coming to Tampa as well. The Raymond James stadium is 15 minutes from my house. I want to go, but I'm sure I'll be in the nosebleeds :lol:

I'm pretty sure I would faint if they came up for a part near my seat so I understand your reaction completely!

You're so lucky they are coming to your town too, I still can't get over the fact that I got my brother to drive me nearly three hours from long island to see this show!

Oh, your brother is nice. I went with my sister (fan) and my brother (not fan), and I had to buy him the ticket so he could drive. I drive, but I've never driven outside Tampa, and the interstates here are a bit dangerous, lots of accidents all the time, so I didn't want to drive myself. An extra $97 hurts, but he took the pictures and videos, I didn't worry about that (besides I cannot take a picture to save my life) :laugh3:

Eh. They'll be about 1/2 mile away. lololol

you mean 1/2 mile below me? :laugh3:

I would die if Snow Patrol was the opening act, but I think The Black Eyed Peas will open (nothing against them, I just like Snow Patrol waaaaaaaaaaay more)

Anyway, I've been thinking if I should go crazy and buy a Pit ticket for this concert or for DC. Mmmmmm.....

Oh, your brother is nice. I went with my sister (fan) and my brother (not fan), and I had to buy him the ticket so he could drive. I drive, but I've never driven outside Tampa, and the interstates here are a bit dangerous, lots of accidents all the time, so I didn't want to drive myself. An extra $97 hurts, but he took the pictures and videos, I didn't worry about that (besides I cannot take a picture to save my life) :laugh3:

My brother is a non fan as well, but he is the most accepting of my four brothers of my love for Coldplay, can drive on major highways and bridges, has a camera, AND he is paying for my ticket as a birthday present!

Your brother is a real sport to have went with you and taken all of the pictures, as well. I'm pretty sure that even though ill have a camera ill be too busy watching/singing/dancing to take anything and just hand it off as well:D

Go crazy! Come on its Coldplay, you know its going to be worth the money to get there and pay for the ticket!

Another question...

When do they usually release who the support band will be? Is there a usually time or does it change on a tour to tour basis?

I think there's a thread about it. All I know is that Elbow will be opening in Tampa.

You'll have to probably wait until August >_>
Nope, I'm going to West Palm (May 15, US tour opener) whatever it takes. I'll be done with the semester, so I can reward myself with this :lol:

Are pit tickets good?

Hi - I was quick to jump on the pit tickets yesterday for the 5/23 Hartford show, but see that they still haven't sold out. Are pit tickets good? I've always had reserved seating, I don't think any shows I've been to have ever offered pit tickets so I wasn't expecting that option yesterday. Let me know your thoughts, good or bad! Thanks!

Meadows, 5/23 -- Pit tickets...

Hi - I was quick to jump on the pit tickets yesterday for the 5/23 Hartford show, but see that they still haven't sold out. Are pit tickets good? I've always had reserved seating, I don't think any shows I've been to have ever offered pit tickets so I wasn't expecting that option yesterday. Let me know your thoughts, good or bad! Thanks!

^Pit tickets are AWESOME!

I wish the Tampa show had them!

You'll have to wait in line for a couple of hours, but it's worth it!

wait, what do you mean wait in line for a couple of hours? to get right up front? if you show up at showtime you'll just be in the back of the pit? that still can't be that bad, it's like 15 feet deep, right?