✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hershey was amazing last night! I didn't bring my camera, which I really should have because I was 10 feet from b-stage, but whatever... at least I got to enjoy the show without having to worry about pics and vids. Chris tripped within the first 5 seconds. He was the last one to come out with his sparkler, he was right after Guy. He fell pretty hard, it wasn't just a tumble to his knees.. from what I saw, he was flat on the ground. He got up pretty quickly though and kept dancing around. They kept on playing, and during In My Place I was thinking to myself "he seems to be in a bad mood" I thought maybe it might have just been the fact that the crowd sucked.

But after IMP there was like 45 seconds of darkness. I could see Chris walking to the far right of the stage, past Guy and behind some kind of curtain.. Then he came back and was talking to Jonny for a little bit. After that they started up Yellow, and at the end of the song, Chris explained that he was "in a shit mood" because he had just burned his hand.

It took a while for the crowd to get into it, but pretty soon people were jumping/singing/dancing etc.

At the end of 42, Jonny stalled for a bit with a guitar part, while Chris ran back behind the curtain to get bandaged.

During the B-stage, OMG I nearly died. no joke. Since Hartford had been such a Guy night, I made sure to keep my eyes on Will the whole time. He was so insanely hot, and even my sister who is a Jonny lover said "Wow, Will is gorgeous." he looked soooooo good.

Before the hardest part, Chris said something about "This is how it would be if I went solo, just like when Justin left Nsync." and then he sang a justin timberlake song for like 3 seconds. :lol:

The rest of the show was amazing, they all looked and sounded great. Will seemed to be beating the drums particularly hard :sneaky:

Thanks for clearing that up :D

Great review and sometimes it's better not taking a camera, when I was front row at War Child all I kept thinking was "look how close they are I need to take pictures/video to prove it" and you kinda forget to stop and take it in.

i know! did you guys see this tweet from Guy?

coldplayNew York is hot today!! Chris burned his arm last night at Hershey stadium. He made it though.. Guy http://twitpic.com/5xgvf

Yeah, I saw Chris before In My Place move to the side of the stage. Though could it of been after Violet Hill because they had they had that long period of darkness between Violet Hill and Clocks, so...

Will Champion and Guy were awesome last night . When they did the B stage thing in Philly last July , I did'nt really get it. But last Night , GPASOYF w/ the techno Drumming was great . I think it was the open air Stadium that really made that work. Will is A Phenomenal Musician AND I liked his Singing too. !!

Will Champion and Guy were awesome last night . When they did the B stage thing in Philly last July , I did'nt really get it. But last Night , GPASOYF w/ the techno Drumming was great . I think it was the open air Stadium that really made that work. Will is A Phenomenal Musician AND I liked his Singing too. !!

The Clocks Laser Show was great outside!!!

Poor Chris :( he was really amazing even after being injured and starting off in a bad mood. It was kind of awkward at first seeing him so upset but he recovered quickly and got into it and put on an amazing show as did ALL of the boys.

The crowd was slow to get into at first (at least from where I was, I was with Lauren right in front of b-stage) But halfway through the people around me were dancing and singing OOOO-ing :)

When the boys came over to do b-stage it was AMAZING, we were so close. I could see Guy say to Jonny as soon as they got to the end of the ramp "And don't fuck it up this time" with a huge smile on his face. The night before in Hartford Jonny had missed his intro in GPASUYF so it was cute to see them joking with one another.

Like Lauren mentioned Will Champion up close is a sight to behold. So gorgeous :D

I couldn't believe that the rain held off for the entire concert it was pretty amazing and I had an awesome time. Now after seeing Coldplay back to back for two days I'm really considering Camden too, :lol:

Some funny Chris quotes that I can remember:

"If you're as impressed by Jonny's good looks as I ammmm, won't you let me know"

"You can have our cd for the very low price of nil dollars, it doesn't cost you anything and if you don't like it....I don't care"

"Will Champion, I apologize for you having to put up with a difficult lead singer in this band but are you in love?"

"Guy Berryman I apologize for you having to put a difficult lead singer and drummer in this band but are you in love?"

"Jonny B-boy, Buckland. I know this is your worst nightmare singing in front of 12,000 people, I know you don't even like singing karaoke on our days off to the easiest of Beegees songs but are you in love?"

"Will Champion, I apologize for you having to put up with a difficult lead singer in this band but are you in love?"

"Guy Berryman I apologize for you having to put a difficult lead singer and drummer in this band but are you in love?"

"Jonny B-boy, Buckland. I know this is your worst nightmare singing in front of 12,000 people, I know you don't even like singing karaoke on our days off to the easiest of Beegees songs but are you in love?"

Hehe I guess that's what Noelia meant when she mentioned Will and Chris falling out. Diva Chris :P

Thanks for the review :nice:

Hehe I guess that's what Noelia meant when she mentioned Will and Chris falling out. Diva Chris :P

Thanks for the review :nice:

After Chris said that the album was nil dollars didn't he say something along the lines of, "Some rock critics would say the best value for a Coldplay album". O Chris.

He said something about 12,000 Pennsylvanians or Pennsylvanians, I am trying to remember!!

Okay i started to upload my videos now,i slept the entire last night after i came till now....:lol:

Now i am writing my whole big review:

To begin with the drive from Edison New Jersey where i am staying to Hershey,Pennsylvania:shocked2: is incredibly awesome during day but not night.

Its a countryside driving.With lot of trees and mountains looking around...

we stopped just at one point at Mcdonalds and then immediately went into the Hershey Stadium Park to park the car and then went into the theme park for a while and saw a lot of chocolates and came back.....then after we sat in the car the rain started and i said with my hubby well what's the time and he said its already 6:50 i said we'll go in and we went in...oh...the rain started with thunder storms and it went on till 7:45 or so...then the skies beginned to clear for luck..and i was so scared all the time but still got the courage to go to the seats and went to my seats....:)

I think i saw Helen(my star is fading) in my row in section but didn't speak with her..because its almost show time and then Pete Yorn came ...well his music is okay....And they knew that we're waiting for Coldplay and said thanks to them.He said something about when his mother is pregnant with him...:laugh3:

And then immediately after a long time music with roadies and i think i took a video with roadies doing work on stage with music playing at the background..but deleted it to keep the space in the camera for show....

Then afterwards Jay z song started "give it to me" i thought yeah the band will be up in a few minutes...and then the classical piece and then

immediately the lights were off we stood immediately up......

And the LIT started with sparklers and i didn't know that Chris burned his hand...:(:(:(:(poor babyyy.......

But the sparklers are so awesome pink,yellow different colors and LIT was over and Chris went into Violet hill and then at the end said "i took my love to Hershey,Pennsylvania" and at the end said comments about we people standing in rain to see them.:)

And then after wards Clocks started...oh its my favorite song i always love it starting to the end with all the beautiful red lights........

And then In my place is also very energetic......

Then during Yellow Chris said a word about Hershey,Chocolates that there are so many and he was unable to eat them like that and did some jokes....

And then Glass of water and Cemeteries of London are so heavily rocked....:)

And then 42 and Fix you we all people sang pretty well and Chris said at the end "great singing everyone"

my husband took very good pictures of him during Fix you...:sneaky:you can see them in the photobucket link i gave..

And then strawberry swing i clapped my hands for the song...and all the people did too in my section...and its so awesome...

And then god put a smile upon your face and talk set...was so beautiful my fav. part of the whole concert beginned and Chris was near to me in front to see so i beginned to take the photos....:)

And then hardest part started well don't know but Chris did a comment about some Justin...:confused:don't know....there i'll upload the video and you see there....

he just did a small sweet moment with "this is called we do solar section of the show...

Slightly bad haircuts..same looks....and then....with less dancing.....

(he thanked us for all waiting in rain and all those things appreciation for his band thanks.)for that.."could you be my girlfriend"..."ohguys its all serious now...":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well hardest part i took that video with me singing because i love that song so muchh....especially live alone with Chris and will....:kiss::kiss:

And then Viva la vida Chris just rocked and then layed on floor at the end and we all people in my section don't know about others did Viva chants...and then he stood up after a while....and then went into Lost with some dragon costume:lol: and then....

The moment now came for me and my group in the section....:sneaky:

They came just opposite to me in my row to see and exactly they were at the end i can see the focus lights but not them because there's a huge....stairs there....

and so...then green eyes was beautiful and then death will never conquer was over...and then during the beginning of the i'm a believer Chris asked us to do the mexican cold wave and then....asked first the farthest people to do it afterwards came to us and said people in the middle...(means our group where i was standing)and then we all did it...it was so enthusisatic and perfectly awesome moment i lived......

And then afterwards i'm a believer was over...he pointed to our group and said "all those good looking people in the middle,are you in love?:sneaky:" we all shouted "ouuuuuuuuuuuuu" and then he asked "our first mexican cold wavers...:lol:" to the first group who did the wave..) well that's one awesome moment of the show i lived...can't forget it......And then did some jokes with Will,Jonny and Guy....and finished it....

And then..went back to the stage and Politik was so energetic...

And Lovers in Japan the butterflies are so beautiful and they falled a lot on me and i caught a lot of them.......i had a whole lot of them and in different colors now.......

And then death and all his friends....was beautiful....after that they waved and Chris came and waved a lot at us people in the group and section.......:sneaky:

And they took the bow and went back stage and came out and before beginning Scientist Chris said "i think you all people have enjoyed your show have good moments,so please take the live cd don't forget it,if you don't like it too well hahhha i don't mind":heart: we all people shouted "ouuuuu" again for that from back ...actually in my section there are lot of people shouting loud all the time......

And then LIT2 was finished and the show was one brilliant show...i ever saw.....i liked all the moments from starting to end like anything....and lived it....

Videos coming soon from me...

COLDPLAYMay242009010.jpg

COLDPLAYMay242009014.jpg

I recorded In My Place, Fix You, Yellow, Viva la Vida, Lovers in Japan, and The Scientist

But they are not very good. Ok camera, horrible zoom, shaky hands (cuz I was so excited xD) But i'll post anyway.... (:

Life in Technicolor and Violet hill video from me(probably my favorite ever...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCQ5NK51

Clocks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8EP8QEKI

Strawberry swing

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GLGZEL78

god put a smile upon your face(just a small bit since i beginned to take photos of Chris after that...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO9MYMTE

Hardest Part

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58D58OOT

Scientist

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y39H1O72

COLDPLAYMay242009010.jpg

COLDPLAYMay242009014.jpg

I recorded In My Place, Fix You, Yellow, Viva la Vida, Lovers in Japan, and The Scientist

But they are not very good. Ok camera, horrible zoom, shaky hands (cuz I was so excited xD) But i'll post anyway.... (:

Thanks. I've already started to put some videos in the first post and will add more when they come :D

Poor Chris :( he was really amazing even after being injured and starting off in a bad mood. It was kind of awkward at first seeing him so upset but he recovered quickly and got into it and put on an amazing show as did ALL of the boys.

The crowd was slow to get into at first (at least from where I was, I was with Lauren right in front of b-stage) But halfway through the people around me were dancing and singing OOOO-ing :)

When the boys came over to do b-stage it was AMAZING, we were so close. I could see Guy say to Jonny as soon as they got to the end of the ramp "And don't fuck it up this time" with a huge smile on his face. The night before in Hartford Jonny had missed his intro in GPASUYF so it was cute to see them joking with one another.

Like Lauren mentioned Will Champion up close is a sight to behold. So gorgeous :D

I couldn't believe that the rain held off for the entire concert it was pretty amazing and I had an awesome time. Now after seeing Coldplay back to back for two days I'm really considering Camden too, :lol:

Some funny Chris quotes that I can remember:

"If you're as impressed by Jonny's good looks as I ammmm, won't you let me know"

"You can have our cd for the very low price of nil dollars, it doesn't cost you anything and if you don't like it....I don't care"

Yeah i love this moment i quoted,well he said 12,000 Pennsylvanians...

And its most awesome moment because jonny just did "ouuuuuuu:lol::lol::lol::lol:"

hahhha very awesome....