✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

Ok, so I got to the stadium around 2:30 to try and see if I could hear a soundcheck. I met up with Proffesa95 and he told me that they were not having one as they were still building the stage. So we came back (me, my husband, daughter who is 5) and went in around 6:30. We wanted to see if we could get the upgrade because our seats were not the best (way up in the bleachers, jonny side). Anyway, the skies opened and it rained and thunderstormed very hard for a while and we all had to crowd in the hallways and covered part of the venue which I think brought a lot of peoples moods down. When it stopped and they allowed us back in I had my eyes peeled for Miller or the other girl I read that does the upgrades. Not even 5 min later I looked down in our section and I saw her! I ran like crazy and grabbed her and asked if she was the girl who moved fans into the front row. She said she was and I told her how I was there with my daughter and how she loved the band and it was her first concert and how I was a big fan. Well her face fell a bit and she said that she couldn't move me. She went on the explain that Chris does not like to see kids in the front rows. He got very upset with her once for upgrading someone with a kid because it is so loud in the very front even with earplugs. I have to admit I was devestated because otherwise I would have been in the front row. But what she said totally made sense and I felt a little dumb for not thinking of that myself.

I have to say that the band was more energetic and sounded better than on the first leg of the tour. The crowd (around me anyway) was a dud and there was a lack of energy. Most everyone sat down through the whole show. Chris was so into talking to the crowd like how he used to be. He changed the lyrics in Violet Hill to something like "if you think jonny buckland has amazingly good looks wont you let me know" which was hilarious. He also said right before The Hardest Part that it was the solo part of the show, like when Justin Timberlake left N'sync. And then he joked about how they had the same haircut but he wasnt as good looking and didnt have his dancing skills and started singing a snippet of "girlfriend". He did mention that he was in a "shit" mood because he burned his hand at the begining of the show. Chris really tried to get the crowd into it and even called them out in a song for not having any enthusiasm. The acoustic set was in my section, like 15-20 rows up but still a cool bonus!

The show was great. I liked the tweaks from the first leg mostly. I really miss them performing "Yes" though. Chris really was doing a lot of extra stuff on the piano throughout the night which is my FAVE!! I think that they sounded great. I am going to see them tomorrow......I can't wait!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my !!! He mentioned Nsync :cheesy: Now, I'm sure Sarah had a great time :lol:

the soundcheck vids are awesome :dead: thanks! I find the first one when you run funny :P

edit : ^ btw, I'm sorry you didn't get the upgrade but Chris had his reason, a sweet one :nice:

I went to the concert last night with my son and his girlfriend. This was his 16th birthday present along with a flip video camera. The flip came in handy, because when they played in the stands towards the end of the concert, they played in our row, just across the aisle!! They were literally 20 feet away. I was so excited and then I remembered I had my iphone and could take a picture! I had zipped it away in my purse in a bag that had our rain jackets so it took me awhile to dig it out. I was so excited that I think my hands were shaking when I finally got it out and took a couple of pictures. Doubtful that they came out very well anyway since the guys were on our row, we just got their profiles. They were so close though that we could see them sweating. What a wonderful night! My son thanked me several times, which made the hour and a half drive all worth it.

Oh my !!! He mentioned Nsync :cheesy: Now, I'm sure Sarah had a great time :lol:

the soundcheck vids are awesome :dead: thanks! I find the first one when you run funny :P

edit : ^ btw, I'm sorry you didn't get the upgrade but Chris had his reason, a sweet one :nice:

I know. I totally understand. She is my baby!! It just still stung a little ;)

^^i think, but i'm not sure... i think he tripped while on stage, when waving at us. but he might've fallen. poor thing. :bigcry:!!!

EDIT: ignore this post now. :P

so... what you're saying is that you are the one to blame for chris being burned? and you're bragging about it? watch out for the angry mobs outside your door in the morning! :D jk

glad to hear the soundcheck videos, thanks. i thought they were working out some new songs in the soundchecks? that's a shame. i'd say if they didn't change it up by now, we can't expect any changes by the end, but what do i know...

so... what you're saying is that you are the one to blame for chris being burned? and you're bragging about it? watch out for the angry mobs outside your door in the morning! :D jk

glad to hear the soundcheck videos, thanks. i thought they were working out some new songs in the soundchecks? that's a shame. i'd say if they didn't change it up by now, we can't expect any changes by the end, but what do i know...

oh my god i'm not bragging about it!! of course not!!! i just felt bad. :(

amazing pictures, everyone!! SUCH a great day!!!

OH. MY. GOD LAST NIGHT WAS SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor chris, though. he was feeling pretty bummed cause he burned himself on a sparkler during soundcheck. which i actually saw! :(

but of course, they were still phenominal, as ALWAYS.

okay, so, here are some vids from the SOUND CHECK!!!!

you can't see anything. a few movements here or there, but, you can't see them on the video. I SAW JONNY'S HAT. :D

AND I MET ONE OF THE ROADIES. he was awesome. we were asking him if he could get the boys to come over, and he said they were running late, so they probably wouldn't. :(

and when i saw chris burn himself, at least i think i did, there was someone waving a sparkler at us!!!!! he kept waving, so, we waved back, then he stopped, and then they didn't play for a bit, and left.

wow. that's a run on sentence. :laugh4:

but yeah, i think that's when it happened. :( anyways, here are the vids!!! it was around 3:30ish. i think they were running late.

anyways, here's the sound check!! (REMEMBER, MY CAMERA MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK LIKE I'M A LOT FARTHER AWAY THEN I WAS) my seats were pretty good!!

this was when i was running over to the stage. :P!!!

YouTube - COLDPLAY SOUNDCHECK!! 5/25/09, Hershey, PA.

these are closer: (the sound is pretty awesome!)

hope you like 'em!!! so here are some pics and vids from the SHOW!!!!!

the pictures are shit.

and the videos make me seem a lot further away. :P

000p3wpk

000p4651

000p56z5

s640x480

s320x240

YouTube - COLDPLAY, 5/24/09, HERSHEY, PA

AMAZING.

and the best part is...

I GET TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!

WOOO!!!:D:D:D:D

Awww Christina seems like you had an amazing night ! :dance:

Your videos are great, I really like the end of Violet Hill "if..." :P

May09teapartyhersheyparkCP041.jpg

tailgating before the show with bubbles!

May09teapartyhersheyparkCP037.jpg

the sign!

May09teapartyhersheyparkCP043.jpg

the sign my daughter made :)

May09teapartyhersheyparkCP045.jpg

Your daughter is so cute !:blush:

She's so young and already have great music tastes, thanks mom ;)

oh, one more thing.

the crowd.

wasn't as into it as i would've liked.

i think camden'll be better.

no jumping. no dancing. no singing. no CHEERING.

they didn't even keep going "OOOH...OOHHH..." at the end of VLV to get chris back to life.

i was SERIOUSLY the only one singing it. it was bull. :dozey:.

i hope camden's better.

oh, one more thing.

the crowd.

wasn't as into it as i would've liked.

i think camden'll be better.

no jumping. no dancing. no singing. no CHEERING.

they didn't even keep going "OOOH...OOHHH..." at the end of VLV to get chris back to life.

i was SERIOUSLY the only one singing it. it was bull. :dozey:.

i hope camden's better.

I absolutely agree with you about the lame crowd! Seriously, I am thankful that everyone on the floor remained standing the whole time, because I have been to shows around here where people only stand up once in a while, then sit back down, and the artist is like "C'MON PEOPLE STAND UP!!!"

I'm not sure where you're from, but I'm from Allentown, PA, and I will go there...we are not all Amish in Pennsylvania as some people think, but there is definitely something that keeps these people around here from going nuts at shows! Does anyone else from around here agree?

I was embarrassed, too, that no one was keeping up the OOOOH's to get Chris back to life, I was like didn't you people download LRLRL?!?!!!!! I think he was making fun of the crowd a little with a weak, OOOOhhh, then they were like eff it, we will just start Lost now! I'm curious to hear how the crowds in Camden, and then Pittsburgh are.

Also, there was no cheering when Chris took his jacket off, so I too refrained :laugh3:

I absolutely agree with you about the lame crowd! Seriously, I am thankful that everyone on the floor remained standing the whole time, because I have been to shows around here where people only stand up once in a while, then sit back down, and the artist is like "C'MON PEOPLE STAND UP!!!"

I'm not sure where you're from, but I'm from Allentown, PA, and I will go there...we are not all Amish in Pennsylvania as some people think, but there is definitely something that keeps these people around here from going nuts at shows! Does anyone else from around here agree?

I was embarrassed, too, that no one was keeping up the OOOOH's to get Chris back to life, I was like didn't you people download LRLRL?!?!!!!! I think he was making fun of the crowd a little with a weak, OOOOhhh, then they were like eff it, we will just start Lost now! I'm curious to hear how the crowds in Camden, and then Pittsburgh are.

Also, there was no cheering when Chris took his jacket off, so I too refrained :laugh3:

ahh, i guess that makes sense now. amish people don't go crazy at shows. :dozey:.

i'm from center city, philadelphia, so, i go crazy at shows. :D

screw 'em. they embarrassed me.

i was screaming at the top of my lungs, trying to get everyone to sing "OOH...".

and chris burned himself and everything. he could've used a good crowd. :(

i think camden'll be much better. :D

SlaskWroclaw18[/size][/color]

You first Coldplay concert! OMG! :dance:

I am sure you will have a blast, let me know your reaction when you start hearing Life In Technicolor ;)

Are you in the pit? Or reserved seating, lawn?

IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!! I was in the first row of Section D, 36 rows back and it was GREAT!!! I had so much fun but I am sad it is over. The only downer was that my camera kept dieing on me :( but I manage to get some nice pictures. I got some videos with my cellphone but I was so into with singing and jumping up and down that they are pretty crappy (besides hearing Chris's angelic voice, you could hear my out of tune screech to the lyrics :P) so I won't upload the videos. The next time I will go to a Coldplay concert, I am not even going to bother to take videos, it took so much effort with little result and I want to sing along!!! So for now on only pictures!! I was really into it and some peope in my area were but the majority was not. I could of got some great pictures of the B-stage acoustic set but my camera kept dying!! :\ But still it was phenomenal. Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Yellow, everything was great!!!! When the butterfly confetti was rainign down, it was surreal, I kept reaching in the sky to grab one. Chris in the dragon costume during Lost was cool too. I have so many things to talk about but I need to compose myself first. I was certainly loud though!!! I was sitting down and when I automatically heard Beethoven's music, I stood up, and when the lights went off and LIT started with the fellas running on the stage with the torches....OMG!!!!

Pictures coming!