✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

13-Jun-2009: Qwest Center, Omaha, NE, USA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vi

I JUST got home from Omaha - and it was well worth the near 7 hour drive there (although - that road construction on 80 was FIERCE!! we actually had the car in park for nearly 10 minutes at one point & I got out and walked on the freeway to see what was going on!!)

I thought the crowd was great - and the arena was very full, which I was happy to see - but I was up at the front - actually in range of giving a Chris wedgie while he was lying on the left runway (his bright whites WERE sticking out, hard not to have the thought - it does describe how close one was . . .)

Anyway, Chris DID say that they had played 217 shows before Omaha - so if anyone was a bit on the flat side - it wasn't the crowd in my opinion (although I didn't go to any other shows on this tour to compare, you CAN tell a really lame crowd when you see one) - BUT the show got WAAAY better after they played Fix You mid-way or thereabouts through the show.

Even though I love the yellow balloons - that wasn't "new", and I love "clocks", but it didn't have that amazing feel that it's had in the past (maybe it would if it were your first show???)

No matter what - regardless of anything - they do put on a great show - their lighting is always great - and I LOVED the butterflies. (Note - they ran out of CDs, so get out of the arena quick if you want one.) They might be a bit over-toured, but they really seem to care about their fans (which you could really tell by the way they went to such efforts to work the whole arena with the 2 side runways and singing from the back).

Again - these are just my opinions - and I'm definitely glad I went. And - we loved Omaha :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show last night!

re: the booing after Chris joked it might be another 10 years before they came back:

I thought his "Don't boo!" comment was a spontaneous reaction that any performer would have upon hearing boos. Of course everyone understood that the booing was actually a compliment--i.e., "We don't want you to stay away for so long; we LIKE you, Coldplay!" and in retrospect I'm sure Chris understood that too. But I think his initial gut reaction was surprise and hurt. Just like the audience's gut reaction was, "No, come back sooner." It was a miscommunication which resulted in an awkward moment.

Tracie - where were you driving from? I share your hatred for I-80 Road construction!!! IT was horrible. Ridiculous actually to say the least.

We actually left right after the now infamous "boo" so I guess I didn't stick around to watch it easily resolve. I actually caught the guys doin their runner, but to no suprise they didn't stop. Just did Mach 10 away from the arena.

And I will agree that around Fix You things picked up. The crowd seemed kinda confused about keeping the "whoa ohs" going during Viva. That is really all just knit picky stuff though.

We came down from Minneapolis and really cut it close getting there (construction, grrr!!!) - had to skip stopping for any food before the show and get by on some gas station nachos we got before even crossing into Iowa! Thank goodness for the late night yummy food at the Hilton outside bar across the street :)

As for the "booing" - well, regardless of how we may have individually perceived it, at least it's notable to have been at a show where Chris got booed!! (as for my take, I forgot what the other posts have said so far, but can still see white shadow's post on my screen - and I'd say that summed it up pretty good)

After a 500 mile drive from Colorado, the band did not disappoint. I was tweeting live from the show, but new around here, so not sure how to feed twitter into this site. I apologize. I am just getting some footage up on YouTube, it's not the best, but still captures the feeling.

I would definitely say the crowd was hot and cold. They often missed the moments when the band looks to the audience to feed into the energy of the performance. Overall, I am glad I made the drive, would do it again in a heartbeat.

A shot from Row 15...

3628190708_43ef5dfa54.jpg

When the band played [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRoy9tMTY0]42[/ame] the crowd was still warming up, as the song wraps, Chris starts making funny faces to engage the audience. Nothing beats his energy.

I am still getting footage uploaded and will be writing a post on my blog and linking back here. Hope you guys enjoy.

This was my FIRST EVER Coldplay show, and WOW!!! :o I've been in a post-concert haze (Does that happen after every Coldplay show? LOL.) since Saturday night, so I'm finally coming around to doing a review.

What an AWESOME time we had!!! My sister and I sat on the left side about a section from the walkway in the lower bowl. Great view, but not so good for photos due to the tall people around us. So, I'm remembering through everyone else's pics on here (THANKS!! ;))

The Howling Bells and Snow Patrol definitely got the crowd pumped up for Coldplay, and we enjoyed the whole show. It was the first time we saw a concert consisting entirely of bands who were not from the U.S. Thanks to all for traveling abroad to entertain us!! :D

Before Coldplay came on, we watched the camera/light guys climb the ladders way, way up to the ceiling. What a view they had for the show!

When the opening notes of Coldplay started, the crowd was jazzed and sprung to its feet. Our entire section stood for all but a few of the slower songs and was singing along. It was GREAT!! :D

I still can't believe I was in the same room with Coldplay....AHHHH!!!! When they walked by to go to the set in the back of the arena it was so surreal.

Loved the way Chris would dance/jump around and fall down. He's such a goof! His expressions are the best, too. I was afraid his piano chair would tip over though because he was rocking out so hard.

I was SOOOO sad Guy was on the other side of the stage, as he's one of my favorites. He did walk over to our side at the end of the show while waving goodbye, though.

Coldplay's special effects were amazing, and I grabbed a couple handfulls of the butterfly confetti to take home. That is some serious confetti! LOL. Just think of how much they use for the whole tour. I was happy to see the yellow balloons make it to the back of the Qwest, as sometimes things like that only stay in the floor sections.

We were lucky to have gotten a copy of LRLRL on the way out the door, as I heard there weren't enough for everyone. I was hesitant to go for confetti in case they ran out of the CDs, but we made it just in time.

I bought some tour merchandise but think Guy's doll/puppet on the program cover doesn't look as much like him as the other guys' dolls/puppets do. Anyone else think that too, or is it just me?

So wish I could rewind back to Saturday night and relive the concert a second time! They definitely better not wait 10 years to come back to Omaha!!

OK - this is a technical question - I have photos to attach from the show, but under posting rules at the very bottom of the page, it says "you may not post attachments" - any thoughts on what to do???

OK - this is a technical question - I have photos to attach from the show, but under posting rules at the very bottom of the page, it says "you may not post attachments" - any thoughts on what to do???

If you want them to show up in your post, type the following (without the spaces):

[ IMG ]Your picture URL[ /IMG ]

Otherwise you can link us to your photobucket/flickr etc by just typing out the URL for that page :D

If you want them to show up in your post, type the following (without the spaces):

[ IMG ]Your picture URL[ /IMG ]

Otherwise you can link us to your photobucket/flickr etc by just typing out the URL for that page :D

Thanks for your reply but a dream!!

Unfortunately, I haven't uploaded my photos anywhere - I was kind of hoping to just attach them directly and thought there was a way to change my not being allowed to post attachments :(

I may try uploading them somewhere and see how that works (cause I've got some AMAZING close-ups and it seems wrong not to share them here!)

Hi All, Long time reader first time poster. Wanted to chime in on the Omaha show as I was in attendance. This was my 3rd time seeing them on this tour (also saw them the night before in Des Moines and earlier in the tour in Kansas City). My girlfriend and I loved the Omaha show and actually thought it was the best of the three we've seen. I was somewhat disappointed at the turnout in both Omaha and DM but am writing it off to the late spring/early summer time period. Still, though, great shows in both venues and for those in both Omaha and DM that missed it, you missed an awesome show.