✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

13-Jun-2009: Qwest Center, Omaha, NE, USA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vi

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus christ they have to do something with this set list, it is beyond a joke now.

Mix it up a bit please! And why when the set lists are published do we always have to have the inclusion of vlv remix and the escapist outro, are they songs that the band are actually playing?! No. We want more songs and some of the dead weight dropped. Also as much as I love them both, I don't think we need LIT and LIT ii in the set do we? The last time I checked our great band weren't that hard up for material.

Come on boys pull you're finger out, I don't want it to get around to the European leg of the Tour and you are still persisting with bloody I'm a Believer! I'm going to Wembley and Manchester, the sets will obviously be the same for both days I know but I want something more than what i'm seeing at the moment.

Jesus christ they have to do something with this set list, it is beyond a joke now.

Mix it up a bit please! And why when the set lists are published do we always have to have the inclusion of vlv remix and the escapist outro, are they songs that the band are actually playing?! No. We want more songs and some of the dead weight dropped. Also as much as I love them both, I don't think we need LIT and LIT ii in the set do we? The last time I checked our great band weren't that hard up for material.

Come on boys pull you're finger out, I don't want it to get around to the European leg of the Tour and you are still persisting with bloody I'm a Believer! I'm going to Wembley and Manchester, the sets will obviously be the same for both days I know but I want something more than what i'm seeing at the moment.

I agree. "I'm A Believer" is not even their song, lol.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get a chance to do this earlier. I agree it is pretty dead in here...ha. I just got home, we drove half way back from OMaha tO Wisconsin last night and finished the journey today. We went to Des Moines and Omaha so it was a long trip.

The show: I hung around outside early to try to get a glimpse of them, but some fat ass security guard who makes $10/hr had to feel on a power trip and tell me I couldn't hang there. I asked him to show me the sign that said that, which he couldn't but told me that is why he was there. I mumbled something not so nice and went on this pedestrian bridge to watch, but I think they were already in there as I could hear bass drum kicks comming from the arena.

I was right up by C-stage. The people around me were actually fairly into it, which is good because I warned them I am a pretty hardcore fan. My fiancee and I made a sign that said "Will has the voice of an ANGEL". Chris saw it, smiled for quite a while, and poked Will 3 times to make sure he saw it, and he got a kick out of it as well. Little disappointed he didn't say anything about it to the crowd though.

Viva La Vida was rough, the crowd was kind of blah. Des Moines was actually a better crowd, which I never would have expected. I think Chris was even mad at the end when he you might not see us here for quite a while, the crowd started booing and Chris said in a harsh and irritated voice "Don't boo"

It was then I snuck out with my sign, took a gamble of which way they came out. Went back to this secluded area and I caught them just in time, but they were definitely in a hurry to get out. Two black SUVs and a big black van doing Mach 10 away from the arena.

All in all I had a good time. Chris awknowledged our sign, which was the most I was hoping for. not sure if this will be a stop next time though....ha

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get a chance to do this earlier. I agree it is pretty dead in here...ha. I just got home, we drove half way back from OMaha tO Wisconsin last night and finished the journey today. We went to Des Moines and Omaha so it was a long trip.

The show: I hung around outside early to try to get a glimpse of them, but some fat ass security guard who makes $10/hr had to feel on a power trip and tell me I couldn't hang there. I asked him to show me the sign that said that, which he couldn't but told me that is why he was there. I mumbled something not so nice and went on this pedestrian bridge to watch, but I think they were already in there as I could hear bass drum kicks comming from the arena.

I was right up by C-stage. The people around me were actually fairly into it, which is good because I warned them I am a pretty hardcore fan. My fiancee and I made a sign that said "Will has the voice of an ANGEL". Chris saw it, smiled for quite a while, and poked Will 3 times to make sure he saw it, and he got a kick out of it as well. Little disappointed he didn't say anything about it to the crowd though.

Viva La Vida was rough, the crowd was kind of blah. Des Moines was actually a better crowd, which I never would have expected. I think Chris was even mad at the end when he you might not see us here for quite a while, the crowd started booing and Chris said in a harsh and irritated voice "Don't boo"

It was then I snuck out with my sign, took a gamble of which way they came out. Went back to this secluded area and I caught them just in time, but they were definitely in a hurry to get out. Two black SUVs and a big black van doing Mach 10 away from the arena.

All in all I had a good time. Chris awknowledged our sign, which was the most I was hoping for. not sure if this will be a stop next time though....ha

ahhhh thanks for your review!! :dance: that sign is SO AWESOME :thumbsup: so happy u made that! :dance: and Will and Chris both saw it!:stunned: :D:D:D:D:D:D

:angry: the crowd actually booed?!?!?!?:angry::angry: i cant believe that!!! poor boys :( that sucks the crowd wasnt the best .................:angry:

but im happy u had a blast and too bad u didnt catch them b4 they left! :bomb: good thinking tho!:D you were on the right track!

WTF?! :angry:

Assholes.....pfft!

Thanx for being a good fan, bearcat! :kiss:

Chillax everybody. :) I was there, and the booing was NOT for the band, as the OP of the booing incident said. Chris mentioned that they were nearly done with the show, and said something like "then you won't have to see us for another 10 years." THAT'S when the audience "booed".

And Chris didn't seem irritated about it to me. Maybe a bit surprised that they responded to the comment with booing instead of maybe like "awww" or something. He said "Don't boo!" and laughed a little.

The crowd was a bit dead at times, though. Even though some articles have said that there were a lot of teens and twenty-somethings, there were a lot of older people there too, and parents with their children. A lot of them seemed like they weren't really excited to be there in the first place.

Yeah...maybe my post wasn't clear but I thought I said they booed after he said they might not be back for really long time. This was my 9th show, and I had just seen them in Des Moines the night before. It just seemed like they were a lot more lively the night before. Chris tried hard but the crowd really didn't feed into it at times.

I kinda thought he seemed irritated, it wasn't worse than when Guy walked off in Chicago. Talk about awkward. :-/

Yeah...maybe my post wasn't clear but I thought I said they booed after he said they might not be back for really long time. This was my 9th show, and I had just seen them in Des Moines the night before. It just seemed like they were a lot more lively the night before. Chris tried hard but the crowd really didn't feed into it at times.

I kinda thought he seemed irritated, it wasn't worse than when Guy walked off in Chicago. Talk about awkward. :-/

Wha?! :stunned: He WALKED off?! What happened?!!? :confused:

Hey folks. I'm new, but I was at the Omaha show, and I wanted to jump in and defend Omaha a little bit here. Admittedly, I have not been to any other Coldplay shows, and am really just a casual fan, so I don't have other crowds to compare it to. Maybe the Des Moines crowd was better. I don't know, but I felt like this crowd was really into it, and definitely not as bad as they're being represented here. The sound in those videos, where the crowd sounds silent, is NOT accurate, at least from my perspective towards the back. The crowd was definitely chanting along, and I really felt like we were vocal and into it the whole night. In fact, after listening to the Left Right Left Right Left CD (awesome that they did that, btw), I feel like our chanting to the "whoa whoa whoas" was a lot less sloppy and more energetic than the crowd on the CD.

Regardless, I had a BLAST, and my appreciation of the band has increased ten-fold, so I'll be saddened if a negative perception of the crowd reduces the odds of them coming back in the future. Everyone I talked to loved it, so I hope the band didn't think we sucked as much as people here do.

I never said it sucked. It was not the best of the 9 I have been to. They can't all be the best. Guy walked off during Green Eyes in Chicago, when they were playing it on the main stage. It was an impromptu thing with Will and I guess he didn't feel welcome to play so he walked off. This is pretty old news it was almost a year ago.

You have to understand that since I have been to so many shows I have to compare them to the others. Although every Coldplay show I have ever been to has been GREAT there has to ones that rank a little lower, and for me that was this. Doesn't mean I didn't have a great time. I think it has been implied that I feel the band was booed by the crowd, they booed the a comment about not comming back for ten years, not the band.

Also my "perception" of the crowd may be different due to the fact I was sitting a lot farther back than im used to. Perhaps I should have worded my review a little better, sounds like people think I felt the show sucked. I did not think that. I just don't think there were as many die-hards to carry the rest along as other shows I have been to.

Hey folks. I'm new, but I was at the Omaha show, and I wanted to jump in and defend Omaha a little bit here. Admittedly, I have not been to any other Coldplay shows, and am really just a casual fan, so I don't have other crowds to compare it to. Maybe the Des Moines crowd was better. I don't know, but I felt like this crowd was really into it, and definitely not as bad as they're being represented here. The sound in those videos, where the crowd sounds silent, is NOT accurate, at least from my perspective towards the back. The crowd was definitely chanting along, and I really felt like we were vocal and into it the whole night. In fact, after listening to the Left Right Left Right Left CD (awesome that they did that, btw), I feel like our chanting to the "whoa whoa whoas" was a lot less sloppy and more energetic than the crowd on the CD.

Regardless, I had a BLAST, and my appreciation of the band has increased ten-fold, so I'll be saddened if a negative perception of the crowd reduces the odds of them coming back in the future. Everyone I talked to loved it, so I hope the band didn't think we sucked as much as people here do.

Thank you for your perspective!

And I'm pretty sure when I last saw them in 2005 and Chris was all like "we hope you enjoyed us, we'll be taking a long break" that my enthusiastic crowd also booed for not wanting to have to wait so long to see them again. :)

I've been to quite a few concerts all over the country and would say that last night's crowd was above average in regards to their enthusiasm. 12K in attendence might seem somewhat unimpressive but considering it was the opening day of the College World Series (pretty much the biggest annual event in Omaha every year) the final numbers are fairly admirable for city with under 1 million people.

The crowd was not booing Chris Martin. He had made a few comments earlier about why it had taken them so long to come to Nebraska (even though they were here 3 years ago). Towards the end of the show he joked with the crowd about it possibly taking another ten years to come back. The crowd responded with laughter and boos (jokingly) suggesting they wanted to see them back much sooner than that.

Overall, I would say it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. They certainly do know how to put on a show.

I would like to clarify a few things.

1. I never said the crowd sucked. I said Viva La Vida was rough, the crowd was blah (in reference to that song). I said the Des Moines crowd was better. That does not say or should it imply that Omaha sucks (I'm only comparing two crowds).

2. I never anywhere said they booed Chris. I know what they booed. I felt his response seemed tense, that was just my assessment.

You guys don't have to defend your city or your ability to draw a crowd. I have nothing against the show last night I am just comparing to the other Coldplay shows I have been to.

from AC Watt- Regardless, I had a BLAST, and my appreciation of the band has increased ten-fold, so I'll be saddened if a negative perception of the crowd reduces the odds of them coming back in the future. Everyone I talked to loved it, so I hope the band didn't think we sucked as much as people here do."

I`m sure it was more energetic than we perceived off a few videos.....but never mind us, we are just the epitome of Superfandom here, so we expect every fan or venue to be just as stoked as we are!:laugh3:

I`m just glad those who went loved it, and hope our boys enjoyed Omaha as much as anywhere else they have played!

I wasn't attacking your opinion, bearcat, no worries! I'm sure it wasn't the best crowd you've been a part of; I wouldn't dare to disagree with that (it IS Nebraska, after all :)). It just seemed like the consensus in the thread was that it was a BAD crowd, so I wanted to provide a different perspective, because I didn't feel that way at all.