✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SETLIST FOR 2009 USA Tour?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Don't you think that's a bit...long? :P

But I do like the idea of combining Green Eyes with Warning Sign in the acoustic set.

They're rumored to be working on Warning Sign, Swallowed in the Sea, and AROBTTH again. I'd like to hear SITS replace The Hardest Part on piano, quite frankly.

Frankly I think 32 songs is standard. Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, U2, Springsteen. All world class acts, play to that tune.

Coldplay should be playing more songs especially when 4 are less than 2 mminutes, 3 are one minute or less.

I'm wondering if the indoor shows that were added (after the initial July/August outdoor shows were announced) will be similar to the current shows. The arena setting is more fitting for that stage set. I don't see how they can do that set in some of the outdoor amphitheatres to be honest. I also wonder how they'll do the B and C stage sets in the amphitheatres? I'm going to two of the shows - one from the indoors group and one from the outdoors group, separated by a month and a half, so I'm hoping they will both be different. I've also noticed that many of the shows in May and June are in locations not visited last year...

If you look at the US dates, the first bunch (which I believe are mostly indoor venues) is May to the end of June, then they head off to Europe, and come back in July for the original tour in mostly outdoor venues. I'm wondering if this will be where the changes to the stage and show occur...

I'm wondering if the indoor shows that were added (after the initial July/August outdoor shows were announced) will be similar to the current shows. The arena setting is more fitting for that stage set. I don't see how they can do that set in some of the outdoor amphitheatres to be honest. I also wonder how they'll do the B and C stage sets in the amphitheatres? I'm going to two of the shows - one from the indoors group and one from the outdoors group, separated by a month and a half, so I'm hoping they will both be different. I've also noticed that many of the shows in May and June are in locations not visited last year...

If you look at the US dates, the first bunch (which I believe are mostly indoor venues) is May to the end of June, then they head off to Europe, and come back in July for the original tour in mostly outdoor venues. I'm wondering if this will be where the changes to the stage and show occur...

Well since I was at one of the few Outdoor Venues of the Viva La Vida tour in NA. They went off to the side of the stage for the B-Stage(GPASUYF and CSC). For the C-Stage set up, they had a stage down the middle of the GA, and at the barricade.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That should sum up what Im talking about, towards the end should answer your question. They will continue with it. Look at the Dubai set up, it'll be like that.

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Yellow

Shiver

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Speed Of Sound

Fix You

-----B Stage----

Rainy Day

Swallowed In The Sea

Amsterdam (Chris Piano)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano, Will)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

--------

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Clocks

Strawberry Swing

---C Stage----

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals)

Warning Sign/Green Eyes

Now My Feet Wont Touch The Ground

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Square One

Politik

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

Death And All His Friends

-------

Talk

In My Place

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

That is what would satisfy this Malcolm-Edge

This has to be the best dream setlist I've seen:laugh3:. The one I would change (but very unlikely to ever happen) would be Everything's Not Lost for Speed of Sound.

I think its a lot stronger, its the "big Queen epic" to put it in Chris' words, and one of the best songs ever written.

• 4 months later...