✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SETLIST FOR 2009 USA Tour?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadie 42 did mention in a recent blog that some setlists shake-ups were imminent, just for the sake of keeping this massive tour interesting for the boys. No, it's not likely that they will play the less popular b-sides or older songs, but we can keep our fingers crossed! :)

(Though for me, all I really need is Politik and I'm happy. :wacky:)

I know. It's one of those songs that is meant to be played live-- the album version just does not do it justice. It will always be one of my favorites and a must for live shows. When I saw them at MSG last June, they didn't play it, and I really felt like something major was missing from the setlist! But they have been playing it pretty consistently lately, so I am fairly confident it will be played this summer! :)

I know. It's one of those songs that is meant to be played live-- the album version just does not do it justice. It will always be one of my favorites and a must for live shows. When I saw them at MSG last June, they didn't play it, and I really felt like something major was missing from the setlist! But they have been playing it pretty consistently lately, so I am fairly confident it will be played this summer! :)

Politik was added later on because they played it at the Orlando show. Awesome! (and very loud :P)

It seems the acoustic set is the most fluid in terms of setlist changes. Glass of Water seems to be more solidified now (finally) at the expense of Chinese Sleep Chant, which probably isn't the biggest loss. Speed of Sound was moved to the acoustic C-stage (which I want back in standard set), which seems to swap with Green Eyes every night. I doubt the U.S. tour is going to have as many crazy covers, honestly, so we could see something fill their place.

Chinese Sleep Chant was a fun glowstick/cellphone song, but I'm not truly going to miss it. I far prefer Glass of Water and I hope they continue with it. Death Will Never Conquer is the other recent loss, and maybe they'll throw it back in if they ditch the acoustic covers (mostly worth it for Will).

Of course, something out-of-the-blue would be the best course, just to keep things fresh. Maybe something normal from X&Y that isn't a piano or acoustic or techno mix. Y'know, so Fix You isn't totally alone.

The setlist just keeps better and better. Chris knows what people want to hear. Chinese Sleep Chant was the one song I could do without, so was Death Will Never Conquer. The set is near perfect now. The only other realistic change I would like is taking out the techno versions of GPASUYF and talk, playing the normal version of talk and discarding GPASUYF and maybe adding White Shadows?? I would also rather hear Swallowed In the Sea instead of The Hardest Part. Otherwise, the set is PERFECT, just like the band.

it would be great if they mixed it up a bit, of course would love to hear amsterdam, see you soon, warning sign, moses, one i love, shiver, but i know they stick to the plan and takes alot to change the props, lighting, etc. etc

but i will love whatever they play , we are truly lucky to get to see them.

Its almost as if you spoke my words. Ide die of happness if they would play any of those songs, i dont care what anyone says but thats the best stuff they ever put out, Viva la Vida just cant compare to see you soon, moses or amsterdam

..but have thats my opinion

I hate the way they've abandoned X & Y. It's a fine album.

Talk and White Shadows are 2 of the best songs from that album and they're really missing.

I consider them the "Even Better Than the Real Thing" and "Until the End of the World" of their repertoires. Not as popular as "One" or "Mysterious Ways", but more fun live.

I'm sick of "Speed of Sound" and if it weren't for "Fix You"'s ties to Katrina era New Orleans I'd be sick of that too.

I hate the way they've abandoned X & Y. It's a fine album.

Talk and White Shadows are 2 of the best songs from that album and they're really missing.

I consider them the "Even Better Than the Real Thing" and "Until the End of the World" of their repertoires. Not as popular as "One" or "Mysterious Ways", but more fun live.

I'm sick of "Speed of Sound" and if it weren't for "Fix You"'s ties to Katrina era New Orleans I'd be sick of that too.

i know what your saying. To be quite frank viva la vida doesnt match up to their previous albums in my opinion. They have totally abandoned their altime best ablum parashoots for live performances it seems. I saw them a couple years ago in columbus and they played like green eyes , shiver, amsterdam....I think i should just feel grateful almost because by the looks of it were never going to hear those songs live again....Its more of the viva la vida / popular songs tour..i cant complain though all their songs are great...there will always be those songs that youde like hearing live one day....Ide do just about anything to hear see you soon or moses live

Well every time they come out with a new album they first try to play most of the songs then, as time progresses, eliminate the less popular songs live.

I definetly understand that....I just hope by the time the Burgettstown show rolls around time will have progressed enough for them to play more Parachutes and AROBTTH. My dream performance would be something like:

Shiver

Spies

Sparks

Trouble

We never change

GPASUYF

Scientist

Green Eyes

Warning Sign

AROBTTH

Amsterdam

White shadows

Talk

Swallowed in the sea

Moses

See you Soon

Life in technicolor

Lovers in japan

strawberry swing

Encore

Dont Panic

One i love

Politik

What about everyone else, does that sound good? :D

Well great news today.

Apparently they will changing up the setlist a little for the USA tour...They have been practicing Rush of Blood, Swallowed In The Sea, Warning Sign, and a couple more old stuff to be added.

Incredible. I just hope they play Amsterdam

I can see them adding a few songs. Now My Feet Wont Touch The Ground to the Acoustic stage. Rainy Day to the B-Stage.

Prospekts March and Rush of Blood together. Swallowed In The Sea played on the B-Stage as well. Im hoping for Amsterdam to possibly replace or accent Hardest Part.

I hope they bring back songs like Shiver, One I love, Moses. I was listening to Live 2003 today and thought, "This would have been one kick ass tour. I want to hear new Coldplay with this Brit Rock sound"

One thing I really want is, to hear Violet Hill with the piano.

One song that better not be touched is Politik. If they touch Politik I will kill someone, now if they go Square One then Politik for the Encore....my life will be complete.

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Yellow

Shiver

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Speed Of Sound

Fix You

-----B Stage----

Rainy Day

Swallowed In The Sea

Amsterdam (Chris Piano)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano, Will)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

--------

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Clocks

Strawberry Swing

---C Stage----

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals)

Warning Sign/Green Eyes

Now My Feet Wont Touch The Ground

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Square One

Politik

Lovers In Japan

The Scientist

Death And All His Friends

-------

Talk

In My Place

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

That is what would satisfy this Malcolm-Edge

Well great news today.

Apparently they will changing up the setlist a little for the USA tour...They have been practicing Rush of Blood, Swallowed In The Sea, Warning Sign, and a couple more old stuff to be added.

Incredible. I just hope they play Amsterdam

Woah, really? *runs to coldplay.com*

*returns*

Terrific! I have a strong feeling this is the result of the band (possibly through the fact phil spends time on this forum) taking in the wishes and petitions of the fanbase. AROBTTH, SITS and Warning Sign are near or at the top of the list in terms of songs people complain the most about wanting on the setlist. SITS, Warning Sign had their own petitions I think, and AROBTTH is just awesome!

^ Don't you think that's a bit...long? :P

But I do like the idea of combining Green Eyes with Warning Sign in the acoustic set.

They're rumored to be working on Warning Sign, Swallowed in the Sea, and AROBTTH again. I'd like to hear SITS replace The Hardest Part on piano, quite frankly.