✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay & Oxfam: 2009 Concert Volunteer Applications - Some spaces still available, see P5 for deta

Oxfam America have just posted all the new Coldplay dates on their recruitment webpage for the forthcoming Coldplay concerts. (see below)

2009 Concert Volunteer Application

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

It'll be the same as the last leg... 20 volunteers needed at every date in the US. As yet not sure if Pete Lusby from Oxfam GB will be Oxfam's traveling rep yet, but will let you know when we find out.

COLDPLAY 15/05/09: West Palm Beach, FL - USA

COLDPLAY 17/05/09: Atlanta, GA - USA

COLDPLAY 18/05/09: Birmingham, AL - USA

COLDPLAY 20/05/09: Virginia Beach, VA - USA

COLDPLAY 21/05/09: Washington, DC - USA

COLDPLAY 23/05/09: Hartford, CT - USA

COLDPLAY 24/05/09: Hershey, PA - USA

COLDPLAY 26/05/09: Philadelphia, PA - USA

COLDPLAY 27/05/09: Saratoga Springs, NY - USA

COLDPLAY 29/05/09: Scranton, PA - USA

COLDPLAY 30/05/09: Pittsburgh, PA - USA

COLDPLAY 01/06/09: Buffalo, NY - USA

COLDPLAY 02/06/09: Detroit, MI - USA

COLDPLAY 04/06/09: Cincinnati, OH - USA

COLDPLAY 05/06/09: Indianapolis, IN - USA

COLDPLAY 06/06/09: Nashville, TN - USA

COLDPLAY 09/06/09: New Orleans, LA - USA

COLDPLAY 10/06/09: San Antonio, TX - USA

COLDPLAY 12/06/09: Des Moines, IA - USA

COLDPLAY 13/06/09: Omaha, NE - USA

COLDPLAY 10/07/09: Portland, OR - USA

COLDPLAY 11/07/09: George, WA - USA

COLDPLAY 13/07/09: San Francisco, CA - USA

COLDPLAY 14/07/09: Sacramento, CA - USA

COLDPLAY 16/07/09: San Diego, CA - USA

COLDPLAY 18/07/09: Carson, CA - USA

COLDPLAY 19/07/09: Irvine, CA - USA

COLDPLAY 21/07/09: Dallas, TX - USA

COLDPLAY 22/07/09: Houston, TX - USA

COLDPLAY 24/07/09: Maryland Heights, MO - USA

COLDPLAY 25/07/09: East Troy, WI - USA

COLDPLAY 30/07/09: Toronto - Canada

COLDPLAY 03/08/09: Mansfield, MA - USA

COLDPLAY 06/08/09: Raleigh, NC - USA

COLDPLAY 07/08/09: Charlotte, NC - USA

COLDPLAY 09/08/09: Tampa, FL - USA

Coldplay believe that music can change the world–and their fans are joining the cause! To join them in the global movement to end hunger, poverty, and injustice, apply to volunteer at one of their concerts.

If your application is accepted, we'll contact you as early as 3 weeks before the concert and as late as one week before to confirm your availability. Volunteers typically arrive 90 minutes before the show and stay about 30 minutes afterwards.

Since spaces in concert teams are limited, we can't guarantee you a spot. However, new dates are constantly being added, so check back often for new tour dates.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do volunteers do? Do they get to enjoy the show with complimentary tickets and then get back to the volunteering or not?

So you get to the show at least an hour before gates ope, like 5:00ish, and you practice asking people to sign up, meet other volunteers, talk, etc. Then, once gates open you walk around and ask people to sign up for oxfam all the way up until about 9:00, giving you 15 minutes to get settled (or so) before coldplay comes on. You watch the show, then after teh show you guys meet back up at the oxfam booths and get some last minute signups and debrief, then you go home a happy camper!

So you get to the show at least an hour before gates ope, like 5:00ish, and you practice asking people to sign up, meet other volunteers, talk, etc. Then, once gates open you walk around and ask people to sign up for oxfam all the way up until about 9:00, giving you 15 minutes to get settled (or so) before coldplay comes on. You watch the show, then after teh show you guys meet back up at the oxfam booths and get some last minute signups and debrief, then you go home a happy camper!

Thanks icedude!

Now I know what to expect if I get to volunteer.

Hmmm... I signed me and my amiga up for Dallas & Houston... is there a specific age you have to be.... cuz i don't want the fact that I'm not 18+ stop me from that, it sounds really cool that Coldplay would do that!

Hmmm... I signed me and my amiga up for Dallas & Houston... is there a specific age you have to be.... cuz i don't want the fact that I'm not 18+ stop me from that, it sounds really cool that Coldplay would do that!

I did it when I was 16, so I think as long as your 16+ you are ok.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAyp_Qn7apQ]YouTube - Coldplay and Oxfam hit the road.[/ame]

This is a video I have made to get more people to volunteer. Volunteering last November at a Coldplay concert has changed my life forever.

YouTube - Coldplay and Oxfam hit the road.[/url]

This is a video I have made to get more people to volunteer. Volunteering last November at a Coldplay concert has changed my life forever.

Does anyone know where i could find that shirt that that guy is wearing in the video? the one that says "www.oxfam.org/coldplay" on the back?

thanks.

YouTube - Coldplay and Oxfam hit the road.[/url]

Does anyone know where i could find that shirt that that guy is wearing in the video? the one that says "www.oxfam.org/coldplay" on the back?

thanks.

thanks.

That's the shirt Oxfam gives you to wear when volunteering for them. So signing up is your best bet:D