✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay & Oxfam: 2009 Concert Volunteer Applications - Some spaces still available, see P5 for deta

That's the shirt Oxfam gives you to wear when volunteering for them. So signing up is your best bet:D

I really want to volunteer, but the only problem is i'm going to their show in California and i live in Colorado.

Would they still let me volunteer?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it when I was 16, so I think as long as your 16+ you are ok.

I thin you have to be at least 18 to do it w/o a parent?? not sure though since it didn't apply to me.

hmmm... well I'm 16, so I'm hoping i can do it!!!!

^^Maybe, I volunteered in Chicago and I live in Indianapolis

How far is Chicago from Indianapolis?

I ask because I had to write in the application that I live 4 hours away (by car) from West Palm Beach. I'm afraid they'll reject if I live too far away, :(

even though I would not mind driving for hours or flying (I am planning to go to New Orleans in the summer, and it would be cool if I did around June 6, when Coldplay will be playing)

• 2 weeks later...

they send out an email a month before the concert you applied for, so this week they should be sending emails to people who applied for the first few concerts of this next leg of the tour. When I talked to the lady about oxfam today, she said she'd send one out tomorrow for birmingham...so I take it that she's sending emails for west palm, atlanta, va beach and dc sometime this week.

I got an e-mail about Atlanta this morning but I very much doubt I'll be able to do it anymore since my rehearsal schedule got changed and now I have rehearsal that day. That day was originally in the middle of three days off for me and since I'm 6 hours from Atlanta I needed that, alas. I signed up for Tampa too and since I'm already going to that one I'm hoping to be picked again.

So you get to the show at least an hour before gates ope, like 5:00ish, and you practice asking people to sign up, meet other volunteers, talk, etc. Then, once gates open you walk around and ask people to sign up for oxfam all the way up until about 9:00, giving you 15 minutes to get settled (or so) before coldplay comes on. You watch the show, then after teh show you guys meet back up at the oxfam booths and get some last minute signups and debrief, then you go home a happy camper!

So should we have tickets to the show or not? Or can we hang out in the back?

At the VA Beach Amphitheatre there's a "lawn section" When Im done volunteering can I enjoy the show from the back?

*Edit* I'm volunteering. :D That's why I'm asking all these questions.

So should we have tickets to the show or not? Or can we hang out in the back?

At the VA Beach Amphitheatre there's a "lawn section" When Im done volunteering can I enjoy the show from the back?

*Edit* I'm volunteering. :D That's why I'm asking all these questions.

You will have a free ticket to the show - you just don't know where it might be...so if you're trying to be up close then your best bet is to buy a ticket anyway:)