✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hah. no i don't mind if you have one or not.

Another Parklife lover :heart: yay.

'Twas a joke :nice:

Ahh yes, Parklife is lovely. Girls&Boys and Tracy Jacks are so fun, but This Is A Low is probably my favourite song.

:lol: naaah, it's fine. i'm planning on just getting the best of, seeing what i like on that, and then going from there.
Good plan! You'll probably know a few songs off it already (and probably think how it is possible you never realised it was Blur who made them).

Or at least that's what happened to me. I was surprised while I listened to Tender and Song 2 from The Best Of. :laugh4:

my twitter is emilythea.

i think i should use tumblr more first before i get serious. i haven't posted anything yet!

blurinblondie.jpg

:o

holy....

hiya! :nice:

i was wondering, dear thread.. what blur album should i start out with?

try Midlife. it's good. :nice:

it's hard to get Blur albums over here. i've only seen The Best of Blur, Midlife and All the People (the live recording of their performance @ Hyde Park). :disappointed:

but their Britpop days' album sounds good, judging by their singles.

Specially high yes! :D

Well Parklife is the best one. Just sayin' :p

Perrine have you found time to watch No Distance Left to Run yet?

Will listen to it asap!

Yes! I watched the half of it, but it's kinda annoying cause their accents are quite hard to understand, especially Graham's, so I tried to find subtitles (even english ones) but no success so I stopped here... which is too bad cause it's such an awesome documentary :sad:

Good plan! You'll probably know a few songs off it already (and probably think how it is possible you never realised it was Blur who made them).

Or at least that's what happened to me. I was surprised while I listened to Tender and Song 2 from The Best Of. :laugh4:

Haha that happened to me too!

I just knew that Song2 was one of their songs, but other than that I was so surprised! :D

Yes! I watched the half of it, but it's kinda annoying cause their accents are quite hard to understand, especially Graham's, so I tried to find subtitles (even english ones) but no success so I stopped here... which is too bad cause it's such an awesome documentary :sad:
Maybe you'll understand it better if you watch it more than just once... :sneaky:

Hope you'll find subtitles somewhere!

I just knew that Song2 was one of their songs, but other than that I was so surprised! :D

Yup :lol: I was especially surprised by Tender, Beetlebum and The Universal.

Specially high yes! :D

Will listen to it asap!

Crap! I didn't even think about that. That sucks, but either way I still encourage you to try to watch the whole thing if you can :nice: do you understand any parts of what they are saying? Yes, Graham's voice is cute, but I could see how it could be hard to understand if English wasn't your native language.

Alex on an Opera show. He is such an idiot I love him :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKrVFEOb70&feature=player_embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKrVFEOb70&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Maybe you'll understand it better if you watch it more than just once... :sneaky:

Hope you'll find subtitles somewhere!

Yeah probably :D

Or maybe I'll buy the dvd if I can find it!

Crap! I didn't even think about that. That sucks, but either way I still encourage you to try to watch the whole thing if you can :nice: do you understand any parts of what they are saying? Yes, Graham's voice is cute, but I could see how it could be hard to understand if English wasn't your native language.

Alex on an Opera show. He is such an idiot I love him :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPKrVFEOb70&feature=player_embedded

Haha yes sometimes you tend to forget that^^

I'll watch it all when i'll be on holiday! Yeah of course I understand some parts, but it's annoying to miss bits :sad:

His voice isn't very loud either, so that makes it even harder to understand, so I do understand Damon better :nice:

Ooh god this video is hilarious! How did he end up doing this? xD

I think his voice isn't that bad, plus he's brave enough to sing in front of so many people :D

i don't know why, but i like it when Damon looks high. :lol:

me too :wideeyed: or drunk. i love drunk/ high damon combo best :P

Hahah, look at his tongue! :laugh4:

Re Popstar to Operastar... I can't stop laughing. Poor Alex. :lol:

I know!:laugh3: Alex is just too funny! My book should be arriving any day I'm so exited to read it!

Yeah probably :D

Or maybe I'll buy the dvd if I can find it!

Haha yes sometimes you tend to forget that^^

I'll watch it all when i'll be on holiday! Yeah of course I understand some parts, but it's annoying to miss bits :sad:

His voice isn't very loud either, so that makes it even harder to understand, so I do understand Damon better :nice:

Ooh god this video is hilarious! How did he end up doing this? xD

I think his voice isn't that bad, plus he's brave enough to sing in front of so many people :D

Yah, I'm sorry :shame:

Who knows. But you should know that Alex absolutely LOVES attention and so that's probably why he did this show. I read this one story where he was at some celebrity party/ shindig and the paparazzi were there taking pics of other celebs and he was getting a bit jealous so he pulled them aside and said something like, "So where do you want me to stand? Should I stand like this? Or that?" :laugh3: he is SUCH an attention whore, i love it!

Yah, I'm sorry :shame:

Who knows. But you should know that Alex absolutely LOVES attention and so that's probably why he did this show. I read this one story where he was at some celebrity party/ shindig and the paparazzi were there taking pics of other celebs and he was getting a bit jealous so he pulled them aside and said something like, "So where do you want me to stand? Should I stand like this? Or that?" :laugh3: he is SUCH an attention whore, i love it!

Liz, you sent me the link to it, don't be sorry:whip:

Haha I didn't know he was an attention whore! Yeah not really like our dear Guy xD

chick with a perfect bum. Graham trying to get his art on, and Alex in the back just pervin' out :lol:

tumblr_l3m6w5OrIt1qap859o1_500.jpg

And Alex and some of his adventures...

[ame=

]
[/ame]

omg gettting arrested naked with Joe Strummer on his lap?! :laugh3: :laugh3::laugh3: hahaha im dying! i LOVE Alex

chick with a perfect bum. Graham trying to get his art on, and Alex in the back just pervin' out :lol:

tumblr_l3m6w5OrIt1qap859o1_500.jpg

omg gettting arrested naked with Joe Strummer on his lap?! :laugh3: :laugh3::laugh3: hahaha im dying! i LOVE Alex

Hahaha this man is totally insane xD

Just imagine that, if he had to say every stupid/crazy thing he did in his life, I think it would take days :tongue:

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: He's SUCH a bad influence on people!

I love The James so much! hahahah!

I watched this last night Blur on Rock Profile...it's kind of stupid, but they get Alex really good :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_uEOIlORQ

i can't wait for his book to come :bomb: it should be any day now! :wacky:

Loved that hand motion for "woohoo!" :D

Tell us how you like it!! :dance:

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: He's SUCH a bad influence on people!

Loved that hand motion for "woohoo!" :D

Tell us how you like it!! :dance:

oh dont worry i will be talking about the book a lot for sure :lol: if anyone is planning on reading the book themselves and dont want anything spoiled just tell me and ill put it in spoilers :D

oh wow someone made this on tumblr :lol: ohhh god. Alex's fans are just as crazy as he is! so bad so bad...

tumblr_l3o3ntbqso1qaugmwo1_500.jpg

i cant stop laughing! :P

What about Leisure?

i havent listened to it before/yet :lol:

oh dont worry i will be talking about the book a lot for sure :lol: if anyone is planning on reading the book themselves and dont want anything spoiled just tell me and ill put it in spoilers :D

meee! i am planning on buying it anyday now. :D

Oh I see :lol: It's not bad but I think other albums are better... there's something about the lyrics (they're not cringeworthy!!!) that I don't particularly like. :blank:

I'm planning on reading it too, I just need to buy it :D

Leisure is not their best album but there is some fantastics songs like Sing.

Here is my ranking :

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Parklife

13 / Think Tank

Blur

The Great Escape

Leisure

And my avorite song is probably Popscene !

i havent listened to it before/yet :lol:

meee! i am planning on buying it anyday now. :D

But surely you've heard 'She is so high' and 'There's no other way' right? The album is still good, not their best of course, but they were just starting out :nice:

& I think it's cool how Guy loves Sing and he put it on in the Coldplay dressing room and he said it inspired the song Lost! Even tho he said Lost! sounds nothing like Sing, some how it still inspired them to write it. :D