✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a scanner, please scan them! :nice:

My favourites from Leisure are There's No Other Way and Wear Me Down, but Sing and She's So High are close behind. They sound so sure of themselves through all of the songs, it's incredible.

(Well, not through all of them, but the majority, I find.)

That's just so hard!

Maybe in no particular order: Coffee and TV, There's no other way and Beetlebum

And I don't know why but Sing makes me cry

& I think it's cool how Guy loves Sing and he put it on in the Coldplay dressing room and he said it inspired the song Lost! Even tho he said Lost! sounds nothing like Sing, some how it still inspired them to write it. :D

Oh I didn't know that! Guy has great musical tastes :awesome:

That's awesome for the book! Wanna see the pics :cheesy:

MY ALEX JAMES BOOK CAME TODAY!!! :dead:

It's so good already, he is such a good writer. Alex is actually really smart. and holy shit... im browsing at these pictures in the middle of the book :dizzy2: they are beautiful!

Nice! I ordered his book yesterday. I can't wait to see all these wonderful pictures you speak of! :wacky:

That's just so hard!

Maybe in no particular order: Coffee and TV, There's no other way and Beetlebum

And I don't know why but Sing makes me cry

Oh I didn't know that! Guy has great musical tastes :awesome:

That's awesome for the book! Wanna see the pics :cheesy:

Yeah, he does. Guy has mentioned Blur a few times in interviews, he says he really likes them :nice:

& I didn't even know this until the other day. But I guess around the time CP were just starting, trying to get a label and all. Alex James and Joe Strummer were starting their own record label together and they went to hear CP play. I guess they thought the singer was good, but the rest of the band just ok. So they passed on Coldplay. I just found that lil connection interesting :D

Nice! I ordered his book yesterday. I can't wait to see all these wonderful pictures you speak of! :wacky:

Oh good!! The book is already addicting, Alex is already making me giggle on like every page :lol: I'll post some of those pictures now in fact.

Yeah, he does. Guy has mentioned Blur a few times in interviews, he says he really likes them :nice:

& I didn't even know this until the other day. But I guess around the time CP were just starting, trying to get a label and all. Alex James and Joe Strummer were starting their own record label together and they went to hear CP play. I guess they thought the singer was good, but the rest of the band just ok. So they passed on Coldplay. I just found that lil connection interesting :D

That's a fun story!

Oh Alex, you missed something there :D

he has like the best smile ever! :D

anyway, here are the first group of pics from his book:

bby alex :baby:

DSC_1235.jpg

DSC_1238.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

DSC_1240.jpg

DSC_1243.jpg

DSC_1245.jpg

age 15:

DSC_1246.jpg

alex around my age :wink3: yuummm... id be all over that boy if he went to my school!!

DSC_1248.jpg

DSC_1249.jpg

DSC_1250.jpg

early Blur press shot:

DSC_1251.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

in japan:

DSC_1254.jpg

edit: whoaaa sorry they are so big. the pics are really small, photobucket just made them huge for some reason :shrug:

th_002gzw96.gif?t=1276303479

DSC_1235.jpg

Such a lovely baby he was! :cheesy:

DSC_1243.jpg

A sea scout? :surprised: I was a scout, too! Love his neckerchief and patches :D

DSC_1249.jpg

Aww :nice:

early Blur press shot:

DSC_1251.jpg

JONNY GREENWOOD.

DSC_1257.jpg

Look at the eyes, the eyes, the eyes! :wideeyed:

in japan:

DSC_1254.jpg

So cute and lovely! :nice:

Really nice pictures. He was so cute when he was young ! :wacky:

I just came back from the last Supergrass concert in Paris and they played few songs from each of their album with a vidéo to introduce each. And the vidéo for their first album (I Sould Coco, 1995) was magazins covers !! So a lot of blur and Damon. Cool night :cool:

Really nice pictures. He was so cute when he was young ! :wacky:

I just came back from the last Supergrass concert in Paris and they played few songs from each of their album with a vidéo to introduce each. And the vidéo for their first album (I Sould Coco, 1995) was magazins covers !! So a lot of blur and Damon. Cool night :cool:

You saw Supergrass...?! *jealous* i swear you are soooo lucky!

That sounds cool what they did with the magazine covers :cool:

& hey have you read Alex's book? I can't remember if you already said so or not?

OK i just have to say, Alex's book is BAD... he is just BAD!!! :whip: Such a little bad boy he was... i can't even explain without all the raunchy details... NAUGHTY ALEXA:whip: I'm so glad he got it all out of his system and he is a nice daddy farmer now :nice:

oh so now Alexa is curious about Blur huh? :p Sometimes i call Alex that because he is such a pretty boy, Alexa!

just him and all the cocaine, champagne, hand jobs, one night stands on every other page he talks about... typical rock star behavior, but he makes it funny! :lol: i luv him tho :wacky:

^Hahaha how could you still be innocent when you share your bed with Liz? xD

Thanks for the pics Liz! He was so cute and innocent back then haha

Oh god Liz what book are you reading? You perv :sneaky:

She isn't as innocent as she wants you to think.

:whip:

:laugh3:hahah what book am i reading? I'm reading the book Alex wrote on his life and Blur

ALex%20James.jpg

all his crazy stories make a fantastic read really!

ALex%20James.jpg

all his crazy stories make a fantastic read really!

Crazy story and crazy face

This face should have been the book's cover.

You saw Supergrass...?!& hey have you read Alex's book? I can't remember if you already said so or not?

No I havn't. I would like to but I think that I have to improve my english first. I already read a biography about Damon and the "3862 Days: The Official History" book but It wasn't that simple to understand.