1 Radiohead-Ok Computer

2 Radiohead- Kid A

3 jeff buckley- grace

4 Oasis - Definitely Maybe

5 Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds

6 Sigur Ros - Takk...

7 Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

8 Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head

5 and 7 probably make me look crazy, but I do enjoy the ones I picked more than the more critically acclaimed albums they were up against.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Radiohead-Ok Computer vs. Coldplay- Parachutes

2 The Beatles- Revolver vs. Radiohead- Kid A

3 radiohead - in rainbows vs. jeff buckley- grace (ahhhh!!)

4 Muse- Origin of Symmetry vs. Oasis - Definitely Maybe

5 Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds vs. fleet foxes- fleet foxes

6 Keane - Hopes and Fears vs. Sigur Ros - Takk...

7 The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club vs. Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

8 Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head vs. U2 - Joshua Tree

Muse vs. Oasis is gonna be a doozie. they're tied right now!

WUT.

How anyone can pick Oasis over Muse is beyond me.

So guys, please: Vote Muse. :thumbsup:

This was a public service annoucement from the office of the Knightess of All Things Absolution. Thank you.

Well, I can't vote for music that I've never listened to, and even if I went to look for the music, it takes me a while to fully form an opinion of a certain artist. I voted for what I knew and liked. As for my comment about Muse...well, I'm completely and utterly biased on that one, so you know. :p

1 Radiohead-Ok Computer vs. Coldplay- Parachutes

3 radiohead - in rainbows vs. jeff buckley- grace

7 The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club vs. Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

lime[/color].

1, Radiohead-OK Computer vs. Coldplay-Parachutes

3 radiohead - in rainbows vs. jeff buckley- grace

VOTE MUSE PLX.

I've changed a few of my votes, and now I'm going to tell you why.

After thinking about what I said in response to Tnspieler1012 about my votes, I realized how dumb my reasoning was. Me not knowing what someone sounds like isn't an excuse, and really, it's not fair. So I decided to investigate a little bit to maybe find some verification in all I wanted to vote for.

First, I check out Fleet Foxes, since the only reason why I didn't vote for them in the first place is because I hadn't really heard of them until I got here and Briggins talked about them. I check out a few songs and realize how stupid I was to vote for JT. I like the whole a capella kinda feel they have, and it's much more my type of music than JT, so I changed.

Then, seeing as everyone else has voted for Radiohead, and I've never really heard of them, either, (well, not heard of them, but not listened to them), I decided to become a bit more open-minded about that.

Those of you who say Radiohead and Muse sound the same make a good observation. Sure, they're different; Thom's voice (that IS his name, right?) is more mellow, while Matt's is more abrasive and powerful. While I maintain that Muse is still my favorite band, and while I prefer Matt's falsetto to Thom's, I think I have to give Radiohead some credit. With that being said, I'm having to think more about that. I may change this even more if I see fit.

Oh, and Briggins...is there a Fleet Foxes download thread anywhere?

After thinking about what I said in response to Tnspieler1012 about my votes, I realized how dumb my reasoning was. Me not knowing what someone sounds like isn't an excuse, and really, it's not fair. So I decided to investigate a little bit to maybe find some verification in all I wanted to vote for.

Then, seeing as everyone else has voted for Radiohead, and I've never really heard of them, either, (well, not heard of them, but not listened to them), I decided to become a bit more open-minded about that.

Those of you who say Radiohead and Muse sound the same make a good observation. Sure, they're different; Thom's voice (that IS his name, right?) is more mellow, while Matt's is more abrasive and powerful. While I maintain that Muse is still my favorite band, and while I prefer Matt's falsetto to Thom's, I think I have to give Radiohead some credit. With that being said, I'm having to think more about that. I may change this even more if I see fit.

yay!

What Radiohead songs have you listened to btw?

Awesome! Glad to see you're enjoying Fleet Foxes. I still listen to that album regularly. Thats how you know something is good, when you can keep coming back to it and enjoying it like you've heard it for the first time.

And also good to see that you're giving Radiohead a chance and enjoying it. With Radiohead its always best to listen to the whole album rather than just individual songs. Its more enjoyable that way :P

First, I check out Fleet Foxes, since the only reason why I didn't vote for them in the first place is because I hadn't really heard of them until I got here and Briggins talked about them. I check out a few songs and realize how stupid I was to vote for JT. I like the whole a capella kinda feel they have, and it's much more my type of music than JT, so I changed.

Oh, and Briggins...is there a Fleet Foxes download thread anywhere?

whoever compares muse to radiohead is deaf; totally different, muse is a powerful and agressive band, radiohead may havev some songs a bit like that but they are completely different, except the fact that Bellamy and Yorke use Falsetto and Vibrato

And I think I'm the only creep that doesn't like fleet foxes

Awesome! Glad to see you're enjoying Fleet Foxes. I still listen to that album regularly. Thats how you know something is good, when you can keep coming back to it and enjoying it like you've heard it for the first time.

same.

With Radiohead its always best to listen to the whole album rather than just individual songs. Its more enjoyable that way :P

My brother and I agree whole-heartedly. They honestly don't have the best and most outstanding singles in the world. And in the case of the amazing Kid-A there were none!

^ Well, show me the way to a Radiohead download thread, and I'll be on my way. :smug2:

Have you tried lala.com? its free and you can listen to pretty much anything.

I also agree with ricardo that Radiohead and Muse are completely different bands, primarily because RH are so stylistically different and diverse. Listen to In Rainbows and you'll see the clear difference.

1 Coldplay- Parachutes

2 Radiohead- Kid A

3 radiohead - in rainbows

4 Oasis - Definitely Maybe

5 fleet foxes- fleet foxes

6 Keane - Hopes and Fears

7 Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

8 Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head