✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

You'll love it! :blush:

Perrine!! Long time no see! :hug:

:wacky: at Splendour, right?

Yep :awesome:

I've been looking forward to this festival all year, seriously CAN NOT WAIT. Elbow are playing right before Kaiser Chiefs and a couple of bands before Coldplay, so it will be a good night :awesome:

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This! Elbow's music is so special that it doesn't take much to forge a really emotional connection to their music. It's just so honest and frank that it immediately grabs you.

That statement = spot on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haha, I was stunned when I learned my supervisor (who I stopped working for 2 weeks ago) was an Elbow fan. We're a rare breed here, though steadily growing, as indicated by the fact that I get to see them in a 5,000-person venue in a few weeks. They played a 2,000 venue here 3 years ago. (then again, I don't think they'll sell out this upcoming show)

• 2 weeks later...
^ How was it?

I'm seeing Elbow TONIGHT. I've only been waiting several years for this moment. :awesome:

Have tons of fun, Michael! Bring us back a good portion of stories (and some really nice pics of Guy for me :wink:). :nice:

Great show. High-fived Guy Garvey, who I'm convinced has the best stage banter on the planet.

(Violet, how potent are the sexiness germs on my hand now that both Wolstenholme and Guy Garvey have touched it? :P)

Got a drumstick but ended up giving it to the hardcore guy next to me who drove 6 hours that day to be there and was going to then drive 6 hours back home overnight because he had work the next morning, though he also got a setlist after that too which I wanted. Oh well, if you're that hardcore, you deserve the prizes.

I'll go through my pics tomorrow and post them for you guys. :)

Great show. High-fived Guy Garvey, who I'm convinced has the best stage banter on the planet.

(Violet, how potent are the sexiness germs on my hand now that both Wolstenholme and Guy Garvey have touched it? :P)

Got a drumstick but ended up giving it to the hardcore guy next to me who drove 6 hours that day to be there and was going to then drive 6 hours back home overnight because he had work the next morning, though he also got a setlist after that too which I wanted. Oh well, if you're that hardcore, you deserve the prizes.

I'll go through my pics tomorrow and post them for you guys. :)

:freak:

Michael...omigawd. I can't even. :bomb: HOW DO YOU DO IT? (To answer your question, they're highly potent. Highly.)

That was really awesome of you to give him your drumstick. That must've been difficult.

^ Nice pics :cheesy: was it a big venue?

5,000-person venue, though since it sold so poorly, all the upper sections were blocked off and they moved people further down, so I'd say 3,000 people were there. Kinda sad how a UK arena act can only draw out 3,000 people in the biggest concert city in North America, but hey, I liked the intimacy of it.

those are awesome pictures. I have a crummy camera and it died after 3 songs, but I got some decent ones with my camera.

during one day like this, I was screaming it at the top of my lungs, pointing at Guy, and he turned, facing me, looked me in the eyes, pointed and smiled. He did it twice, it literally made my year.

They sounded amazing. I love Lippy Kids to death, and it was probably the most beautiful performance I've heard

• 2 weeks later...
5,000-person venue, though since it sold so poorly, all the upper sections were blocked off and they moved people further down, so I'd say 3,000 people were there. Kinda sad how a UK arena act can only draw out 3,000 people in the biggest concert city in North America, but hey, I liked the intimacy of it.

3000 instead of 5000 is not that bad.

can you tell me the name of the venue ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...