✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the album, but it might be my least favorite since Cast of Thousands just cause it feels like Elbow on auto-pilot at points. Still, the opening track and the title track both clock in over 7 minutes and do it extremely well. I've noticed the penultimate track on every Elbow album goes really grand, and this is the best in a while.

I hope they pursue the style of "Fly Boy Blue" more in the future, though.

Oh, releasing your album a week early to prevent a leak? Genius.

I thought it wasn't going to be released until tomorrow (the 10th), so I was surprised when a Rough Trade employee offered to sell it to me on Friday. Was it released or did she make a mistake? Either way I way I was over the moon.

I'm liking the sound of the album. I don't know how I would rank against their other work, but for now I'm just enjoying it. This Blue World especially is a stand out, and Fly Boy Blue is sheer force.

Overall a happy Elbow fan here :bliss:

the jazz elements of Fly Boy Blue are wicked, the vocals and lyrics are the big stand-outs in my opinion though...

the strings in Charge are great and I love the sound of Honey Sun.

In regards to the long songs, I was happy when I initially saw the track-lengths because when BARB was out, The Birds was and still is, one of my favorite songs on the album. Also, I have never really compared Elbow's albums and ranked them, which I guess is something I should do and then share why :)

But I am glad other fans are enjoying this album, I'll be curious what the reviews will say, haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just saw Elbow last night in Cork, Ireland and I was just completely mesmerised. It was such a brilliant show from start to finish, I was left speechless by the end of it and in total awe. I also got Guy's setlist as well, which made it all the more sweeter!

• 2 years later...