✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it late last night on the iPlayer. That Anna Calvi bird was chuffin' scary. I had to fast forward thru her bits so I didn't get nightmares :\

Lippy Kids was lovely tho

YouTube - Elbow Lippy Kid (TV live)

Interview:

YouTube - Guy Garvey Interview Of Elbow on Later With Jools Holland 2011.mp4

Neat Little Rows:

Lovely videos, those are. :wacky:

• 3 weeks later...

ac2b72088d4f7523be683cc5c5266213-576x465.jpg

Elbow Sydney Splendour 2011 Sideshow Announced

Elbow have announced a Splendour 2011 Sydney sideshow in the lead up to the festival where the band will be headlining with Kanye West and Coldplay.

The show will be at the Enmore Theatre on the 29th of July and will be the band’s first show since their V Festival appearance back in 2009.

Mark Potter spoke with Sun Herald about his excitement in coming back to Australia “We’re really buzzing to get back to Australia to show people our new show, People wondered, ‘Oh, what are they doing? It’s going to be awful, a horrible experience,’ and we wanted to prove to them that it can still work. People have told us they feel like they’re at a family party so, hopefully, we achieved it.”

Elbow recently released Build a Rocket, Boys!, their fifth studio album. They will be appearing at Splendour in the Grass at the Woodfordia site between 29th – 31st of July.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/elbow-sydney-splendour-2011-sideshow-announced/

• 2 weeks later...

Video of a cute little gig in Amsterdam

Love the way Guy apologies for having his vocal affected by a cold and then goes on to sing like a fucking angel. He's a legend.

Setlist:

Mirrorball

Open Arms

The Night Will Always Win

Great Expectations

Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl

Grounds for Divorce

Switching Off

The River

One Day Like This

Lippy Kids

Dear Friends

Scattered Black & Whites

Dave Gorman chats to Guy and Pete from Elbow ahead of their historic and intimate gig, deep inside the crypt of St Paul's Cathedral in London. The concert was recorded exclusively for Absolute Radio.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Elbow/8841/Interview.html

And some nice looking photos.

And they're playing tracks from the gig 7pm this Sunday on absolute :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone get the Elbow performance from the pinkpop website?

http://pinkpop.vpro.nl/2011/video.html

ps. there's an On-Air documentary on Elbow on Sky Atlantic tonight, don't know if its new or a repeat

I believe it's new, the lead up to some of their live arena shows last month.

Seems strange for Sky Atlantic to be showing something not American :P

ps. there's an On-Air documentary on Elbow on Sky Atlantic tonight, don't know if its new or a repeat

I just happened to see about the last 20 minutes of that tonight. Wish i'd known it was going to be on beforehand cos what i saw of it was great.

It's the news you've all been waiting for - Elbow have just confirmed a string of dates across the U.S.A. and Canada.

This autumn the band will be playing shows in Atlanta, Washington, New York, Boston, Toronto and L.A. - we hope to see you there.

The dates go onsale throughout the coming week, keep checking elbow.co.uk, the band's Facebook and the Elbow Twitter for ticket links.

Plus - don't forget that already announced is the band's appearance at Austin City Limits on September 18th.

Here's how the tour shapes up:

September 18th:

ACL Festival, Austin, TX, U.S.A.

(On Sale Now - Buy Tickets)

September 20th:

Center Stage, Atlanta, GA, U.S.A.

(On Sale June 17th)

September 22nd:

9:30 Club, Washington, DC, U.S.A.

(On Sale June 16th)

September 25th:

Terminal 5, New York, NY, U.S.A.

(On Sale June 17th)

September 26th:

Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, U.S.A.

(On Sale June 18th)

September 28th:

Sound Academy, Toronto, ON, Canada

(On Sale June 18th)

October 1st:

The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.

(On Sale June 18th)

Foo Fighters announced LA shows in October this morning and I was questioning whether I wanted to go.

Then Elbow announced a show two hours later, and I was like "Screw FF, I'll see Elbow instead." :D

Need to hunt down someone to go with.

Miraculously managed an Elbow pit ticket for a venue of 5,500 that has a pit capacity of no more than 150 (was in that same pit the other day for Florence and the Machine, and that pit was TINY). $55 kinda ticks me off since most artists that perform there don't charge more than $30, but whatever.

Roll on, October.

Miraculously managed an Elbow pit ticket for a venue of 5,500 that has a pit capacity of no more than 150 (was in that same pit the other day for Florence and the Machine, and that pit was TINY). $55 kinda ticks me off since most artists that perform there don't charge more than $30, but whatever.

Roll on, October.

i know i've had this whinge before

but you're ticked off about $55 tickets!!!!! elbow's sydney tickets are going for $80!! and before you ask. our dollar is strong than yours, marginally. the show sold out very very quickly which means the next time they come down here they will quite comfortably charge even more and get away with it.

but thats a very big venue they're playing.

$55 (American) is about 30ish quid, which is the same as Elbow tix at the MEN, so that seems fairly normal to me.

However, $80 australian dollars is over 50 quid which is excessive, I agree. But it looks like they can get away with it there, if it's sold out. They'd get sooo much stick if they tried charging that in Manc :lol: