✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

30 quid (ie $55) is incredibly cheap for an arena show. the average cost of an arena down here is $90-100 with the better seats being $130+

but the thing is the production costs of bringing a show here are incredibly high. you're travelling to the other side of the world for starters and then you're travelling on average 1000km between each show when you get here. so the prices are completely understandable.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not an arena show, though. It's in a theater. Nobody knows who Elbow is here (massive shame) so I'm surprised they're even playing in a venue that big. Two years ago, they played to 2,000 and had trouble selling it out.

Arens shows here sell for $75 MINIMUM. I've paid over $100 for some.

i meant their manchester shows haha.

sometimes bands play venues that are too big for them because they want to use their full set up which wouldnt otherwise fit in a small venue. that might be the case with Elbow. had a friend in the "industry" telling me today that a lot of bands with a big production, hire out a 10 000 seat venue but make a deal with the organisers to limit the capacity to 6000 with lower hire costs and so on.

Elbow celebrating 20-year anniversary like 'hippies' at Glastonbury

GuyGarveyElbowGlastonburyRJ240611.jpg

Elbow celebrating 20-year anniversary like 'hippies' at Glastonbury

Elbow's Guy Garvey has chatted to NME about how the band will be celebrating their 20-year anniversary at this year's Glastonbury festival.

The band play tonight (June 25) on the Pyramid Stage below headliners Coldplay.

"It's, like, 20 years this month that the band formed, so to be celebrating here is pretty special really," said the frontman. “Playing second headliner on the Pyramid Stage is something I never thought I'd do. It's mindblowing – it’s one of those things you can’t actually take in.”

Garvey went on to explain how the festival brought out his inner hippy. "There's something about the land and the sky round here – it's pretty trippy really," he said. "I'm from the north, so there are all these hills on the horizon and there isn't in this part of the world... there's more sky, and if that sounds pretty hippy, it's because I am [a hippy]. You can understand why they believed in magic and stuff like that round here, because there's just something vibrant about it."

He also praised the attitude of the punters and staff at the famous event. "You get here and everybody's happy, all the staff are happy," he said. "There's no 'computer says no' attitude like there is in the rest of the world. It reaffirms your faith in human nature, being here for a couple of days a year."

Elbow take to the Pyramid Stage at 8.15pm (BST).

http://www.nme.com/news/elbow/57558#1