✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum.... From what I remember: they opened with The Birds, then (not in order) Lippy kids, the bones of you, Grounds for divorce, one day like this, neat little rows...and others that i have forgotten :/

My pics

Foto-SFAVUNUU.jpg

Foto-X8M8CIPL.jpg

Foto-EHBW64RR.jpg

Foto-QP88GQJG.jpg

I filmed part of Grounds for divorce but the sound is awefull (and you see Anna (suedenimes) jumping from time to time on it... xD)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them a week ago, and I must say, they were really great! I didn't have too high expectations and they turned out to be a fantastic live band. Plus Guy was really funny. :wacky:

If anyone gets a chance to see them, I highly recommed going.

Here's the only picture that I consider worth posting (taken with my phone :uhoh:)

tumblr_lo3a4b1abC1qd782lo1_500.png

I didn't think it was really long. :surprised: Especially because none of the bands had permission to play encore due to some stupid timelimit thingys. :disappointed:

Their setlist consisted about half of the songs from Build A Rocket Boys and half of the songs from The Seldom Seen Kid. I wonder if that's just because it was a festival show and they wanted to play stuff most people know or..? Because they were joking in an interview before the show that they sucked for ten years before they started doing stuff they like. :P

I didn't think it was really long. :surprised: Especially because none of the bands had permission to play encore due to some stupid timelimit thingys. :disappointed:

Their setlist consisted about half of the songs from Build A Rocket Boys and half of the songs from The Seldom Seen Kid. I wonder if that's just because it was a festival show and they wanted to play stuff most people know or..? Because they were joking in an interview before the show that they sucked for ten years before they started doing stuff they like. :P

Yeah, their festival sets usually are like that, cause those are the albums they're promoting. I'd love for them to playing Leaders Of The Free World again.

They released their debut album after 10 years, so that's what he's talking about :tongue: they were called SOFT for a while too.

I was lucky enough to see them 3 times in a row and I really loved it!

will post my pics later:)

sweet :awesome:

Probably the most consistently brilliant band of the last 10 years. :)

I do think it's a bit of a shame that they seem to be forgetting their first two albums on this tour. Newborn used to be a highlight at every gig.

And I absolutely adored this song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nj8Pwqc-Bc]‪Elbow performs "Switching off" live‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously, just how good can music be...

^^^ :surprised: Interesting, I might have to listen to their previous stuff aswell, since I quite enjoy everything I've heard so far.

Yes, you must! :awesome:

I see them in 13 days!!! :awesome:

:wacky: at Splendour, right?

I do think it's a bit of a shame that they seem to be forgetting their first two albums on this tour. Newborn used to be a highlight at every gig.

And I absolutely adored this song:

Seriously, just how good can music be...

Totally agree! I miss the likes of Switching Off, Grace Under Pressure, Powder Blue and even New Born and Forget Myself :(

Guest howyousawtheworld

This! Elbow's music is so special that it doesn't take much to forge a really emotional connection to their music. It's just so honest and frank that it immediately grabs you.