✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I was there, one row back from the front.

I had never really taken Elbow seriously before, but they are probably one of my festival highlights

I was just so impressed with everyjaspect of their set. I'm going to make a point of seeing them next time they tour over here! Glad you got to be a part of 'Izzy',lol. :D

• 4 weeks later...

"Dead in the Boot", a b-side album, will be released August 27th :awesome: Finally!

Guy's comment

“The band have always loved B-side land and this is a collection of our favourites. None of our B-sides are album rejects. It’s a different space, usually just post finishing an album when all the members of elbow are chiming and feeling very creative. This gives ‘Dead In The Boot’ a real late night vibe. My sister came up with the title after we released ‘Asleep In The Back’. Some of these songs are the favourites we have ever written. It was important to us that this collection be an album in its own right so for some fans it may seem like there are glaring omissions, but these songs are the ones that hung together perfectly.” Guy Garvey – Elbow

‘Dead In The Boot’ – Tracklisting

1 ‘Whisper Grass’ (‘Fallen Angel’ – V2 single release)

2 ‘Lucky With Disease’ (‘Newborn’ – V2 single release)

3 ‘Lay Down Your Cross’ (‘Not A Job’ – V2 CD Single)

4 ‘The Long War Shuffle’ (‘Leaders Of The Free World’ – V2 CD Single)

5 ‘Every Bit The Little Girl’ (‘One Day Like This’ – Fiction 7” single)

6 ‘Love Blown Down’ (‘Fugitive Motel’ – V2 CD Single)

7 ‘None One’ (‘Newborn’ – Uglyman CD EP)

8 ‘Lullaby’ (‘One Day Like This’ – Fiction CD Single)

9 ‘Mcgreggor’ (‘Forget Myself’ – V2 7” single)

10 ‘Buffalo Ghosts’ (‘Open Arms’ – Fiction 10” Single)

11 ‘Waving From Windows’ (‘Grace Under Pressure’ – V2 CD Single)

12 ‘Snowball’ (From ‘Help – A Day In The Life’ – Warchild album release)

13 ‘Gentle As’ (‘Leaders Of The Free World’ – V2 7” single)

all from http://elbow.co.uk/home.html

Very nice! :awesome: It's nice to know they love "Lay Down Your Cross" as much as I do. :dazzled:

In the meantime, I'll wait for the upcoming release of "First Steps." I haven't heard any of it, but everyone on the Elbow forum seems to really like what they've heard thus far.

It runs in the BBC adverts for the Olympics, and one of the radio stations there played the track in full. I can't remember which one or which program, but I remember them talking about it.

A DVD? That would be just lovely. :cheesy: Elbow almost sound better live than they do on the studio albums.

Anyway, I'm about to make an iTunes playlist of the B-side album so I can see what this will sound like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Elbow's sixth studio album, currently being recorded at their facilities in Blueprint Studios, Salford, will be released on March 10th 2014. The album will be available on CD, Deluxe CD, Vinyl and download.

The band have also announced a full UK Arena tour in April 2014. You can book your tickets in the fan presale now using this link: http://po.st/Nt8xAL

When you book your tickets you'll also be given the chance to order an specially priced bundle containing album #6 and elbow's first ever live full concert DVD 'Live At Jodrell Bank'. Get more information on the bundle at elbow's website: http://po.st/CbSTHG

April UK Tour

Sat 5th – Birmingham LG Arena

Sun 6th – Glasgow SSE Hydro

Tue 8th – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Wed 9th - Manchester Phones 4U Arena

Fri 11th – Leeds First Direct Arena

Sat 12th – Liverpool Echo Arena

Mon 14th – Nottingham Capital FM Arena

Wed 16th – London The o2

Tickets will go on general sale on Friday 4th October.

:bomb::bomb:

• 3 months later...

I like it but I don't love it, which is how I felt about "Neat Little Rows" last time. Safe lead single but I expect bigger things from the full album.

(also, sheesh, I thought I got legitimately banned from the site as punishment for my absence, then I finally learned about the site downtime)