✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Quotes

TyM218

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL OF THOSE QUOTES ARE HILARIOUS. "Otherwise I would have just stayed at home and masterbated. And that would be a waste of another day."

He's so funny!

xDD! My favourite quote from that video:

"My dream is that Will suddenly says: 'I'm going to be a flamboyant homosexual drummer and wear outrageous clothes and say outrageous things.'"

Oh, and:

"Guy's area, where he stands and looks handsome. And this is Jonny's area, where he stands and looks at guy."

I have that Bakery tour on my iPod. 8D

I love the one in my signature (he's talking about why they chose the title for the new album).

Also:

"If I have a problem with a chorus, I like to go into the men’s room, ’cause the echo is nice. Doesn’t smell so great, so you need to write it quickly so you can get out of there."

Oh, and:

"I drool all over the place…If you’re in the front row at a Coldplay show, you could really go away with a lot of DNA. You could literally re-create us."

xDD :heart:

"There are good days and not so good days, you know? But, the thing is.............................I got to have a ride in a fire engine. How cool is that?" -Chris

"We've made millions of dollars off this song alone, but you wouldn't be able to tell that just by looking at Guy's shoes." -Chris

"When it comes to girls, I behave like an idiot...I'm very good at maintaining my relationship with Jonny, though. If we had sex, though, it would ruin everything." -Chris

Interviewer: "What makes Jonny Buckland such an amazing bandmate?"

Chris: "Bedmate?"

Jonathan Ross: "What was the argument about?"

Chris: "Will slept with....my aunt."

"There are more than 27 people out there!" -Chris

*to interviewer* "I like your shoes. Your shoes are extremely delectable." -Chris

"I understand women, of course. I am a seducer." -Chris :wacky:

:heart:

Chris: My little brother doesn't really like coldplay, he's into heavier stuff

Interviewer: Like metal?

Chris: No, fatter singers.

Interviewer: Congratulations you won an award for best direction.

Chris: What's best erection?

Chris: If you get a permanent marker and you draw six squares on your tummy, it gives you an abdomen. From a distance, the girls will be impressed, letme tell you that from experience.

Interviewer: We're at a secret location, we can't say where we are.

Chris: Really?

Interviewer: Yes, because then hundreds of thousands fans would come barging into the hotel room, so

Chris: So they would come barging into the room 1109 the Seraton Chicago?

Chris: We've got the greatest job in the world. Except for Shakira's dancers. That's gotta be a great place to be, behind Shakira.

Chris: (referring to Yellow) In an alternative universe this song would be called Playboy.

Interviewer: The show last night was fantasic. It really was unbelievable. Can we please talk about your balls.... not yours at the concert, you know what I mean, they were beautiful.

Chris: Can you say that as a whole sentence?

Interviewer: Okay, your balls are beautiful.

Chris: Ohhhhh!

One more time just to give four old men some pleasure.- Chris Martin

Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically and people will love it more. -Chris Martin

If you're here for David Beckham you are 24 hours early, but there is always our handsome bass player, Guy. -Chris Martin

Interviewer: Congratulations you won an award for best direction.

Chris: What's best erection?

Interviewer: The show last night was fantasic. It really was unbelievable. Can we please talk about your balls.... not yours at the concert, you know what I mean, they were beautiful.

Haha I love Chris. He's such a perv :wink3:

Hilarious!!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I love all of these quotes :wacky:

Here are some from my favorite interview of them:

""Fame is bullshit," he says today. "But that was a moment where even I thought, You lucky bastard. Enjoy it!"

"We're not Travis, OK? We've just been doing horse off a hooker's back," :P

(Not a Chris quote but i just found it in here and it makes me LOL :lol:)

"University College, they recruited bass guitarist Berryman after he confronted them in a student bar and demanded to be in their band ("We couldn't really say no," says Buckland.)"

"That's one of my great hobbies in life...trying to convince Will that my songs are any good."

"Was I going to admit we are one of the best bands in the world? I thought, I might die at ny moment and I've been given this amazing opportunity with my best friends. And at that point we were doing ridiculous things--hanging out with U2--and I thought, I wouldn't want to be in U2, I am actually already in one of the best bands in the world."

"Please use your discretion. There is a strong possibility I will act like an utter twat."

"I might well die and I will certainly lose my hair".

"I do enjoy getting asked for autographs," says Martin. "I might try and act cool but it does feel good. People's enthusiasm gives me a real buzz."

"Radiohead gave me hope," says Martin. "They were the band who gave me permission. I'm a public schoolboy from Devon and I'm not supposed to be in a band. Well they proved I could. I thought, I'm a bit like them. Jonny was OK because he's northern and so is Guy. "

"Julian Casablancas is as much a geek as me!" he exclaims. "OK, he's a better-looking geek, but he's a geek! "

:wacky:

"There's a dichotomy between the wannabe rock star in me and the son of my mother," he says. "I think girls are amazing but I also feel really guilty about doing stuff with someone that you don't really like. I don't believe there is such a thing as casual sex. Someone always gets hurt. And I hate that feeling. One thing about girls is that I get scared. I get scared of my feelings being in the hands of another person. I know that feeling of waiting for a girl to call. That's scary.

"My mum always said to me she doesn't believe in sleeping with people before marriage. She's not being prissy. She's very rock 'n' roll--it means doing what you feel and damn everyone else--and she reckons waiting and committing leads to great sex. I didn't agree entirely, but I haven't slept with many people. I didn't lost my virginity until two years ago. If I was good with women I'd go and enjoy it. But also I'm obsessed with the band, so I refuse to commit to a relationship...I'm an ambitious little tosser."

:wacky:

"I know I'm going to get shit for saying this," he says, "but yeah, I don't want to be too happy. To write I have to feel slightly sorry for myself. You have to be in a slightly self-obsessed state of mind to sit at a piano for six hours and not worry about meeting someone for a date. My best songs come when I have that feeling that I've left the party early. And the other reason our songs are all about struggling and worrying and being beleaguered is my dad. He's a terrible worrier. He's always after the next thing. And I am too. Luckily the other members are more relaxed. Three other members like me and we'd go nuts."

"Of course it's rock star conscience. I mean, I am loaded! And I love my life! And I'm selfish. I flick through OK! magazine and look at pretty girls and I worry about my reviews and, yes, it's a cosy, cocooned existence. But I've woken up to the shit underneath. When you realise that there are rules keeping people in poverty because they're not allowed to trade, you wake up.

"And I think, Is it chance? How did I have the luck to be born here and meet Jonny and get signed and get success? I reckon there must be something higher. It feels like it was given to me and that's why I get scared I'll die before we make the most of it."

Will talking abotu Chris's cooking :laugh3:

""He should learn to cook. He has two meals in his repertoire---both highly dangerous."

"And I think, Is it chance? How did I have the luck to be born here and meet Jonny and get signed and get success? I reckon there must be something higher. It feels like it was given to me and that's why I get scared I'll die before we make the most of it."

i like how he only mentioned Jonny. :wacky:

Fan: Hi guys, I'm Jen.

Chris: Hi Jen, "Hi Jen", that sounds a bit like hygiene, are you clean?

K/B: She smells very nice yes.

Fan: Thank you. My favorite thing about you guys is how humble you are. How do you stay grounded?

Chris: Because we're brillant. That's how we stay grounded....... I don't wanna be the only one talking , but everyone else's still waking up! Jonny, how do you stay grounded?

Jonny: Uhhh... I dunno.

Chris: See? It's like getting blood out of a stone at this time in the morning.

K/B: Can you tell the difference from place to place in the audience? Is there a certain part of the world that's different than..... here, different than England?

Chris: I mean, France is different y'know.

[silence, people start laughing]

K/B: Because?

Chris: Over here they go "Yeah!" over there they go "Oui!" That may can tell.

Jonathan Ross: Okay so when you were a young band when you guys first got together... how long have you been together now as a band?

Chris: 74 years.

Jonathan Ross: So how many copies? It's called X&Y how many?

Chris: 46.

Jonathan Ross: 46 copies so far and counting.

Chris: So far.

Jonathan Ross: No.

Chris: And five of them got returned to Woolworths.

Chris: This is the part of the concert where everyone can just nuzzle back with their girlfriend and eat popcorn. If you haven't got a girlfriend, just eat your popcorn. If you haven't got any popcorn, just eat someone's girlfriend....'s popcorn.

Chris: Each of us had very, very strict parents who would lock us in our rooms until we learnt a new chord. Will's parents were particulary harsh. He was not allowed food until he could learn a new Beatles song every day.

*Will looks serious*

Chris: That's why he's so depressed.

Chris: At the same time I was feeling like a bit of a failure

Interviewer: How can you be a failure after selling more than 20 million records?

Chris: Well y'know alot of people voted for Hilter.

Chris: I'm pretty sure that me and Guy would have an equal match (fistfighting) but I would never even approach Will with my hands raised. It's very good to be scared of your drummer, actually.

"When it comes to girls, I behave like an idiot...I'm very good at maintaining my relationship with Jonny, though. If we had sex, though, it would ruin everything." -Chris

Interviewer: "What makes Jonny Buckland such an amazing bandmate?"

Chris: "Bedmate?"

:wink3::wink3:oh Chris:rolleyes:

:laugh3: I love that one, it used to be in my sig before, laugh every single time I watch that interview.

Chris: Each of us had very, very strict parents who would lock us in our rooms until we learnt a new chord. Will's parents were particulary harsh. He was not allowed food until he could learn a new Beatles song every day.

*Will looks serious*

Chris: That's why he's so depressed.

:lol: whats this one from? ive always liked it(: