• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YouTube - Close Up With Coldplay[/url]

starting from 4:05mins :)

:laugh3:!!

YES! thanks Anna! :D

Interviewer: What was your first extravagant purchase?

Chris: That's such a Cribs question... Probably my rims... for my plane.

---

On radio...

Chris: Jon, let's wrap it up?

Jonny: I wanna play a Roxy Music song.. I wanna play Virginia Plain.

Chris: WHAT! You can't say that on radio, can you?

Jonny: Why not?

Chris: Isn't that a lady's bits? Isn't that when you've shaved your.. what?

*everyone cracks up*

---

"There's two nuns in a bath, one says "Where's the soap?" and the other says "It does, doesn't it?" "Think about that!"

That's a shit joke. Neither Jonny or Guy got it.

---

His helping with your homework jingle..

"Helping with your homework!

Come on, we're rocking man!

Helping with you homework

Come on, let's rock!

If you've got geography, I'll do your homework!

Why don't you send me your ALGEBRA!?"

---

*Plays Clocks piano riff*

"I wrote that and that's why I'm rich!"

---

"When you get those statistics like your record was the biggest selling record in the world or something. You go "Fantastic!" But what can you really do? It's not a sandwich, you can't eat it."

---

"That track is Will's favorite. He'd tell you that if he were here, but he hates journalists!"

---

"Guy did a tour of nunneries and actually coverted 81 nuns out of nunnery"

---

After Dermot confronts Chris about only going over to Jonny and not going over to Guy during gigs:

"We always go over to Guy on stage, and a lot of the time he will ignore you. About 8 times a concert, I'll be like "Hey Guy! We're really rocking the place!" and he will just be like.." *silence* "He's not even looking"

---

Suggesting a song to play on radio

"Let's play Hungry Heart, have you ever dropped that?"

Dermot goes on to make fun of him for using the phrase "dropped"... Chris says it's not his fault, he's been in America for 6 months... then later..

"So we would come up with ideas for something new and fresh, you know something off the chain that we've never dropped before... *laughter* "and uh.. we would come up with some joints that were like wow.. that is baaad"

---

"You know what Will said to me once? He said "Your songs are rubbish!" No he didn't say that, but it's something he MIGHT say"

---

Guy, Chris, and Jonny calling Will live on radio:

"Hello Will, it's Chris Tarrant here. I've got Guy on the phone"

---

Talking about how fans are nicer in North America.

"In America, when we say biscuits everyone goes crackers"

Think about that!

---

After winning Best Act In The World at the Q Awards in '05

"Somewhere out there, Alan Mcgee is having a heart attack"

"Some of you probably hate us, but I couldn't give a shit cause we're the best act in the world"

---

Talking about playing the big hits

"Well we owe everything to Yellow and to Clocks and to.... Yellow and to Clocks. We owe a lot to Yellow and a lot to Clocks, but mainly to Yellow and Clocks"

---

Fan: How'd you get the name Coldplay?

Chris: We stole it. We saw some band walking down the street with it and fought them.

---

"The reason why we got stressed out when we got successful is because it was just a huge change. It was like in Terminator when Arnold lands back in time or whatever and he's got no clothes on and he's slightly confused, that was like us you know. And then goes into a bar and beats people up and says *in an Anrold voice* "I need your clothes". Well that's what we just needed ,some clothes. By the end of Terminator, everyone knows who that cat is, same with us" *smiles*

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

well done kiran! :clap:

Okay so the first nun is asking "Where's the soap?"

But the other nun thinks she says "Wears the soap?"

So she says "Yup. It does, doesn't it?"

Cause the soap is wearing, cause she's masturbating with it.

:stunned:

that is terrible.

also:

Dan Luca [philadelphia inquirer music critic]: So no Chris Martin solo record?

Chris: Hell would have to not only freeze over, but be skated over and completely closed up. The pope would have to declare that it didn't even exist. I can't think of anything worse. And I'm sure most of your readers would agree.

Dan Luca: So if there is a Chris Martin solo album, I can really call you a liar.

Chris: It would probably mean that I've been dumped by my wife and I desperately need the money.

:laugh3::heart:

:laugh3:!!

YES! thanks Anna! :D

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

well done kiran! :clap:

:stunned:

that is terrible.

also:

Dan Luca [philadelphia inquirer music critic]: So no Chris Martin solo record?

Chris: Hell would have to not only freeze over, but be skated over and completely closed up. The pope would have to declare that it didn't even exist. I can't think of anything worse. And I'm sure most of your readers would agree.

Dan Luca: So if there is a Chris Martin solo album, I can really call you a liar.

Chris: It would probably mean that I've been dumped by my wife and I desperately need the money.

:laugh3::heart:

Heheheh. :heart:

He's so funny!

"My wife and I were sitting on the sofa..."

"Were you snogging?"

"... Yes, we were snogging, yes."

"YEAHH!"

"We had an idea for a concert - and we still might, but I'm telling you the idea so someone else might do it - that we wanted to have a song, and we played it in Guitar Hero. So instead of playing real instruments we wanted to play guitar hero guitars."

:dead:

i love it!

there's also one that i want to say was maybe from storytellers, but it wasn't actually in storytellers, just on the vh1 website where he was talking about how they make their own music and it's like the car dealers in America who make their own commercials. it was hilarious, because he was like, "i'm Ronald McDonald, and i own Ronald Mcdonald's second-hand cars. come on down, 'cause the prices are low, and the cars are slow! ... or fast, whatever you want to say." and he said it in an "American" accent that made him sound like a pirate. :P

sadly, i have no idea where to find it now. :(

"I'd like to thank that 9 year old kid whose balls haven't dropped yet for ruining my life."

Talking about busking... "We were gonna set the town on fire. We'll have all the kids around and make tons of money and fill our hats, or caps I can't remember the specific head gear."

"This is where we have sex...NO this is where the magic happens!"

"When Will does something you don't question it. You just let him do what he wants to do and if he wants to paint a picture or a pony you just let it happen."

"This is where we hang out. Where we philosophize. Where we theorize. Where we hypnotize."

Going track by track on Parachutes...

I: "Everything's Not Lost"

CM: "Isn't it?"

"This is where we have sex...NO this is where the magic happens!"

"When Will does something you don't question it. You just let him do what he wants to do and if he wants to paint a picture or a pony you just let it happen."

"This is where we hang out. Where we philosophize. Where we theorize. Where we hypnotize."

Hehe. I love that entire interview! xD

A favourite of mine:

I: The album is called Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. You should go out and buy it! I mean, why not?

C: Why not? Because, you know, there are better things to do with your time?

Hehe. I love that entire interview! xD

A favourite of mine:

I: The album is called Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. You should go out and buy it! I mean, why not?

C: Why not? Because, you know, there are better things to do with your time?

Hahaha! I love his sense of Humor..

"We're happy to be in any bosom"

"Boobs, boobs, boobs"

Chris really likes female anatomy

idk where read this but someone at a show screamed out "I love you" and he said "No you don't I'm a twat"

I love that he has a pervy side. Lmao!!

there's one interview from last summer and for the life of me i can't remember or find which one it was. but they're talking about the song yes and chris says its about boobs and sex and implies that its about exactly what you think its about :wink3:

anyone know which one i'm talking about? i'd love to watch it again!! :D

(when asked why he played a role on "Extras")

Chis: "why did I play it well, becaussssss, well. Otherwise I would've just stayed at home and masterbated. It would have been a waste of another day."

Hahahahaha!

I love that video so so so much! It's so hilarious!

His face when is says "It would have been a waste of another day" gets me EVERYtime.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!