✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

why do ppl want this acoustic sound so bad? coldplay made themselves more creative in this last album not bc of their lyrics but bc of their new instrument sounds, like in LIT and Lovers in Japan, new sounds and instruments are just as important as lyrics, parachutes to me is not bad but way far behind the other 3 albums and even behind prospekts. i think they need to stay big now that they are, playing small venues with small sounds wont make ppl happy simply bc ALL their fans wont be able to see them. stay with the viva sound, the best album yet

I was thinking about their next album today, like really thinking about it. and i feel like its going to be a bit hard for them to top viva. i donno, like i know i will absolutely love it no matter what and all uss coldplayers will think it is but i mean like non coldplay people, do you think they can beat viva in the hugeness that it was?

why do ppl want this acoustic sound so bad? coldplay made themselves more creative in this last album not bc of their lyrics but bc of their new instrument sounds, like in LIT and Lovers in Japan, new sounds and instruments are just as important as lyrics, parachutes to me is not bad but way far behind the other 3 albums and even behind prospekts. i think they need to stay big now that they are, playing small venues with small sounds wont make ppl happy simply bc ALL their fans wont be able to see them. stay with the viva sound, the best album yet

I want a acoustic sound because Viva La Vida felt forced at times. At first it sounded great and flowed; it was catchy and wonderful. Then about a hundred listens in (Im serious a hundred) it begins to feel forced.

Listen to Viva La Vida, then listen to this version: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zl2TfsJa4k&feature=related]YouTube- Coldplay - "Viva la Vida" Live & Acoustic "Stripped" on I Heart Radio[/ame]

To me the loss of all the production on the song (about 10 tracks) makes it seem so much better, to my ears. It flows way better and I can actually feel it, Martin and Will sing with passion. The Piano is better than the strings and Jonnys guitar is actually noticeable now. Yet it still makes me move the same as the original.

Im a huge fan of Lovers too, easily my favorite off the album and second out of the Viva era. Yet to me the acoustic is once again leaps and bounds better. Its not as cluttered or loud. It still is that happy upbeat song, and could easily be worked into a better full version than the album.

Life in Technicolor is perfection, straight up. Simply because its a combination of acoustic and electric and Eno. Violet Hill, even though its fallen by the way side is another awesome track. 42, incorporates acoustic again.

Its all the songs with an acoustic feel that are more genuine than the forced production of Eno. Chris is far far better mellowed out.

I want an album that sounds like Love 2003. Politik, One I Love, A Rush Of Blood, Moses all sound bloody amazing. Too bad we ripped apart X&Y because its an amazing album! I want them to go that direction more than this Viva direction.

hi my favourite coldplay album is xy this album is just out of this world. i hope the next coldplay album sounds like this one or a rush of blood to the head. i just cannot wait to purchase the new album whatever it sounds like coldplay are amazing.

I was thinking about their next album today, like really thinking about it. and i feel like its going to be a bit hard for them to top viva. i donno, like i know i will absolutely love it no matter what and all uss coldplayers will think it is but i mean like non coldplay people, do you think they can beat viva in the hugeness that it was?

I'm not sure ... i think it will be great (like you already explaine - for coldplayyers it will be as amazing as their other albums of course) ... I'm not sure thinkk it will depend on what stly it is ... myself I actually have no idea as for example wedding bells or bloodless revolution are already 2 very diffrent songs ..

i think it will suprise everyone again (like viva did) ... and then lets see what it will be like :)

i think coldplay fans will love it anyway !!! :heart:

.. i hope though that there will be some songs mh of the style of parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y ... i don't know : i just like that :)

.. well that's my opinion :)

i think coldplay fans will love it anyway !!! :heart:

Well, I don´t hope so... It´s like allowing them to fuck up big time, and we wouldn´t mind it because we are Coldplay fans anyway. I don´t expect them to fuck it up though.

I wouldn´t really like a Parachutes II, but something AROBTTH/X&Y IIish would be pretty cool. But if they continue on VLV-style, it would be still awesome. Maybe I even prefer VLV-ish songs over AROBTTHish songs.