✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parachutes ish album would still be perfect imo,

i listen to parachutes again today, and it is the best album they have made.

they need to get back to their roots, because the only song they remember from then is yellow...and they need to make more songs like dont panic and everythings not lost.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Parachutes melodies for me weren't as good as Viva La VIda's or A Rush Of Blood To The Head. It'd be beautiful to hear an acoustic album from them again but not in the Parachutes sense. Acoustic is the step forward not a rock album in the sense of heavy guitar etc. I would love it tobe very cold and dark. The sort of music which you would play in a montage of the icy arctic, or a deserted minus 30 degree Siberia in January. Yes, a winter album, the sort that should be released during the winter, something Coldplay haven't done before.

I'd expect something around the holidays. They have a few months to be working.

They've also been working constantly this whole tour on new material. They have a break until the end of February and will only be doing the South American tour for a few weeks, so I don't we will have to wait that long.

My only hope is that the band are all on the same page. This would be the only reason that a new album wouldn't be forthcoming in 2010 or early 2011 for me.

We know Chris is plugging along and that they've been working, and hopefully they are all liking what they're hearing.

Perhaps the band will work hard on the fifth album and then not do such a demanding world tour after it's release - ala Radiohead and U2 on some records.

That would work fine with me. They've seen everyone, so no one can really complain about not being treated. This way maybe they can just do a short world tour and get to work on LP 6. Don't worry, I'm not getting ahead of myself or excited...just speculating.

My hopes are we have something in 2010. Everyone talks so often about the music industry changing and having to be constantly in the public eye to remain relevant. Well hopefully Coldplay can take this to heart while still improving and evolving as a band. Fingers crossed 2010!

I hope that we get Christmas lights around the holiday! i can't wait to hear the whole song (that is if they do record it)

and yah an album in 2010 would be AMAZING!! and maybe a small world tour so i could go to a few concerts ;)

:laugh3: small world tour)

Something like VLV tour which in the start also was not going to be big...