✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assure us? Hey, do you work for Coldplay?

no, but I've followed the band long enough and have seen countless over-excited fans jumping at every new song they see to know intuitively that its just not a song they'd put on an album.

I'm so confident that, if I'm wrong, I will create my own shame thread in the coldplay section confessing it.

no, but I've followed the band long enough and have seen countless over-excited fans jumping at every new song they see to know intuitively that its just not a song they'd put on an album.

I'm so confident that, if I'm wrong, I will create my own shame thread in the coldplay section confessing it.

Ok, let's wait and see!

Same goes for Wedding Bells btw. (I do realize I am putting myself in a lose-disproportionate win situation)

I'm thinking the same as you so I could you keep you company in the 'shame thread' if they release it :lol:

Chris did an interview in the middle of the tour and said that between shows all he'd do was write & watch "The Wire." Then he said he had an idea that #5 would be 'a story' (or something like that). So I wonder if he was inspired by "The Wire" (gangsta rap! :P:shocked2: kidding!) I just became curious if one influenced the other.

Another thing I predict -- we will hear a lot more from the Coldplay Choir. I think that they really embraced harmonizing and singing as a group. And also, recently, Chris mentioned stuff he's been listening to lately and he mentioned some men's chorus from the 50's. (anyone remember their name? The something Singers???) How many times has Chris talked about growing up in church and loving group singing? And all the others have also said how much they love hearing everyone sign together. I think Chris is going to have some serious back-up singers in #5!

I think they will start to use their voices as instruments. Maybe they will open #5 with something a capella!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think too that they'll use more of the 'CP choir' :). they said it, Brian Eno said it and there is photo proof

blog111pic2.jpg

(note: Will is lead vocal here... :awesome: )

Now they don't sound like 'chicken being strangled' anymore...XD (this ITV still make me laugh after all these years...)

• 3 weeks later...