✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new album won't be released until the end of next year. No sooner than that. They'll use this Latin American tour as a 'test' enviroment on new stuff.. go back to the studio, work on stuff.. relax.. work on more stuff... relax some more, then lay it down and prep for release. Tour? 2011. :)

you heard it here first :smug:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Gardeners On The Frontline

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

there is the whole list

Since they always name their albums after one of their songs, maybe one of these will be the title. :surprised: How about Hook Up for the album name. :lol:

Since they always name their albums after one of their songs, maybe one of these will be the title. :surprised: How about Hook Up for the album name. :lol:

Arabesque sounds like an amazing one, or Cartoon Heart...

Wait! What am I doing? Its faaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr too early to talk.

I expect the next album in late 2010 or mid 2011...

And, Christmas Lights probably won't EVER be recorded, since Chris chhurns out hundreds of songs a day...but...it may be one of those lucky few that make it onto the next stage...we'll just have to wait and see...won't we...?

• 2 weeks later...

new album is going to be like uhhh :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZBqsqvfj0Y]YouTube - The Flaming Lips My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion[/ame]

or even better

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlMeTxVdH8]YouTube - the flaming lips yoshimi battles the pink robots part 1[/ame]

I don't think VLVODAAHF was perfection - Chris eventually glued 15 songs together in pairs to reduce it to a 10 title album, which leaves you a bit lost to the meaning of the songs, especially the second ones to all of that, who are often nothing more than one unfinished thematic piece of material that wasn't developed into a whole album.

I loved it, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't perfection like somebody said a bit higher.

I think they have found that a song with a propulsive beat (like all those RnB tunes) scores really well with the masses (like Viva la vida). So that will probably the title track. Then for all of us there might be some folk/alternative music maybe? Intertwined with U2 hardrock and some old-fashioned dreamy Coldplay ballad.

That's what I reckon.