✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

6-Mar-2010: Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying at Hotel Corinto, it's an old hotel :lol: but it's cheap, clean, two blocks away from Reforma and one from a starbucks and the Monumento a la Revolucion. So I like it :wacky:

And as long as you don't try to move me from my spot you can do whatever you want to get yours :tongue:

Where are you staying?

And going there at 9 am? What? I won't be outside the venue all the day :dozey: I'll get there late and get a good place, don't know how, but I will :evil:

A couple hundred of pesos are able to get you any place you want, just tell that to someone that works there and add this face ":wink3:" and you'll be front row! :P

Tequila? :sombrero:

Ricardo doesn't seem like a tequila person... He seems like a classy man :charming:

:sombrero: + :charming: = Ricardo (just remember to keep the moustache from the :sombrero; :P)

Just kidding :kiss:

Wow -- 9 AM! I knew this was going to be different from my Viva concert experience here in the States but reading these details blows my mind! :shocked2:

Let me give you an idea of the potential difference... I had the the "Gen A" tickets for the show I saw this past year, strolled in half an hour before it started, walked right up towards the stage and although I wasn't directly up against the barrier, I still managed to take awesome pictures with my iphone camera. :rolleyes:

So needless to say, I'm going to be in a for a shock when I arrive at Foro Sol around 3:30 this upcoming Saturday! At least I have Sunday's show to collect more butterflies for my collection. :wink3:

Also: I'm looking for 2 General A tickets for friends, Saturday night. Anyone have extras they're trying to sell??

well the guys from the club have said we'll meet at 9am

the only other concert I've been to is the past coldplay's gig

here which was in a venue with only seats so no line to

fight for a spot.

I dont know if we're exagerating, maybe butthe guys from

the muse fan club are already organizing 3 groups for the line

to the concert in the same venue april 20 depending on how soon

you can get there or you are willing to, and the grous are

Group A.- Arrives april 18th at night (sleeping 2 days outside the venue)

Group B.- Arrives april 19 (staying 1 night there)

Group C.- Arrives april 20, the day of the concert

THAT is really insane, I wouldn't do that ever (A nor B). this is as

far as I can go and I really hope it's worth it.

A couple hundred of pesos are able to get you any place you want, just tell that to someone that works there and add this face ":wink3:" and you'll be front row! :P

Go for it Ricardo :wink3:

Wow -- 9 AM! I knew this was going to be different from my Viva concert experience here in the States but reading these details blows my mind! :shocked2:

Let me give you an idea of the potential difference... I had the the "Gen A" tickets for the show I saw this past year, strolled in half an hour before it started, walked right up towards the stage and although I wasn't directly up against the barrier, I still managed to take awesome pictures with my iphone camera. :rolleyes:

So needless to say, I'm going to be in a for a shock when I arrive at Foro Sol around 3:30 this upcoming Saturday! At least I have Sunday's show to collect more butterflies for my collection. :wink3:

Also: I'm looking for 2 General A tickets for friends, Saturday night. Anyone have extras they're trying to sell?? [/font][/size]

Ehm, yeah, you're in for quite a shock, mexican fans are REALLY diferent from american crowds :sombrero:

And I'm actually trying to get rid of one General A ticket for saturday's gig, so let me know if you want it! :D

well the guys from the club have said we'll meet at 9am

the only other concert I've been to is the past coldplay's gig

here which was in a venue with only seats so no line to

fight for a spot.

I dont know if we're exagerating, maybe butthe guys from

the muse fan club are already organizing 3 groups for the line

to the concert in the same venue april 20 depending on how soon

you can get there or you are willing to, and the grous are

Group A.- Arrives april 18th at night (sleeping 2 days outside the venue)

Group B.- Arrives april 19 (staying 1 night there)

Group C.- Arrives april 20, the day of the concert

THAT is really insane, I wouldn't do that ever (A nor B). this is as

far as I can go and I really hope it's worth it.

Two days before the gig?? :stunned: I knew Muse fans were crazy, but that's insane! :shocked2:

I think we have a problem with the long queues, probably it's something cultural or I don't know because it's something common here even for a bureaucratic procedures and stuff like that... but i think with coldplay things won't be so extreme, for example for u2 and radiohead, people slept outside the venue many days before the concert, and they weren't just a couple of crazy dudes, they were a lot of people!!!, in radiohead I remember you could see a lot of tents lined outside the venue. At least with coldplay i haven't read that someone is going to sleep outside the foro sol.

Coldplay DVD Recorded in Mexico?

Translated Please!!

Entrevista con Mat Whitecross

Quedará México en la historia de Coldplay

Jueves, 04 de Marzo de 2010

Coldplay se presentará en México, Monterrey y Guadalajara

Cada minuto de la estancia de Coldplay en México será registrada por varias cámaras para el archivo personal del grupo, para realizar un DVD o un documental

CIUDAD DE MÉXICO.- Mat Whitecross, documentalista y amigo de la universidad de Chris Martin, afirmó que está alistando cámaras y equipo humano para tener una memoria videográfica muy completa del paso por el País del Viva La Vida Latin American Tour 2010.

"Aún no han decidido si harán un DVD o un documental. Chris tiene un enamoramiento especial por México. No tienes idea de lo mucho que le profesa amor a los mexicanos.

'Viva la Vida' se llama así por culpa de Frida Kahlo. Chris quiere que este fin de semana sea muy especial", dijo Whitecross en entrevista telefónica desde León.

El cineasta estuvo en Guanajuato, dentro de la Gira Ambulante, para presentar su trabajo The Shock Doctrine, el cual ya fue visto por el cuarteto británico.

"A pesar de toda la fama que los envuelve y de toda la atención de los medios, ellos son muy sencillos y me han apoyado siempre. Nuestra camaradería es la misma.

Chris y yo fuimos compañeros en la Universidad (University College of London).

"Jamás hemos perdido contacto y hemos sido muy amigos; he hecho varios videos con ellos. Presenté un trabajo, Sex & Drugs & Rock and Roll, y Chris fue a la presentación.

Es genial; es un gran amigo".

Whitecross ha realizado varios videoclips para los ganadores de seis Grammys, entre ellos los de los temas "Bigger Stronger", "Lovers in Japan" y "Lost!".

"Es bueno que me den trabajo ¿no? ¿Qué puedo decir de ellos si los veo como a unos grandes camaradas. Seguro disfrutarán mucho de estos shows.

Insisto, su amor por México es genuino y eso se nota; no se emocionan en otros sitios tanto como aquí. El público lo verá".

Para la estadía de los británicos, Whitecross contratará a un equipo de siete cámaras, las cuales serán proporcionadas por Canana Films, compañía productora de Diego Luna y Gael García Bernal.

Oxfam, presente

La ONG Oxfam, de la que Chris Martin es vocero, tendrá presencia en los conciertos que Coldplay ofrecerá en el DF, Guadalajara y Monterrey, a través de voluntarios que acudirán para informar a los fans sobre las labores que la organización realiza en México y el mundo.

"Chris Martin hizo esta invitación a Oxfam para que estemos presentes en el recital y sensibilizar a la gente. El grupo trae una agenda bastante apretada, por lo que, en esta ocasión, no se pudo concretar ninguna actividad con ellos, pero el apoyo del artista a Oxfam continúa", comentó una vocera de la organización que promueve el comercio justo.

En 2003, durante su primera visita al País, la banda visitó una cooperativa de agricultores en Puebla; en 2005, Martin realizó una campaña fotográfica para Oxfam en la que también participaron artistas como Gael García, Michael Stipe, Thom Yorke y Alanis Morissette.

So you guys aren't arriving at 9:00 am to the venue?? Do you think that if we arrive later we'll still manage to have a decent place?? I saw a list that the fan club's doing and today at 2:00 pm around 50 people were already in it.... we should join forces with them!!! :D

Ricardo doesn't seem like a tequila person... He seems like a classy man :charming:

:sombrero: + :charming: = Ricardo (just remember to keep the moustache from the :sombrero; :P)

Just kidding :kiss:

Are you saying that Tequila ain't classy?! :O

And I'm gonna shave tomorrow so I won't have a moustache nor a hat.

Tomorrow!! :D

Are you saying that Tequila ain't classy?! :O

And I'm gonna shave tomorrow so I won't have a moustache nor a hat.

Sorry, I should have used the word "classier".

Don't worry I won't be there, so I won't make fun of your moustache :nice:. But shaving and leaving your hat at home sounds like a good idea to me.