::Hayley::

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a suuuuuuuuuuuuper fan of Robbie's...

I love his music, it's wonderful.. i listen to him since, dunno, maybe when i was 10? more or less...

My first impression of Intensive Care, was that i didn't like it.. 3 years after Escapology, which i think it's his best album, this one wasn't too good...

but now! i loove it... the trouble with me, your gay friend, please don't die, spread your wings, a place to crash, advertising space.. i think they are great songs!! But well, maybe with Guy Chambers, this CD could have been better.. because they have written some wonderful songs, such as Angels;Coffee, tea & sympathy; no regrets ; supreme; come undone; feel; one of god's better people; eternity; the road to Mandalay; and so on...

Now that i stop thinking for a bit... the postcard, did he write it with Chambers or Duffy? (for those who don't know, it's a really nice b-side..)

Now that i stop thinking for a bit... the postcard' date=' did he write it with Chambers or Duffy? (for those who don't know, it's a really nice b-side..)[/quote']

It was written with Duffy, one of his best songs in my opinion.

yeah, you're right.. then i realised that...

Someone asked before why he isn't well-known in USA... he says that, as he lives in LA, he wants to be able to walk peacefully.. without anyone following him, or asking for anythig.. he wants to be a stranger, because in England, for example, the paparazis (or whatever it's written..) don't let him alone! he can't go outside without a camera hiden somewhere...

I'm not that sure about this. I know that he said this several times and i can understand that he likes to live somewhere where most people don't know him. But still, his goal or at least his record company's has to be to break the US, because it's the biggest music market.

So I'd say the only reason why his latest album wasn't released in the US is that 'Esacapology' wasn't a success there.

I like Robbie. I can understand why he might come across as arrogant to some people and maybe he is a bit, but i also think he's pretty damned mixed up and misunderstood. He's a good singer/songwriter and a very good showman imo. I think he's done some amazing songs such as Feel, Angels, Come Undone, Millenium and Let Me Entertain You.

As for the new album, well i haven't heard it. I've only heard Tripping which i was very disappointed with as i think it's just dire and he's capable of much better, and Advertising Space which i've heard a lot on the radio and music channels recently and the more i hear it the more i like it :)