✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

I have a mac and I can't right click the flickr pic to get the link, I only have this one but it doesn't do the trick apparently :\ IMGP2307

EDIT:

4655129291_b562cb99c7_b.jpg

Congrats!!!

That is soooo awesome. Life in Technicolor II is one of my all-time favorite songs. Great display too. :o

Jason

Hi, I have added the pic to your post. Hope you don't mind. :uhoh:

Wow, is that a custom-made glass showcase for it?

I see you're collecting watches, are they Swatches?

Oh thank you so much for posting the pic! :) Yes we ordered it in order to avoid dust etc. ^_^ As for the swatches, about 4 years ago me and my sister started a collection don't really know why or how but we ended up with lots of them so we asked dad to make sth like a case to have 'em in the room.

Unfortunately, I still can't play the harp though!!!!

So, today I want to share something fun from my collection, that was NOT part of the "End of a Decade Sale".

These are the two t-shirts screen worn by Chris and Jonny in the movie "Shaun of the Dead", when they made cameo appearances as supporters of the fictional charity ZombAid after former Coldplay members Will and Guy got bitten by zombies. :D

These two shirts were worn on top of their long sleeve shirts in the film.

Assets (costumes and props) used in the production of this film were sold back in 2005, and these two screen worn t-shirts were listed as part of the sale.

4624454558_1bc4bf1e05_b.jpg

So, today I want to share something fun from my collection, that was NOT part of the "End of a Decade Sale".

These are the two t-shirts screen worn by Chris and Jonny in the movie "Shaun of the Dead", when they made cameo appearances as supporters of the fictional charity ZombAid after former Coldplay members Will and Guy got bitten by zombies. :D

These two shirts were worn on top of their long sleeve shirts in the film.

Assets (costumes and props) used in the production of this film were sold back in 2005, and these two screen worn t-shirts were listed as part of the sale.

4624454558_1bc4bf1e05_b.jpg

AWESOMNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, it's been awhile! I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I arrived home after nearly 2 weeks in London to find that the final piece of the display-case puzzle has arrived. Rather timely, given that it arrived during the 10th birthday/anniversary of Parachutes! I will put the final piece in it soon; I might post pictures this weekend, if not, sometime during the week. I'm going to be busy posting my day-by-day diary from the meet-up, since I want to do that first so all of the details are fresh in my memory!

Toodles...

• 1 year later...

My favorite thread has been long neglected...

Thought I would let you know that Julien's Auctions will be offering the Chris Martin jacket sold in the End of the Decade sale as part of their "Legends" auction in China next month (my little write up here). There wasn't a very clear photo of it in the original Coldplay catalog, so here you can get a better look at it.

Coldplay-Chris-Martin-Viva-la-Vida-Jacket-Stage-Used.jpg

You can learn more at www.juliensauctions.com

I know this is one of the pieces they've taken with them to China, and it's also on the back cover of the printed catalog.

If anyone has an better images/video of Chris wearing this jacket, I would love to see them...

Jason

Thanks, very interesting. How awkward to see the jacket like this, its place is in a museum now...!

Here is the best video I could think of ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJP1oOtdCQ&hd=1]Viva la Vida - Coldplay - Parc des Princes 07-09-09 - YouTube[/ame]

Thought I would let you know that Julien's Auctions will be offering the Chris Martin jacket sold in the End of the Decade sale as part of their "Legends" auction in China next month (my little write up here). There wasn't a very clear photo of it in the original Coldplay catalog, so here you can get a better look at it.

I know this is one of the pieces they've taken with them to China, and it's also on the back cover of the printed catalog.

If anyone has an better images/video of Chris wearing this jacket, I would love to see them...

Jason

*waves hello to Jason*

So, wait... an auction house bought the jacket during Coldplay's auction? Is it just me, or does that sound kid of silly? :lol:

*waves hello to Jason*

So, wait... an auction house bought the jacket during Coldplay's auction? Is it just me, or does that sound kid of silly? :lol:

This is one of their consignor auctions, so it is likely that someone purchased it, then consigned it for sale to this auction event...

It would be like if you bought the globe, then decided to sell it, and consigned it to an auction event. Of course, with that example, that would have to be in some alternate universe, and the consignor would be Bizarro-Carrie. :laugh3:

Jason

Wasn't that the promo video for a Viva live DVD? :O

Here is what I know about this footage : the show was shot and edited by Done and dusted TV (Done and dusted was also the company that did Live 2003!) and was only used once, in a huge interview for a south american program called Boombox. You can find the whole interview here in 3 parts; it's actually a really funny interview and they don't only show Viva, but also Lost!, Fix You...

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/2/2011 at 12:33 AM, Jason-DeBord said:

Jason

Saw this thread was bumped and they had a "Legends" auction? Wasn't that what Adventure of a Lifetime was originally called? I guess they started AHFOD before Mylo Xyloto was even done haha

1 hour ago, Carolina* said:

Saw this thread was bumped and they had a "Legends" auction? Wasn't that what Adventure of a Lifetime was originally called? I guess they started AHFOD before Mylo Xyloto was even done haha

This is hilarious...  I posted about Julien's Auctions in that post from 2011, and today I am COO of the company.  

Blacky is sitting behind me in my office right now.  ?

Jason

Edited by Jason-DeBord
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3