✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Agreed - I did send Amanda a message earlier today - don't know if it is at all helpful, but I have imported something in the past that was held up due to its classification as a "textile". I can imagine that she is very frustrated and concerned about the situation. :\

Jason

Thanks for posting pics Jason but more importantly, thanks for your emails.. The info has been extremely helpful!

Between you and the goddess, Debs Wild, I'm slowly but surely sorting through this crap... Trust me, US customs will not deter me from getting my jacket & guitar!

awwww "Blacky" :wacko:

It looks absolutely amazing! That damn Matt needs to stop with all the wiping off of the DNA and stuff. :dozey: R#42 said those butterflies made it into everything and he wasn't joking. :laugh3:

Where's the pic of your COA?

Hey Angie, I'll post a pic of the COA later tonight, and some better photos - I just had wall to wall busy from morning till night last night, and shot some quick photos as I opened up the massive bubblewrap package... :laugh3:

Thanks so much to all for the comments! I'll also take a pic of the nameplate on the back - it's so cool and endearing! ;)

Jason

Thanks for posting pics Jason but more importantly, thanks for your emails.. The info has been extremely helpful!

Between you and the goddess, Debs Wild, I'm slowly but surely sorting through this crap... Trust me, US customs will not deter me from getting my jacket & guitar!

Amanda, I have faith you will sort it out and soon get your stuff - just sorry it has played out like this... it will make it that much sweeter once your pieces finally get to you...

Jason

Love the new pictures! Enjoy your items fellaz.

I'm particularly happy that Blackie went to Jason! - This way we're sure it will be preserved and appreciated under the best conditions possible. :)

Stay tuned for Strawberry Swing costume display which is a work in progress! (I need some butterfly donations to complete my display though..hint, hint)

I'm particularly happy that Blackie went to Jason! - This way we're sure it will be preserved and appreciated under the best conditions possible. :)

Stay tuned for Strawberry Swing costume display which is a work in progress! (I need some butterfly donations to complete my display though..hint, hint)

Okay, now I don't feel so bad for procrastinating on getting my display case. :tongue: There's one last little piece I'm waiting for, but yeah, the delay is almost entirely on my end. I'll also post pics once everything is all together.

Oz, I hardly have any butterflies, otherwise I'd give you some. You may want to consider starting a thread to ask people donate. Not everyone on the forum looks at this thread, so if you start a thread with the title "I NEED YOUR BUTTERFLIES" or something catchy like that, and explain why you need them, it might get some attention (and hence, donations). :flutterby:

Oooh, you got the Strawberry Swing outfit? I have to say I'm a bit jealous :P Congratulations though! :awesome: And take your time with the pictures, I'm sure you want them to be just right.

Oz, I hardly have any butterflies, otherwise I'd give you some. You may want to consider starting a thread to ask people donate. Not everyone on the forum looks at this thread, so if you start a thread with the title "I NEED YOUR BUTTERFLIES" or something catchy like that, and explain why you need them, it might get some attention (and hence, donations). :flutterby:

That's a great idea!

Okay, now I don't feel so bad for procrastinating on getting my display case. :tongue: There's one last little piece I'm waiting for, but yeah, the delay is almost entirely on my end. I'll also post pics once everything is all together.

I sent him a PM. I have a whole giant bag of butterflies. :P

Hmmm... I think we'll just call it Jonny. That ends in a Y, it's as good as anything else. I can see it now, before settling in for the evening she passes by the guitar, "goodnight, Jonny". :sneaky:

Okay, I think I've changed my mind, I'm not gonna call it Jonny. Considering that the black Viva guitar was named Blacky, I'm going to say that your wood-finish guitar is named... WOODY.

:laugh3:

I'm awesome. :smug:

I told you to take a bag to the last concerts :whip: :rolleyes:

:uneasy: ~ Update ~ :\

Apparently, I just may have to wait until kingdom comes... :angry:

Oh, I wish I had some good news...but I don't (at least not yet). I know the radio silence :lipsrsealed2: is frustrating some of the wonderful people who've been so kind with words & messages. I thank you profusely. :hug: So here you go...grab something to drink, sit back, relax, & prepare for some light reading!

:shout:

Needless to say I didn't think my weekend was going to be too terribly wonderful. I had a complete laundry list of information I needed to provide the US government, (some of it very bizarre and obscure but I'm sure they have their reasons for it...) which I received at 3:30 pm the Friday before a holiday weekend. My paperwork was due the following business day by 5:00 p.m. (luckily, Monday)and I wasn't eligible for an extension because my two items reached the maximum waiting time at the port of entry (wrong email/no phone number listed on airbill).

Yep, you could say I was a nervous wreck :wreck:. The way that it was put to me by my point of contact on the phone -- unless I could prove to the government that I'm not a deviant (well, an evil :devil: deviant) trying to smuggle in a whole host of contraband via Guy's jacket & Chris's guitar, then customs could dispose of the items as they see fit. :uhoh:

I needed someone with access to specific (and quite frankly, lunatic) information to get back in touch with me or I'd be up a creek without a paddle. SMJ! SMG! (Save My Jacket! Save My Guitar!) :o

Then things started to brighten up....:sunny:

As if we didn't already know this about her, but Debs Wild is an angel. :angel: A complete godsend. We as fans are so incredibly lucky to have a) a band that cares so highly for us in the first place and b) has a liaison that we can seek out for assistance. She answered my SOS email first thing Saturday morning and vowed to help me track down the information I needed. Actually I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Vicki & CJ, :kiss: Debs enlisted their help too.

Last but not least, the costuming people. :love: These poor costume people -- they had no idea when they helped the guys sew their stuff together that one day, years later, after the touring & Viva era came rearing to a close, they would be asked to recall really peculiar, minute details. STAT.

I'm sure it's oh so easy to come up with the fiber content in percentages for each scrap of material, plus the genetic make-up for each sewing notions making up a one-of-a-kind jacket from memory. Gee, if only wardrobe could view the jacket up close & person, you know, so they could better answer the requested information for customs?!?!?! :idea2: Oh that's right...it's currently packaged in the exact country requesting the ridiculous information (probably right outside the doors of the customs office to boot). Hmpf. :thinking:

I feel rotten putting all of them through such hell! :blush:

Forget the band at the moment-- have I told you how much I love Coldplay's little family of crew, assistants & other management? :laugh1:

As expected, Debs et al pulled through and sent me the information I needed yesterday right around my lunchtime (COB for the UK) -- yeah! :dance: Good thing we're living in different time zones and I received the this info "early" in my day because all of a sudden my 5:00 p.m. deadline...changed.

I received an email at 1:30 pm asking the location of my paperwork because the return process would begin by the end of the day. Exactly what European clock was US customs using to tell time!?!?! It may be 5 o'clock somewhere in the world but not where I currently was, and most certainly not in Arizona!

First my reaction was something along the lines of this :censored: It then it became a bit more like this, :whaaat: to :\ thanks to rereading the email 10,000 times wording of the email.

Sure the deadline moved up a bit, but at least I learned one important thing -- I was no longer considered a threat per se. Now if rejected, my items would be shipped back to the UK (at my expense of course) vs confiscated. :cry: Wahhh, does this mean I'd have to plan a trip to London? :bigcry: How awful!!

Yeah! No more we're going to blow up your stuff because it's potentially hazardous and you're a terrorist :bomb:... I'm now officially a member of the "ehhhh, sorry buddy, :thumbsdown: better luck next time!" list. Movin' on up...to the East Side

How about I bury YOU in some paperwork? :deal2:

I submitted eighteen pages of documentation yesterday to the US government. To give you an idea of exactly how much information, the email from Debs was one page. Lots and lots of tax information showing I'm not running a corporation or planning to open one with the jacket and/or guitar. Plus, the pages from the auction booklet, any ebay documentation, payment information, and correspondence between Gemma (which like many of you was quite a handful of pages).

This little gem has to be one of my favorites though... I had to supply thorough details for the Gibson guitar. Literally, every single detail pertaining to J200 acoustic :guitarist: I was trying to import in the US, which luckily I could pull up, copy & paste from their website.

Why is this so hilarious? Last time I checked, Gibson guitars are manufactured in the United States. :rolleyes: This little baby took an extended holiday to the UK (and just a few other places all over the globe) and now, it just wants to return back home to the US of A. To reject the Gibson guitar entry is like denying a natural born citizen the right to enter his or her own country! :P

The last of the updates: Tuesday: Nothing new really. Paperwork officially "received" this morning via my point of contact (e.g. moved from fax machine into inbox); and I turn, got an email back stating I will have to wait 2 days before I hear the final decision. So until then, I'm just going to sit back, try to take my mind off things, bide my time... One example of how I've wasted time - use of emoticons throughout this message. :laugh3:

I realize this is an extremely long update but rather than type the same info over & over again for a few different people, I'm throwing it all out there at once. :juggle: Now that it's all there too, hope you don't mind if I drop off until I hear something further :vanish:...it's just that I'm already climbing the walls and don't want to subject you to my growing frustration! :embarrassed:

Cheers. :rolleyes: