✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

I hope to be back online with photos tonight, tomorrow at the absolute latest. I promise, promise, promise I never intended to tease & draw out the release of the photos! :laugh3:

[/size]

[/color][/font][/size]

So, you're saying that your middle name isn't Carrie? :lol:

Can't wait to see the pics... do you plan on trying on the jacket?

Whenever I see a "fragile" sticker, all I can think about is that scene from "A Christmas Story" when the father receives the package he won and sees it written on the box, thinks it's a fancy italian word and pronounces it 'fra-JEEL-ay'.

Hello All,

Just a quick note to share with you how much I have enjoyed reading this thread. Am a long time fan of the band. I actually saw them on their first-ever club tour of the states. I was living in Portland, Oregon at the time. I remember driving up to Seattle to see them at the Showbox on one night, then driving back home and seeing them in the Roseland Theater in Portland the next night. The band all had the flu - were just horribly ill. I remember seeing buckets at the side of the stage, ready for them to throw up in!

I was the lucky winner of the "42" guitar. I tried for Blacky, but obviously Jason beat me to it (amazing pictures you've posted, Jason my son).

I also have a tale of woe to tell. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, 42 continues to sit on a dock in East Anglia, England on a "Clearance Delay" with DHL. I have been in contact numerous times with Gemma at KidsCo. She's been wonderful in trying to get things sorted out for me. But the guitar ain't budging yet.

Setting aside my self pity, I just wanted to say hello to this lovely community and offer you some pics of the guitar if/when it arrives. I'm a guitarist myself and have played for many years (including quite a few Coldplay covers). I actually have a solo show scheduled in a small Irish pub in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, June 5. If 42 arrives in time, I will post a few pics of me playing it on stage during the show (in addition to pictures of the guitar without my ugly face).

Anyway - hello to you all, and I will be back in touch at some point once the new addition to the family arrives here in Washington, D.C., USA.

Best,

Douglas

Wow, congrats Douglas (and welcome)! Sorry to hear that you're also dealing with shipping issues... I'm sure once you get it, the wait will be worth it. We all look forward to seeing pics! And maybe at that time you'll also let us know the "name" that Jonny gave it...

Hello All,

Just a quick note to share with you how much I have enjoyed reading this thread. Am a long time fan of the band. I actually saw them on their first-ever club tour of the states. I was living in Portland, Oregon at the time. I remember driving up to Seattle to see them at the Showbox on one night, then driving back home and seeing them in the Roseland Theater in Portland the next night. The band all had the flu - were just horribly ill. I remember seeing buckets at the side of the stage, ready for them to throw up in!

I was the lucky winner of the "42" guitar. I tried for Blacky, but obviously Jason beat me to it (amazing pictures you've posted, Jason my son).

I also have a tale of woe to tell. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, 42 continues to sit on a dock in East Anglia, England on a "Clearance Delay" with DHL. I have been in contact numerous times with Gemma at KidsCo. She's been wonderful in trying to get things sorted out for me. But the guitar ain't budging yet.

Setting aside my self pity, I just wanted to say hello to this lovely community and offer you some pics of the guitar if/when it arrives. I'm a guitarist myself and have played for many years (including quite a few Coldplay covers). I actually have a solo show scheduled in a small Irish pub in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, June 5. If 42 arrives in time, I will post a few pics of me playing it on stage during the show (in addition to pictures of the guitar without my ugly face).

Anyway - hello to you all, and I will be back in touch at some point once the new addition to the family arrives here in Washington, D.C., USA.

Best,

Douglas

Welcome Douglas. More shipping issues I see. Is that bloody volcano causing your delay? Glad to hear you'll be actually playing the guitar.

As for your guitar's name, since it's an all "F" tuning I'll guess "Effey" :P

My guitar's name is so "ironic" and no one has been able to guess it.

Hello All,

Best,

Douglas

Welcome Douglas. More shipping issues I see. Is that bloody volcano causing your delay? Glad to hear you'll be actually playing the guitar.

Wow! Congratulations Douglas, and welcome to Coldplaying!

Nice to see that even more true fans won the precious items! :awesome:

(Carrie we'll need an update now!)

Shame about the delay, good to hear Gemma is helping though.

There have been many tales of 'Angst' about delayed items. :sweatdrop:

But I guess it makes it all the more sweeter when they finally do arrive.

Although I wouldn't know, I didn't win anything. :bigcry:

Someone stole Guy's jacket from me. :rolleyes: :P

Can't wait to see the pics! :awesome:

Angie - is it Sunny?!?!?! :inquisitive:

I haven't got the book yet, but I did hear that name dropped in the book thread.

Congratulations! I remember bidding on that item as well...

Really looking forward to all the new pictures though!

:bomb:

So, it's not Blondy or Woody? Shall I take the obvious route and say Jonny? Hmm, ironic you say... maybe it's YOUR name, but spelled Angy? :lol:

Since it's a Thinline, maybe Thinny? Humbucky? Are ANY of these on the right track?!? :bigcry:

(Carrie we'll need an update now!)[/color]
No, you'll have to wait a little while longer. :sneaky: The case has arrived, but I'm still waiting for the plaque. I'll post final pics once that last piece gets here. But, Jason does approve of it so far in the preliminary pics. (ha ha, I'm evil, I tease you; but if you must see I can reluctantly send on fb)

Hello everyone - thanks for your kind hellos and how-dos.

Nope - the volcano is not holding up the shipping. I actually think it is due to the fact that, apparently, the item is labelled a "Telecaster", which is an accurate description of the guitar. However, the DHL representative stated that she did not know what a "Telecaster" was - perhaps if the item had been labelled "guitar" I would have had it by now.

My angst is compounded by the fact that the guitar is still in England! God knows what kind of customs inspection/delay awaits its arrival in the United States.

I will indeed be playing the guitar. I think the best way to love a musical instrument is to play it. But I won't be altering it or taking it on trips. Just playing it on special occasions. And due to its strange tuning, I might have to have the neck adjusted once I tune it back to standard concert pitch. But I know a guy that will give it all the right TLC.

And I will be delighted to share its name with all of you. I would not be shocked for it to be called "42", but there is a certain roadie with that name also. You wouldn't want someone to be confused as to whether "42" refers to a guitar or a certain human being, I suppose.

In any case, I will let you know promptly upon its arrival . . . hopefully sometime before 2011.

It's my lunch break, so I think I will pull up a youtube clip of them playing "42" live somewhere and just pine for my new baby. <sigh>

douglas

Welcome, Douglas!

I'm really glad another "new parent" made his way over to CPing. :)

That is such an awesome guitar - congrats! I absolutely love that song, so it's really special that there is a specific guitar that is designed/tuned just for one song. And it looks cool too!

Maybe its name is "Forty-Two-Y"? :laugh3:

Jason

I will indeed be playing the guitar. I think the best way to love a musical instrument is to play it. But I won't be altering it or taking it on trips. Just playing it on special occasions. And due to its strange tuning, I might have to have the neck adjusted once I tune it back to standard concert pitch. But I know a guy that will give it all the right TLC.

It's a good thing you will be playing the guitar. I'm not sure if you will actually get the guitar tuned all F. I remember reading that some of the guitars were tuned back to standard tuning. My telecaster came in EADGBE as well, however I am sure Jonny used it for trouble which is in EADGBD. It would be very interesting though, if the guitar is still in all F.

I've recorded some covers of trouble by the way, using the guitar. If there's any interest perhaps I could upload one?

Is it Thinny or Telly? :wacko:

So, it's not Blondy or Woody? Shall I take the obvious route and say Jonny? Hmm, ironic you say... maybe it's YOUR name, but spelled Angy? :lol:

Since it's a Thinline, maybe Thinny? Humbucky? Are ANY of these on the right track?!? :bigcry:

No, you'll have to wait a little while longer. :sneaky: The case has arrived, but I'm still waiting for the plaque. I'll post final pics once that last piece gets here. But, Jason does approve of it so far in the preliminary pics. (ha ha, I'm evil, I tease you; but if you must see I can reluctantly send on fb)

It's a good thing you will be playing the guitar. I'm not sure if you will actually get the guitar tuned all F. I remember reading that some of the guitars were tuned back to standard tuning. My telecaster came in EADGBE as well, however I am sure Jonny used it for trouble which is in EADGBD. It would be very interesting though, if the guitar is still in all F.

I've recorded some covers of trouble by the way, using the guitar. If there's any interest perhaps I could upload one?

Haha, Carrie I was actually talking about updating the Auction winners list! :P

And you already sent me pics of the case - albeit minus the globe and plaque. :(

Sabesie I would love to hear your covers!

Awesome new siggy Jason! :awesome:

Could you at least tell us if it ends with a Y, Texasluvsjonny?

It does end in a "Y".

None of those. And before anyone asks it's not "crazy" or "stalky" either :P

Is it Thinny or Telly? :wacko:
nope

BUMPED FOR ANOTHER UPDATE MAY 21...

Lot 2 - Guy's Blue Rickenbacker 4001 - rickenbacker - £4,250

Lot 3 - Takamine Guitar - lo&loud - £5,800

Lot 6 - Parachutes Globe - NumbersGirl - £8,100

Lot 8 - Chris' Yamaha CP70 - christopher Martin - £4,000

Lot 9 - Fender Rhodes piano - lo&loud - £2,505

Lot 10 - Jonny's first pedalboard - lo&loud - £510

Lot 13 - Shiver Lith - DriftedFar^ - £670

Lot 15 - Don't Panic Lith #1 - Pallavi - £650

Lot 17 - Jonny's Fender Thinline Telecaster - Texasluvsjonny - £3,500

Lot 18 - Jonny's Black Fender JD Telecaster - sabesie - £2,800

Lot 23 - Jonny's AROBTTH poster - Sirhc - £820

Lot 27 - Yellow Lith #1 - DriftedFar^ - £1,021.83

Lot 31 - Chris' Gibson J200 KC1 "Til Kingdom Come" - Afeather - £5,100

Lot 32 - Chris' Gibson J200 M1 "A Message" - bonedaddy - £5,650

Lot 35 - Jonny's X&Y Platinum signed disc - cypherjan - £2,550

Lot 38 - Will's Drum from "Talk" video - lo&loud - £1,850

Lot 39 - Jonny's Viva Guitar - Jason-DeBord - £15,000

Lot 45 - Autoharp - silver.lining42 - £3,600

Lot 46 - Guy's Viva Jacket - Afeather - £4,800

Lot 50 - Jonny's Telecaster "42" - douglas - £6,600

Lot 52 - Strawberry Swing Outfit - lo&loud - £6,100

So... , the total bids for Coldplayers (at least for those who have mentioned their wins on this thread) is over £85,000. That's over a third of the total amount raised in the auction! Way to go, Coldplayers!