✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Chiming in to the conversation to let you know that I won one of the "In My Place" signed lithographs. IMP is one of my favorite Coldplay songs! The lithograph is beautiful and is gorgeous framed. It's in its own place of honor in my house. I won it for 850 BP.

I would post a photo but for some reason the forum isn't letting me!

Jilly

Okay, let's see if today brings me better luck with Image Shack ~

Item 31, Chris's* Gibson J200, "Til Kingdom Come" Guitar

Although I guess "technically" Chris's as per the auction booklet, I've discovered every member of the band played this guitar at some point, most recently Will & Jonny during the LA tour.

EDIT: I'll post some "regular" photos in a bit -- aka, ones without funky filters or cropping.

dsc0170zk.th.jpg

Yes, I took a picture of the DHL Guy. Considering just the day before I was told my items wouldn't arrive until middle of next week, I was ecstatic to say the least.

guitaronfloor.th.jpg

caseonfloorreversecolor.th.jpg

casecloseupcinemainstan.th.jpg

closeupofcase74instantm.th.jpg

dsc0067na.th.jpg

closeupofguitarroundedc.th.jpg

mustachepickupsorginalr.th.jpg

closeupofstrings.th.jpg

guitartitlecolorcross74.th.jpg

Chris's handwriting with "God Put a Smile" followed by "Til Kingdom Come"

downshotoriginal.th.jpg

Shot to show the wood grain

headstockcolorcrosscine.th.jpg

Probably difficult to see due b/c I played around with filters after the fact, but glow in the dark tape (yellow) at the top of the headstock.

dsc0143q.th.jpg

Welcome to the board, Douglas! Sorry to hear of your shipping woes -- many of us here can relate. It's amazing how the simplest things like "Telecaster" vs "guitar" can throw a wrench into things. If you wouldn't mind sharing, which pub are you playing in June?

Well, as an update, I've emailed my contact at Coldplay to ask if there is anything she can do to resolve the situation. I also had problems with payment via PayPal to KidsCo, so I emailed my contact, Arlene, and she had things straightened out in no time. So, I am hoping she might be able to help me yet again. I am beginning to see the words "Clearance Delay" in my dreams . . .

I am playing at the fabulous Nanny O'Brien's in Cleveland Park. It is here:

http://www.nannyobriens.com/

Just down the street from my home, so it is never far to stagger after a long night.

Currently working up versions of Clocks, Trouble, Don't Panic, Spies, and Sparks (bet you can't guess which my favorite CP album is). Doubt I will play Sparks though, as it is such a quiet song. Might not be too suited for a Saturday night in an Irish pub. We'll see.

I am playing at the fabulous Nanny O'Brien's in Cleveland Park. It is here:

http://www.nannyobriens.com/

Just down the street from my home, so it is never far to stagger after a long night.

Currently working up versions of Clocks, Trouble, Don't Panic, Spies, and Sparks (bet you can't guess which my favorite CP album is). Doubt I will play Sparks though, as it is such a quiet song. Might not be too suited for a Saturday night in an Irish pub. We'll see.

I don't suppose someone will be recording your performance(s)? That would be pretty awesome to see you play.

Also, another beautiful song (and relatively short) is See You Soon. Although it's meant more for an acoustic guitar, but...

Hello!

All those pictures have been absolutely amazing!!! The "til kingdom come" guitar, blacky, chris' fender rhodes, everything looks awesome! :) I had won the Vivaharp but I had exams till pretty much last Friday so I couldn't participate much on the forum! I will try and upload a picture of the harp in its case later! Cheers!

Hello!

All those pictures have been absolutely amazing!!! The "til kingdom come" guitar, blacky, chris' fender rhodes, everything looks awesome! :) I had won the Vivaharp but I had exams till pretty much last Friday so I couldn't participate much on the forum! I will try and upload a picture of the harp in its case later! Cheers!

Congratulations! I can't wait to see them! :awesome:

Although I guess "technically" Chris's as per the auction booklet, I've discovered every member of the band played this guitar at some point, most recently Will & Jonny during the LA tour.

dsc0067na.th.jpg

Wait, is that the same one they loaned Noel Gallagher for that charity show they did together or just a lookalike?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIy3K8N7O0]YouTube- Chris Martin & Noel Gallagher - Live Forever[/ame]

Either way, awesome. :cool:

Wait, is that the same one they loaned Noel Gallagher for that charity show they did together or just a lookalike?

Either way, awesome. :cool:

no, its not the same one, thats noels guitar, i can tell because it has the adidas sticker on it