✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Spanish Rain?!

In a telescope lens

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a shit title, seriously

and well, i don't know why everybody is saying Don Quixote when it's always been spelled Don Quijote:

imgDon%20Quijote%20de%20La%20Mancha4.jpg

The original title of Cervantes' book is El ingenioso hidalgo don Quixote de la Mancha. In modern Spanish it is Don Quijote, in English it is Don Quixote.

WOW. On first listen, I love this song. It's so joyful. Fantastic! :D Thank you so much for the video and MM link! Jonny was really enthusiastic about those olé olé olés haha.

I had a little spooky moment today, was flicking through my TV channels and I saw the words "Don Quixote", it was the film version of the story haha. If I'd seen it just a day earlier I wouldn't have even thought about it. I switched it on just as it was finishing though. ):

The best thing I could come up with. :confused:

DQ.jpg?t=1267317461

That's good :)

After a long long day I have to say one thing...

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I hope they put it on their next album. :kiss:

LOVE COLDPLAY NOS VEMOS EN EL FORO SOL, 6 DE MARZO!

This song is fucking sick.

THIS!!!

:wacky:

I freakin' LOVE this song and I want a recorded version like RIGHT NOW. :freak:

THIS!!!

By the way, this song shows me they're serious about the new album not being as mainstream as VLV.

It's much different, in a good way, of course. :wacky:

EDIT: This song actually kind of reminds me of their AROBTTH days. Which makes me very, very happy.

AND THIS!!!!!!

The best thing I could come up with. :confused:

DQ.jpg?t=1267317461

that's great, christina! :D

By the way, this song shows me they're serious about the new album not being as mainstream as VLV.

It's much different, in a good way, of course. :wacky:

EDIT: This song actually kind of reminds me of their AROBTTH days. Which makes me very, very happy.

Yeah, I don't know about not being mainstream. This song seems as mainstream as any. If anything I thought Viva was less mainstream than most of their albums. It was pop, but not mainstream pop.

I don't see any real difference in this. It's certainly an upbeat song, but Viva was an upbeat despite it's darker lyrics.

The thing is, this is also them performing the song live. Songs change a lot in the live presentation. They lose a lot and they gain other aspects.

I said in the live thread that I thought this song might make the album. But after reading some of these comments, I'm beginning to think it won't make it past the tour on an album. Maybe it'll be a b-side.

Also, as so many have noted, a good deal of it sounds like Bruce.

Jajaja such a Title!!

They could have played it in BCN last concert..!!! ohhh chris could have tried with spanish at singing, it could have been fun! I prefer Spanish rain better than Don Quijote or Quixote (I don't know whot to spell it in English)... for the title, I've always hated that character, don't know why, suppose it's because we're made to read it always.!

I wish their next album is more like X&Y and AROBTTH than Viva

:awesome: I'm really excited, I hope the new album is like this, cause if they have a lot of songs that have like guitars like this in them... I will be the happiest person EVER :wideeyed:

THIS!!! :D:wacky:

I've literally had it on repeat for like 24 hours :wacky:

Also, if you download the bootleg from the concert, you get a MUCH better version of the song! :wideeyed::wacky::freak: