• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed again! :P:dance:

:dance:! OHYEAH!

THIS!!! :D:wacky:

I've literally had it on repeat for like 24 hours :wacky:

Also, if you download the bootleg from the concert, you get a MUCH better version of the song! :wideeyed::wacky::freak:

I know! I have the full version that's like 5 minutes long. I've listened to it 45 times already :wacky:!

ZOMG I love it, it's just so great :P :surprised:

How many versions are out there now ... :thinking:

At least they didn't do a cover of "Chocolate Rain" :uhoh:

HAHAHAH :laugh1:

Aww darn, that's my favorite song :disappointed:

The song played on the show is called Don Quixote, maybe it's the same one they were thinking when they wrote spanish rain and just changed the title afterwards, or maybe spanish rain is another song. More than once coldplay have used kind of the same phrase in a song and later on on song title, like 'now my feet won't touch the ground' is a song name, but that phrase also appears on LiTii.. I've noticed the same happened in another songs, like they have a same idea going on in differents songs...

just a thought anyways.

Has anyone made the connection between the Sherlock Holmes song, Chris had on the board and Don Quixote. They are both famous novels written centeuries ago and this is probably the route LP5 is going in. As Chris said last year "... I think the next one will be quite stripped-down and based upon this story idea which I can't talk about because it might be bad." So LP5 could be a collection of songs based on stories. This will also explain why the newer material (Wedding Bells and Don Quixote) sound like The Boss's music, as Bruce's music is really a story put to music.

Have any of you guys had this idea? I want to hear those opinions too! If anyone can find me some quotes by other Coldplayers saying something simular to this I would be very grateful.

If not, what are your opinions on this theory and your own theories?

Has anyone made the connection between the Sherlock Holmes song, Chris had on the board and Don Quixote. They are both famous novels written centuries ago and this is probably the route LP5 is going in. As Chris said last year "... I think the next one will be quite stripped-down and based upon this story idea which I can't talk about because it might be bad." So LP5 could be a collection of songs based on stories. This will also explain why the newer material (Wedding Bells and Don Quixote) sound like The Boss's music, as Bruce's music is really a story put to music.

Have any of you guys had this idea? I want to hear those opinions too! If anyone can find me some quotes by other Coldplayers saying something similar to this I would be very grateful.

that is very clever, rachel! :cheesy:

i think it would be awesome if that's true. :wacky:

Has anyone made the connection between the Sherlock Holmes song, Chris had on the board and Don Quixote. They are both famous novels written centeuries ago and this is probably the route LP5 is going in. As Chris said last year "... I think the next one will be quite stripped-down and based upon this story idea which I can't talk about because it might be bad." So LP5 could be a collection of songs based on stories. This will also explain why the newer material (Wedding Bells and Don Quixote) sound like The Boss's music, as Bruce's music is really a story put to music.

Have any of you guys had this idea? I want to hear those opinions too! If anyone can find me some quotes by other Coldplayers saying something simular to this I would be very grateful.

that is a great connection!!

that is very clever, rachel! :cheesy:

i think it would be awesome if that's true. :wacky:

That would be truly truly truly awesome! A album that take's the titles of famous novels! I mean...I'm sure some might have issues with this, questioning the bands creativity - but personally I think that's incredibly clever and cool!

I want to know if anyone else has mentioned this though. Maybe I'm reading into Chris's words before the song too much, but he makes it clear to say, "This is a new song".

I have NO IDEA why he would say that if it weren't potentially album material. I mean come on! They did plenty of goofy songs throughout the World Tour that clearly weren't given much thought to. But he said, "this is a new song".

I would love so much if this were a new song. Listening to the high quality download has made me like the song even more!

An album with story song titles...:smug:

That would be truly truly truly awesome! A album that take's the titles of famous novels! I mean...I'm sure some might have issues with this, questioning the bands creativity - but personally I think that's incredibly clever and cool!

I want to know if anyone else has mentioned this though. Maybe I'm reading into Chris's words before the song too much, but he makes it clear to say, "This is a new song".

I have NO IDEA why he would say that if it weren't potentially album material. I mean come on! They did plenty of goofy songs throughout the World Tour that clearly weren't given much thought to. But he said, "this is a new song".

I would love so much if this were a new song. Listening to the high quality download has made me like the song even more!

An album with story song titles...:smug:

I agree! I don't think it's uncreative at all, I think it would be really clever. :nice:

I would love it too! It's at least b-side worthy, imo! :D

I agree with Brooke! :wacky:

Very interesting thoughts, Rachel. :nice:

(:lol: This made me think of all the theories we had about the new design on the homepage, haha. Good times :rolleyes:)

I remember that. If those ideas are still true, we could have a wedding-themed storybook album!

Don't forget Great Expectations :rolleyes: that was on there too.