✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have you ever...?

djibou

Yeah I don't know I completely forgot about this thread :p Fuck going back to my thing a month ago, I got sun burnt again, it is so stupid honestly in Australia you like go for a 10min walk anytime during the day and you'll get burnt. I think I've just got to start putting on sunscreen every morning, I've been burnt enough now that'll I'll probably have to deal with skin cancer when I'm older :// it's so bad with my light European skin but I should know better by now.

Ugh Anyway, I think I may have actually sleep walked before when I was really young. Have you ever had sleep paralysis before? (it's ultra scary, especially when you are a kid and don't know what's happening).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can give an explanation for that. I have encountered it numerous times.

When your body is asleep, specifically in rapid eye movement, or REM stage, your body numbs itself into a state where for the most part you can't move. You simply don't have the energy too, it's like your stuck in place, and you don't have the strength to do it. This is called REM atonia, and is what is casually known as "sleep paralysis". It is a completely natural phase that protects your body from acting out dreams and accidentally hurting itself. Usually upon waking it wears off, or perhaps even just before, as most times we can move freely, even though we may be tired, we can still move if we really wanted. However, there are rare cases for most of us that happen when we do find ourselves unable to move. This is waking sleep paralysis and can be caused due to not enough sleep, jet lag which is when your "circadian rhythm", which is essentially your body's clock that controls when you feel hungry, tired, etc. among numerous other physiological processes, gets thrown out of hand due to rapid change of time zones and thus what time of day it actually is which is usually linked to the circadian rhythm, particular disorders, or perhaps just a freak occurence. As children this can be very frightening, as we usually don't know any of this, and our imaginations are still really wild, which may cause hallucinations of frightening figures. Even at an older age, people who are not informed of this can be thrown way off and naturally hallucinate themselves, for the brain is extremely powerful - the power of belief, especially in quiet and undisturbed places, can very easily trick the brain into thinking something's there (and actually hallucinate it). It doesn't help that we are rather close to REM sleep at this point, where dreams naturally occur. It's almost like dreaming while awake, as you are in a very similar state to normal dreaming state.

So basically that's what this whole "sleep paralysis" thing is about. It may seem frightening at first, but after learning a bit about how it works like I've shown you here, it will hopefully put any fears you have of it to rest. Any figures you do encounter or have heard of are fictional and imaginary and are hallucinations caused by being extremely close to a dream state, being easily susceptible to believe things are there that aren't there, which is even easier in the dark.

However, you can actually use waking sleep paralysis to your advantage, Knowing all of this, it is possible to have a pleasent experience, and pleasent creatures visiting you. In fact, you can use this as a stepping stone to a phenomenon known as lucid dreaming, which is knowing when you're dreaming. Some of the lucky ones among us do this entirely naturally! You can do pretty much anything you would like, from flying to eating as much as you want of your favorite food. Your imagination is your limit! It is a bit tricky for a complete beginner to make use of waking sleep paralysis to lucid dream, and I would recommend getting to know some more about it first. If you want to learn more, search up World of Lucid Dreaming, it is an awesome website containing tons of information about lucid dreaming, and is the perfect place to get started. Their articles have helped me tremendously with this, and believe me, this is something you do want to try. Who doesn't want to have fun in their dreams?

So yes. I have had experiences with it and have attempted to use it to lucid dream before, and kind of suceeded a few times, although they quickly ended.

SQ

• Like 1

yeah it is pretty interesting, I still just remember what I "dreamt" of whilst in sleep paralysis. It is really weird like I was looking at a house at a distance and there were massive sharp spikes all around it. I think I was trying to get to the house for whatever reason and it like scared me shitless ahahaha.

Anyway have you ever sat through a lecture and not really understood anything?

Yeah, when leaving high school I had such awesome physics and chemistry teachers that I had to thank them, for just making science awesome. Have you ever pulled an all nighter to finish assignments or cram study?

• Like 2

Have you ever pulled an all nighter to finish assignments or cram study?

Oooh, many times. But it's one of the most destructive and self-harming things one can do, especially if it's more than once. The allnighter itself is not the problem if you can sleep in the morning, but if you do NOT have time to sleep and have to go through the entire next day without having slept in the night...there are moments when you wish you were never born, at least that's what it was like for me when I used to do it. I am not doing it anymore, it affected my health and I hope I will never have to do it again.

sorry for the rant :p

Same question back

No I haven't yet for study means, I mean I've stayed up later than normal doing study stuff but never the whole night. Like I try and space my stuff out because I know I just couldn't do it. Having so much to do the night before, would give me so much stress and anxiety that the end result would be awful. On top of the lack of sleep...

But I have missed out on whole nights of sleep due to friends being asses or going climbing up a mountain to see the sunrise... And the next day I just feel so terrible and I get so depressed, like I need sleep or my mental health suffers too.

One of my friends though like thrives on the smallest amount of sleep and I wonder how he keeps everything together.

Have you ever received a break up letter?

A rush of blood to the head is in my head and this just came to mind :P

Yeah it was really beautiful and there were quite a few people up there so it was a pretty cool feeling of togetherness. But after the climb back down, I just felt so bad and tired and ehhhhh, especially riding back in my friend's van that contained the summer heat like a greenhouse.

Yeah kinda, I mean it was like a month after the breakup explaining to me what happened really because I was pretty confused.

Have you ever been to Australia?

Ahhh you mountain bike that's so cool, I mountain bike too :)) you should go tubeless if you haven't already because they are a lot harder to puncture. Yeah I have driven a car and can drive auto pretty well, learning manual right now.

Have you even launched yourself over your handlebars whilst mountain biking?

Ahhh you mountain bike that's so cool, I mountain bike too :)) you should go tubeless if you haven't already because they are a lot harder to puncture. Yeah I have driven a car and can drive auto pretty well, learning manual right now.

Have you even launched yourself over your handlebars whilst mountain biking?

Oh yes I have, multiple times with my bollocks onto the bar aswell. I went tubeless last year, not a single puncture or blow out since :D Same question back!

God I have smashed my balls against the handlebars whilst road riding, pretty much came up to a hairpin turn, which had a concrete wall on one side of the turn. There was also "slow down!" painted on the bike track but I thought that they were just bullshitting... I ended up smashing into the wall and yeah smashing my balls, I got a little bit of sympathy from a guy passing but not much because I was an idiot ahahaha.

But yeah for the question yeah many many times, I think it is just part of the sport. Sometimes it's is due to being unlucky or hitting the breaks too late. But I've also been unlucky enough to get the seat post hitting my ass and that's a whole new level of pain... Do you ride down a lot of steep stuff like downhill or more like trail riding?

Also, I should say another have you ever question: so have you ever gotten pulled over by the police?

No but I've really disappointed myself and been hurt by someone at the same time that I had to just walk away.

Same question

Yes I have, I have a hard relationship with my brother who's driven me nuts many times! :p

Have you ever been away from this site for longer than a year? ( 'Cause this is my first post in 4 years, hello coldplaying! :D )

• Like 1