✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

biggest band: Kings of Leon or Coldplay

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay are much bigger. They have been popular worldwide pretty much since Parachutes and especially since AROBTTH. KOL only really gained international recognition with their last album. They are hot right now, but they'll probably fade.

Kol are bigger than coldplay in some ways. Almost everybody in my school prefers kol to cp. But Kings Of Leon are massively overrated, tey are boring. And sex on fire is a bad song.

Wheras it's a different story for Coldplay. They are massively underrated. Whenever I say coldplay to a friend, they always say...Viva La Vida. That song ruined coldplay I think. People are so attached to that song, they don't hear all of Coldplay's better songs, like Politik, Lost!, Warning Sign, the list goes on.

What I'm trying to say is that Kings Of Leon are more popular than coldplay and are not as good as they're made out to be and like Coldplay's Viva La Vida, Sex On Fire is the only song by them that is listened to, and that it's not such a good song.

Guess what i voted :shy:

Eeeeehhh :\ I have to completely disagree with you :blush:^^

Kings of Leon are truly underrated and Sex on Fire has ruined them. While Coldplay's VLV is more known, a crapload of people know Clocks, Speed of Sound, Yellow... they have radio air play while KoL had not even been heard of til their last album, which again is a shame. They're not boring at all :laugh3:, just more complex than your usual lovey dovey piano, guitar driven pop rock songs :nice:

Guess what i voted :shy:

Sorry my friend... I've voted Coldplay. Cause as much as I love KOL, CP is bigger than KOL. Been under the spotlight AND successfull for much longer than KOL, and worldwide. I *think* KOL are still pretty low key on some parts of the world (asia?). AND KOL are not yet a stadium band...(don't count festivals).

Kings of Leon are truly underrated and Sex on Fire has ruined them.

Yes and no. Pity (like CP with Viva) that only one or 2 songs (counting Use somebody) that is aired too much but this may have push some people to listen to their other stuff and become fans. So it's a good thing in a way :)

I had to vote Coldplay because in terms of success, 'world domination' :lol: etc, they are undeniably the bigger band. Take Viva la Vida, for example: it was the best-selling album of 2008, it has become the most paid-for downloaded album of all time and has been certified AT LEAST 2x platinum in 12 different countries. Oh, and the official Viva la Vida music video has 59,277,863 views on Youtube. Now compare this to Kings of Leon. Only By The Night did nearly as well as Viva la Vida, but aside from that, all Coldplay's albums have had a huge amount of success whereas this was KOL's first mega-successful album. I think we have a clear winner for that poll :lol: Of course, when it comes down to personal preference I would still pick Coldplay over KOL any day (they are my favourite band after all, and IMO the best in the world right now) but people can choose what they want, naturally. Please forgive the essay :P

Coldplay have a bigger fan base (hardcore fans...so basically you guys) everywhere because they've been around for a longer time. But KoL is more popular, cause everyone is likely to know the songs from OBTN, just because it gets played on the radio so much at least where I live, while the only song that actually got horribly overplayed from VLVADAAHF was Viva la vida. And I'm just comparing the last albums from both bands. But Coldplay is the "bigger" band, they're able to put on bigger shows and sell out larger venues...