✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

biggest band: Kings of Leon or Coldplay

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love both bands. Coldplay will always hold a special place in my heart. Coldplay is still the "bigger" band and will be for some time yet, I believe! KOL have some very big shoes to fill if they ever plan on getting to Coldplay status.

Coldplay is DEFINITELY bigger AND better than Kings Of Leon!

Honestely it pisses me off when poeple compare them. Their music are completely different. I mean Coldplay music is far more subtle and "sophiticated". To me, KOL just want to look like this badass rock band cliché and it's quiet ridiculous. I would more likely compare them to U2.

Anyway, no offense, that's just my opinion.

To me, KOL just want to look like this badass rock band cliché and it's quiet ridiculous.

KOL are not trying to look 'badass'... :inquisitive: If you think that, then you'll misunderstand their music. To understand, you just have to look at Caleb (singer and songwriter of the band). The guy is very sensitiv (honestly, I've never seen a frontman so unsure of himself and so 'puzzled' by the love of his public) and his lyrics are really raw and filled with ache... For example, just read the lyrics of a song like 'Cold desert' to understand...

I'm on the corner waiting for a light to come on

that's when i know that you're alone

it's cold in the desert water never sees the ground

special ones walk on without sound

told me you love me, that i'd never die alone

hand over your heart let's go on

everyone knowed it everyone has seen the signs

i've always been known to cross lines

i never ever cried when i was feeling down

ive always been scared of the sound

jesus don't love me no-one ever carried my load

im too young to feel this old

nobody knows

nobody sees

nobody but me

And now watch their performance, the guy is putting is guts out there...really moving...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfP4Ps_M8c]YouTube- Kings Of Leon Cold Desert Live At The O2 London[/ame]

As for their musical style,as Caleb said, if they were only him and Nathan on the band, they would be playing country on obscur bars XD

Sorry for this long post on KOL :rolleyes: (LONG LIVE COLDPLAY :D )

KOL are not trying to look 'badass'... :inquisitive: If you think that, then you'll misunderstand their music. To understand, you just have to look at Caleb (singer and songwriter of the band). The guy is very sensitiv (honestly, I've never seen a frontman so unsure of himself and so 'puzzled' by the love of his public) and his lyrics are really raw and filled with ache... For example, just read the lyrics of a song like 'Cold desert' to understand...

nobody knows

nobody sees

nobody but me

And now watch their performance, the guy is putting is guts out there...really moving...

YouTube- Kings Of Leon Cold Desert Live At The O2 London

As for their musical style,as Caleb said, if they were only him and Nathan on the band, they would be playing country on obscur bars XD

Ok, you know I'm sorry for being judgmental because you obviously know them better than I do! And I can't deny the fact that they put passion in their music but I guess I just don't feel it. :confused: So when I hear them or see their music videos the truth is I don't enjoy the music and I almost want to laugh at their style. :embarrassed:

I guess it's just hard to understand when people compare something you love to death and something you don't like !

:)

nobody knows

nobody sees

nobody but me

YouTube- Kings Of Leon Cold Desert Live At The O2 London

Fuck me, Cold Desert is genius :wacky:

Their latest album, i can see how people assume they're some rock cliche... even though they're not, def. not to be compared to U2... Caleb is no Bono...

:wink3: :kiss: Caleb :wacky: :love:

I love their older stuff, though :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLaJkbkG5NI]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - Molly's Chambers[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EosX5fqTDSk]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - King Of The Rodeo[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCd1vXsvkV4]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - Charmer[/ame]

:wideeyed:

Definitely an acquired taste but, damn, they're one of the best modern acts out there, very talented & promising.

In the next few years I see themselves getting their drunk, sexy, Southern boy asses up to maybe being one of the biggest rock bands in the world, for now though, they remain underrated IMO :blush:

Ok, you know I'm sorry for being judgmental because you obviously know them better than I do! And I can't deny the fact that they put passion in their music but I guess I just don't feel it. :confused: So when I hear them or see their music videos the truth is I don't enjoy the music and I almost want to laugh at their style. :embarrassed:

I guess it's just hard to understand when people compare something you love to death and something you don't like !

:)

Everybody has their tastes, and it's fine you don't like them but don't put a 'sticker' on them without knowing their full story ;)

I know :awesome:

Their latest album, i can see how people assume they're some rock cliche...

+1

even though they're not, def. not to be compared to U2... Caleb is no Bono...

Caleb is the opposite of Bono...Bono is confident and showing off, Caleb is frighten to death to go on stage and decieve his audience as well as he's frighten by how big they've become...

I love their old stuff.. King of rodeooooo :awesome:

Ones of my fav *cries*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTkdT4PCN6Q]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - On Call Reading Fesival 07[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZmWE8JG3M]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9LGhItcBU]YouTube- Kings Of Leon - California Waiting[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZF03Q_SgBw]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Definitely an acquired taste but, damn, they're one of the best modern acts out there, very talented & promising.

In the next few years I see themselves getting their drunk, sexy, Southern boy asses up to maybe being one of the biggest rock bands in the world, for now though, they remain underrated IMO :blush:

This!

(sorry for turning this thread in a KOL one XD)

Everybody has their tastes, and it's fine you don't like them but don't put a 'sticker' on them without knowing their full story ;)

Caleb is the opposite of Bono...Bono is confident and showing off, Caleb is frighten to death to go on stage and decieve his audience as well as he's frighten by how big they've become...

I feel stupid now. :shame: :facepalm:

^You and me, we should unite to get some of these CPers on the KoL bandwagon :wacky:

Hahahahaha, everyone needs a little Caleb, Nathan, Jared, Matt in their lives! :wink3: :bomb:

*big shiny eyes* :wacky:

^You and me, we should unite to get some of these CPers on the KoL bandwagon :wacky:

:lol: but I'm afraid you can't force people to like them...We can just hope they feel the 'KOL love' :rolleyes:

Hahahahaha, everyone needs a little Caleb, Nathan, Jared, Matt in their lives! :wink3: :bomb:

*big shiny eyes* :wacky:

ahh yes! :smug:

Their latest album, i can see how people assume they're some rock cliche... even though they're not, def. not to be compared to U2... Caleb is no Bono...

:wideeyed:

*agrees with everything Ivet said*

@Marisa :smug:

^I know I was :wink3:

:disappointed:

:wink:

KoL is a pretty good band(in my top 5 I'm sure) but I'm not in love with them like ivet n a-chan :D

Their music does not have the popular feel to them really (except maybe Use Somebody)...and Coldplay has it.(IMO...)