✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tired Pony

Black Rose

@Aurélie: your pics are great!! So, better than mine! XD

We made a good team, you taking the photos and me the vides! :smug: I wanna go back in time sooo badly!...

@Jen: Gary's autograph is the one under the red one! (He just writes "gary")

I don't know if I'm gonna eat the sweets I got with the signed postcard; I might keep them as a souvenir :p

Here's another vid I took, it's an extract of The Good Book:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome everyone! I'll edit to put the name of the performer above each photo.

@V: yeah, team V/A FTW :cool:

Aurelie- gorgeous photos! and awesome keepsake of all the autographs... who exactly is everyone?

I can read Peter, Iain, Jacknife Lee and Troy... is that Gary to the left of the postmark? I don't know if I've ever seen his signature before! :)

Yeah, Gary just wrote 'Gary' as he did also on my booklet where Peter signed too above him. On the Postcard, the rest are Scott in red (the man with the beard from REM team) and the other one, I dunno... :thinking: It doesn't look like Tom Smith so the only one left is Richard Colburn... :shrug:

On the other side, it's a view of Pikes Peak (colorado) and his entrance marker on highway US 85 and 87. They haven't written anything on it but on some postcard they did (right virginie XDD)

I don't know if I'm gonna eat the sweets I got with the signed postcard; I might keep them as a souvenir :p

I ate the loolipop while the roadies where preparing the stage :P But I think I'll keep the 'eat the Pony' candy bar... :D

p1030867w.jpg

@V: yeah, team V/A FTW :cool:

Hope we won't have to wait to long for our team to be in action! :D

On the other side, it's a view of Pikes Peak (colorado) and his entrance marker on highway US 85 and 87. They haven't written anything on it but on some postcard they did (right virginie XDD)

Yep... you can read "weird penis" on mine! :lol:

wpcard.jpg

I ate the loolipop while the roadies where preparing the stage :P But I think I'll keep the 'eat the Pony' candy bar... :D

Haven't eaten anything from my package yet...

sweetpackage.jpg

and I definitely won't eat the candy bar! ^^

If you guys want to know the titles of the new songs, here's the setlist

setlistj.jpg

(Peter Buck's setlist)

@Kimmi: I must have seen you cause I was also waiting for Gary with arwen88 (Virginie ^^) We were the two french brunettes (I was the small one with braids in my hair).

*[/size] to the entrance, trying to avoid the rain and cold (in vain)! :rolleyes:

(*there was a door through which I heard Gary's voice twice.. true story ^^)

Actually when you took this pic :

Aurélie and I were on the right corner, behind the man with the glasses.

sorry for the silence...been recharging my "tired pony" self. :dozey:

pretty sure i'd have seen you two then, even if just quick glances since you mentioned the pizza encounter. i was mostly standing at the edge with Illione (Elena) & occasionally opened up my umbrella to protect us from the rain. &, i'm pretty sure i'm 1 of only 2 Asians waiting around & the other Asian girl spoke French. i don't. ;)

& that's awesome that you both got great seats! i had a Rear Standing ticket, but was early enough in the queue (3rd in line! + met 2 lovely ladies who'd been in Ward Park & front row!) to be at the front of the standing area. Elena had the Upper Unallocated Seat ticket, but she also got a good front row seat at her section. :)

and seeing this again:

makes me want to say a big thank you to Mr Buck for wanting to play the song acoustically! :heart:

it was Peter's idea? nice!

i was wondering what made them want to re-play Point Me At Lost Islands again, but totally unplugged! for a moment i thought that they might even come towards the rear standing area (like Coldplay'd done in the VLV tour)...though they didn't. but what made that moment outstanding still was that they all really looked like they were enjoying it & the crowd was going along with it, clapping away... :cool:

Aurelie, Virginie and Kimmi- Congrats on your awesome experiences! I'm so glad it was as wonderful as we hoped it would be. Haven't had the chance to check out the vids, yet- will have to do that later, but Thanks for finding and posting them, Christina!

and Sarah- I'm jealous they're playing it where you are. fingers crossed a station here will, too!

thanks, Jen! :D

the gig itself was fantastic! & as the others've said, you could really see that the band were all enjoying themselves, having fun jamming onstage that night. & this is given they had a pretty packed day of radio station appearances before the gig. anyway, you can see all that for yourself from the videos, so i'll spare everyone a lengthy review.

i really loved Silver Atoms & the other non-album/newly written songs, but they sounded rockier so very likely were left out cos they wouldn't fit in with the general tone of the album. also, after more listens, i've come to think that the "stories" in the songs have a bit of a Springsteen tone to them. but that may just be me...

anyway, here's my photos...nothing fantastic & there's some graininess to a few of them, since i wasn't real close to the stage & used digital zoom a lot. :\

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimchigang/sets/72157624393118279/show/]Tired Pony @ HMV Forum, London[/ame]

oh & i REALLY love the random signed postcard "goodie bags" they were selling at the merchandise stall for just 2 quid! really cute & quaint idea! :D

here's mine...no weirdly funny thing written on the front tho... :(

x516s3.jpg

2cennfb.jpg

i helped Elena to buy 1 too, since there was no merchandise stall in the upper section & when she saw her postcard, she told me that the word written on the back was German for postcard...which is a fantastic coincidence since she'd come all the way from Germany to see them! fancy that! :D

For Virginie setlist, it's a fun story cause she asked the roadie a guitar pick and he said 'oh yeah sure' and came back with Peter's setlist :laugh3: Sometimes it's good to have a french accent... :D

we all are I think... :lol:

pretty sure i'd have seen you two then, even if just quick glances since you mentioned the pizza encounter.

Poor Gary, he seemed so tired (like the pony XD) and when I mentionned the pizza while he was signing, he was kinda 'wtf?'...I think he thought I was mental :lol: but when I said I saw him the day before, he looked up at me and immediatly recognized me and apologized... :hug: No need Gary, speaking to you that day in this random circonstance was a gift.

i was mostly standing at the edge with Illione (Elena) & occasionally opened up my umbrella to protect us from the rain. &, i'm pretty sure i'm 1 of only 2 Asians waiting around & the other Asian girl spoke French. i don't. ;)

You were on of the asian girl...!! It's weird cause I thought one of you had a familiar face (I think I saw a pic of you and Jonas on Mew thread :thinking: but I wasn't sure it was you and I didn't know you name.... :facepalm: ) Didn't you have a blue umbrella?

it was Peter's idea? nice!

Yep, you can see on my banter vid, Peter when to talk to Gary and then, they all move forward to the edge of the stage. So cool :cool:

great pics!! thx!

i really loved Silver Atoms & the other non-album/newly written songs, but they sounded rockier so very likely were left out cos they wouldn't fit in with the general tone of the album. also, after more listens, i've come to think that the "stories" in the songs have a bit of a Springsteen tone to them. but that may just be me...

I dug up Gary's initial tracklist and Silver atoms+ your bible were already on it (at first I thought 'silver atoms' became 'the silver necklace' but after the gig, I was :stunned: )

Held in the Arms of Your Words

Get On The Road

The Deepest Ocean There Is

Failing Breaks

Mount Hood

Your Bible

Silver Atoms

I Finally Love This Town

Point Me At Lost Islands

In The Stockade (Buck/McCaughey)

I Am The Landslide (Archer)

So there is still 2 songs we haven't heard + the other 3 (the chain of fools, cold blooded old times, I'll carry you) + Silver atoms and Your bible, so we are a total of 7 new songs...Boys, we almost have an album here... :rolleyes:

I think we all needed it, it was such an intense night! :)

pretty sure i'd have seen you two then, even if just quick glances since you mentioned the pizza encounter. i was mostly standing at the edge with Illione (Elena) & occasionally opened up my umbrella to protect us from the rain. &, i'm pretty sure i'm 1 of only 2 Asians waiting around & the other Asian girl spoke French. i don't. ;)

You must have been on the other side of us I guess, all I remember is staring at the door for most of the time we were waiting, and then staring at Gary :p

(Wasn't the other Asian girl the one who hugged him? I can't remember, I was giving a "I'm so jealous look" at Aurelie ^^)

& that's awesome that you both got great seats! i had a Rear Standing ticket, but was early enough in the queue (3rd in line! + met 2 lovely ladies who'd been in Ward Park & front row!) to be at the front of the standing area. Elena had the Upper Unallocated Seat ticket, but she also got a good front row seat at her section. :)

We saw the two ladies queueing when we walked by the Forum on our way to the Kentish bus stop, you must have arrived early then?

anyway, here's my photos...nothing fantastic & there's some graininess to a few of them, since i wasn't real close to the stage & used digital zoom a lot. :\

Tired Pony @ HMV Forum, London

Your pics are great, thanks! :D

@Aurélie: look at G's face on the pic IMG_7687

oh & i REALLY love the random signed postcard "goodie bags" they were selling at the merchandise stall for just 2 quid! really cute & quaint idea! :D

here's mine...no weirdly funny thing written on the front tho... :(

The bags were a lovely idea indeed! And I owe Aurelie a big thank you cause she's the one who noticed the merchandising stand and came to my seat to told me! :hug: (everyone around me at postcards, I was wondering where they got it, I though that they must have gone to the radio session..) I really should have bought 2 bags! ^^

For Virginie setlist, it's a fun story cause she asked the roadie a guitar pick and he said 'oh yeah sure' and came back with Peter's setlist :laugh3: Sometimes it's good to have a french accent... :D

Oh yeah, the "roadie story"! There were already many girls asking for things (even G's water bottle...), and they wasn't anything left. So yes, I asked for 'picks', and the roadie answered "pizzas? you want some pizzas? yeah, me too I'm starving!" :p But he looked for it anyway, and as there were none, he gave me a setlist, so thank you M. Roadie! ^^

You were on of the asian girl...!! It's weird cause I thought one of you had a familiar face (I think I saw a pic of you and Jonas on Mew thread :thinking: but I wasn't sure it was you and I didn't know you name.... :facepalm: ) Didn't you have a blue umbrella?

I'm hopeless, cause I realized that I wasn't really aware of anything going around me... :facepalm: TP effect!

So there is still 2 songs we haven't heard + the other 3 (the chain of fools, cold blooded old times, I'll carry you) + Silver atoms and Your bible, so we are a total of 7 new songs...Boys, we almost have an album here... :rolleyes:

and I Finally Love This Town is technically a b-side, so it could be put on a potential album... they have to do a second album!! ^^

:cheesy: They played a crap load of new songs.

The tracklist I put was the one Gary gave when he announced TP's album was in the works.

You can see the actual setlist of the gig in Virginie's photo a little above. The new ones were:

I'll carry you (makes me cry everytime...especially when Gary is screaming near the end...)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dbmXsd_t4]YouTube- Tired Pony - I'll Carry You @ HMV Forum London 14-07-2010[/ame]

Silver atomes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtaCIp1ampg]YouTube- Tired Pony @HMV Forum - Silver Atoms[/ame]

Your bible

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMwAEFOi5jE]YouTube- Tired Pony - Your Bible - HMV Forum, London 14/07/2010[/ame]

Chain of fools

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJGdZh_61k]YouTube- Tired Pony - Chain Of Fools - HMV Forum, London 14/07/2010[/ame]

And Cold blooded old times that I found is actually a cover from a song of another band

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgVaYfXqzp0]YouTube- Tired Pony - Cold Blooded Old Times - HMV Forum, London 14/07/2010[/ame]

So 4 new + a cover.

ANNA THANK YOU :hug: I wished you were there too, we would have so much fun!

Your pics are great, thanks! :D

@Aurélie: look at G's face on the pic IMG_7687

It's when the crazy french woman was harrassing him... Don't blame him for looking mad, I would have punch her at his place :lol:

The bags were a lovely idea indeed! And I owe Aurelie a big thank you cause she's the one who noticed the merchandising stand and came to my seat to told me! :hug: (everyone around me at postcards, I was wondering where they got it, I though that they must have gone to the radio session..) I really should have bought 2 bags! ^^

Come on girl, that's normal!! You would have done the same for me :hug:

Oh yeah, the "roadie story"! There were already many girls asking for things (even G's water bottle...), and they wasn't anything left. So yes, I asked for 'picks', and the roadie answered "pizzas? you want some pizzas? yeah, me too I'm starving!" :p But he looked for it anyway, and as there were none, he gave me a setlist, so thank you M. Roadie! ^^

This TP gig is filled with pizzas stories....interresting :lol: Maybe the cover of the next album will be a giant pizza?!! (from pizza express of course :P )

Hi girls!

Thanks for all the reviews and pics!

Now I regret even more that I couldn't stay longer. :(

Anyways, I've recorded the 2 clips and the audio from the BBC Radio 2 session as they'll disappear from the net on Wednesday.

Click here to see the files!

Thanks for the link Anna! Wish you were here too, I'd have loved to hang out! :kiss:

I'll carry you (makes me cry everytime...especially when Gary is screaming near the end...)

Didn't film it, so I could really focus on what was going on on stage, it was breathtaking, I couldn't take my eyes off of him :heart:

It's when the crazy french woman was harrassing him... Don't blame him for looking mad, I would have punch her at his place :lol:

Yes, it is! :p He's been soooo patient! (I definitely wouldn't have been :p)

Come on girl, that's normal!! You would have done the same for me :hug:

All that night was definitely about sharing, and it was great to share it with you! We did a good team :hug:

This TP gig is filled with pizzas stories....interresting :lol: Maybe the cover of the next album will be a giant pizza?!! (from pizza express of course :P )

Of course! XD The pizza will be the mascot of our trip!

Poor Gary, he seemed so tired (like the pony XD) and when I mentionned the pizza while he was signing, he was kinda 'wtf?'...I think he thought I was mental :lol: but when I said I saw him the day before, he looked up at me and immediatly recognized me and apologized... :hug: No need Gary, speaking to you that day in this random circonstance was a gift.

*lol* yeah! his "huh???" reaction when you asked him how was the pizzas! :laugh3:

actually, i thought he didn't look/sound as tired as during the Reworked Tour. he really looked tired then & his voice was super hoarse post gig in Bristol. tho i detected a bit of a beer-y breath there this time. :P

yup, i had a small dark blue umbrella. :)

hmmm...i've gone to a Mew gig last year, but i didn't stay to meet any of the Mew guys.

You must have been on the other side of us I guess, all I remember is staring at the door for most of the time we were waiting, and then staring at Gary :p

(Wasn't the other Asian girl the one who hugged him? I can't remember, I was giving a "I'm so jealous look" at Aurelie ^^)

We saw the two ladies queueing when we walked by the Forum on our way to the Kentish bus stop, you must have arrived early then?

i was in the Kentish Town & Camden Town areas throughout the day, but i only started queuing around 5+ when i'd passed by & saw the 2 ladies standing near the barriers at the front.

& unfortunately, i'm not the Asian girl who got a hug from him...never actually been on the receiving end of a Gary hug. :disappointed:

but i've met Gary before in Bristol & took a photo with him back then - closest i got to a hug (he had his arm round my shoulder)...so i wasn't *too* gutted that i never got a hug or take a photo with him or anything that night.

anyway, Gary volunteering to get wet also since we were all drenched in the rain totally made my day! :D

I dug up Gary's initial tracklist and Silver atoms+ your bible were already on it (at first I thought 'silver atoms' became 'the silver necklace' but after the gig, I was :stunned: )

yeah, i think a lot of ppl thought the same too. i even thought 'Your Bible' became 'The Good Book'. but for all we know now, it's probably one of the tracks that never made it to the album. maybe there'll be more B-Sides to come like 'I Finally Love This Town'? next single is 'Get On The Road', if i remember right... :)

& i'm not very sure of this, but i think 'Chain of Fools' is also a cover? cos the chorus sounds VERY familiar. :thinking:

ah, ok...so it's not just me who feels that she seemed to be harrassing him!

it was really awkward even when that lady was shouting away for him to come out...he's not really obligated to come out, honestly... :thinking:

& Gary seemed to be getting more & more visibly annoyed the more she kept talking, imo...i know i was, cos i couldn't really make out what she was blabbering most of the time beyond "you abuse"(?). pretty patient of him, imo...especially if he heard the same thing i heard her say!

tho i detected a bit of a beer-y breath there this time. :P

I agree, didn't smell it but his eyes betrayed it :p (nothing too serious though)

i was in the Kentish Town & Camden Town areas throughout the day, but i only started queuing around 5+ when i'd passed by & saw the 2 ladies standing near the barriers at the front.

It's convenient that people there seem to start queueing rather late (as Aurelie pointed out to me) cause we have time (as you did) to enjoy the city instead of going right away to the venue ^^

& unfortunately, i'm not the Asian girl who got a hug from him...never actually been on the receiving end of a Gary hug. :disappointed:

but i've met Gary before in Bristol & took a photo with him back then - closest i got to a hug (he had his arm round my shoulder)...so i wasn't *too* gutted that i never got a hug or take a photo with him or anything that night.

anyway, Gary volunteering to get wet also since we were all drenched in the rain totally made my day! :D

I think everyone would love to be at the receiving end! :disappointed: But it's true, when you take a pic with him, he really gets close to you, so that kind of make it up for it *w* I can still hear the "awww" reaction to his "I can get wet with you guys" XD

it was really awkward even when that lady was shouting away for him to come out...he's not really obligated to come out, honestly... :thinking:

& Gary seemed to be getting more & more visibly annoyed the more she kept talking, imo...i know i was, cos i couldn't really make out what she was blabbering most of the time beyond "you abuse"(?). pretty patient of him, imo...especially if he heard the same thing i heard her say!

So embarassing... kind of felt ashamed myself (no Gary, all the french girls/woman aren't like that, you've just met the exception to the rule!...) Really no need to complain to him for all the waiting! He didn't have to come out in the first place, and no one forced her to wait... She really pissed me off!

Anyway, I wish I'd known how you look like, I would have said hi! ;)

*lol* yeah! his "huh???" reaction when you asked him how was the pizzas! :laugh3:

:lol: especially after the french drama queen, he must have thought 'what's up with those crazy french?!' :laugh3:

That was so cute....totally acting like the true 'care bear' that he is :smug:

& i'm not very sure of this, but i think 'Chain of Fools' is also a cover? cos the chorus sounds VERY familiar. :thinking:

Oh, so it's also a cover?!! thx, I thought it was new... :facepalm:

So embarassing... kind of felt ashamed myself (no Gary, all the french girls/woman aren't like that, you've just met the exception to the rule!...) Really no need to complain to him for all the waiting! He didn't have to come out in the first place, and no one forced her to wait... She really pissed me off!

I remember you saying to me when she started complaining (it was still pretty early in the night) that tonight you were from Switzerland or Belgium but not french :lol:

I think she really pissed everybody off ...(between her and the drunken lady that was sneaking around the parking lot... :lol:).

I mean, artist aren't bound to get out after a show and they don't owe us anything except the live performance we paid for!! The other night, the security told us they were partying till 2AM (and it's normal they wanted to celebrate their first show, even more since it was a total success!), so it's not like she didn't know we would have to wait.... Plus, when he came out, he apologized, he was pretty tired/little drunk and you sensed that he wanted to go home but he stayed for all of us!! He's been nice to everybody, getting wet and all, and then she's started ranting at him for waiting?!! :stunned: Seriously, what was wrong with her?!! Nobody forced her to stay! And then all the photos she wanted him to redo because there were sthg behing her daughter and stuff...No seriously, I thought 'is she kidding?!!' :facepalm: I looked at Virginie and said I wanted to slap her :lol: I felt so bad for Gary who was really trying to please her and staying calm...I admire him even more after that!! What a lovely man for not getting angry! (I wish she would have act the same around a Liam Gallagher and she would have got what she deserved :sneaky: )

:lol: especially after the french drama queen, he must have thought 'what's up with those crazy french?!' :laugh3:

It's very likely he did! :p

I remember you saying to me when she started complaining (it was still pretty early in the night) that tonight you were from Switzerland or Belgium but not french :lol:

Yes, she made me disown my roots that night :rolleyes: (I think one of the worst moment was when she shouted out his name :facepalm:)

I think she really pissed everybody off ...(between her and the drunken lady that was sneaking around the parking lot... :lol:).

oh yes, the drunken lady! She was so wasted, trying to convince another girl to follow her! I remember when she disappeared behind the wall into the parking lot, someone (from security I guess) called after her, and she was escorted back :lol:

I looked at Virginie and said I wanted to slap her :lol: I felt so bad for Gary who was really trying to please her and staying calm...I admire him even more after that!! What a lovely man for not getting angry! (I wish she would have act the same around a Liam Gallagher and she would have got what she deserved :sneaky: )

ha ha I remember! He must have a great deal of self control! (such a dear... ^^)