🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Tired Pony

Black Rose

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Album is out here on Friday. I can't wait. Absolutely love the single, and not in the same way as I did 'Take Back The City' - this is much better! :dance:

awww...lucky you! i'd change your Location msg, btw...you seem to be at an advantage for SP stuff being in Ireland! ;)

Irish are lucky!!

Here another great review!

http://www.tiredpony.com/press/Tired_Pony_Uncut.jpg

(wonder whose dog is that...)

thanks for the link Aurélie! ^^

I'm so excited about this, and even more so after reading that review!!

Me too! The two reviews we've got so far are so promising!!

It's tomorrow for you :bomb: Hope you'll come give us some review of the tracks ??!

Yes, please do! :)

I wanted to wait til the gig to have my very first listen live, but now I'm sure I won't be patient, I must listen to it before! :p

Actually in the last issue of Q, there is the big article, but they spoke also of TP on the 'tracks of the month', they suggest 'the good book' <3 and elsewhere, they're speaking again of the band in a short presentation (illustrated with the photo of the last article I put earlier). And on the review page presentation of new release they basically said that this month was a downer with bad record from Kylie and so on but that TP was the exception to the rule :smug: Q likes Gary, I've noticed that for a long time but all the reviews I've seen so far on TP are really great so no coincidence!

AND there is a one page advertising for the album <33

*has album*

I haven't had a proper listen yet (that's for later! :dance:), but what I can tell you is: this is the best thing Gary's been involved in since Final Straw. It's a far gentler listen than I was expecting, but that's a good thing; if what you liked most about the Reindeer Section was the intimacy of their songs, chances are you're going to enjoy this.

Also. The lyrics. My word, the LYRICS! I've always seen Gary as a great lyricist, but he's outdone himself. This is 'Northwestern Skies':

It's not like it was before

There's a beauty in slamming doors

And the lightning plays in your eyes as it plays through northwestern skies

Girl, you were beautiful before, but in the cyclone I love you more

There's a pause and the faintest smile, as the storm rages on for miles

There's no answers in the tempest, just a (?) of questions

So just let it take you over so that we can learn our lesson

This has just got ridiculous, 'cause it's burned through the both of us

In the crumbled-down cinema, we can hide where we always hide

On the blank screen, project our lives: me as husband and you as wife

As the storm outside dissipates, the screen wipes the ticker-tape (?)

There's no answers in the tempest, just a (?) of questions

So just let it take you over so that we can learn our lesson (x2)

He had to throw a few tricky bits in there, but everything else is correct. Some of those lines are FANTASTIC. :cheesy:

It's all sounding brilliant so far; will keep you updated about it.

THANKS BERNARD :dance: :hug:

Also. The lyrics. My word, the LYRICS! I've always seen Gary as a great lyricist, but he's outdone himself. This is 'Northwestern Skies':

It's not like it was before

There's a beauty in slamming doors

And the lightning plays in your eyes as it plays through northwestern skies

:bomb:

Thanks a lot for the review, Bernard! :D

Also. The lyrics. My word, the LYRICS! I've always seen Gary as a great lyricist, but he's outdone himself.

I totally agree with you on this point, I've always seen Gart as a great lyricist too! I can't waig to finally here the album; and I can't wait for the gig if course! ^^

@kimgan: thanks for the news! ;)

I've just entered the competition!

I am trying soooo hard to not listen to too much before I have it in my hands... two more weeks for me!

I admire you, I have no will power whatsoever... :facepalm: I'll only be able to buy the album on wednesday before the gig...so I want to be a miminum prepared to sing a little the lyrics!

I admire you, I have no will power whatsoever... :facepalm: I'll only be able to buy the album on wednesday before the gig...so I want to be a miminum prepared to sing a little the lyrics!

I'm getting more and more impatient, and I wanna know the songs a little before the gigs, like you! ^^ Don't know if I'll have enough self-control to resist going to the Fnac on Monday! :rolleyes:

These songs are so unbelievably brilliant. :freak:

I totally second that! Northwestern Skies is a real treasure! :wacky:

Don't know if I'll have enough self-control to resist going to the Fnac on Monday! :rolleyes:

Me too, I will look it up there in my hometown on monday (have to buy a new SHD card for my camera) but since every SP albums make at least one week to get on their shelves after official release, I don't think TP will ever make it :dozey:

"The Deepest Ocean There Is" is making me cry. It's incredible. :stunned:

+10000

I'm not taking off my wedding ring just yet...

:bigcry:

So, to anyone who's interested, I just found the rest of the album. :dance:

Point Me At Lost Islands:

http://www.mediafire.com/?eotfjnnmzoz

I Am A Landslide:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozzmdgwm1ny

The Good Book:

http://www.mediafire.com/?najznmzjyny

Pieces:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t03ninjrnmz

I ADORE this album. :wacky:

EDIT: Pieces is just magnificent. It's real music. It's true music. It comes to the heart, not like all this Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus shit you see out there now.

If any of you have little sisters or brothers that listen to any of that crap, I suggest showing them this album. This album is the definition of real music.

THANK YOU :kiss: :hug:

I'm repeating myself but seriously, 'the good book' :bomb: :bigcry: And I love Ian Archer saying 'oh sorry guys' at the end of his song :lol:

This album is really a GEM!

EDIT: Pieces is just magnificent. It's real music. It's true music. It comes to the heart, not like all this Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus shit you see out there now.

If any of you have little sisters or brothers that listen to any of that crap, I suggest showing them this album. This album is the definition of real music.

Well, I think you have to listen to the worth to appreciate the better later ^^ When you're kid or teenager, I think it's normal to listen to this stuff. We all did! Plus it depends on what you expect of music. Some people just want something in the background to dance or listen slightly and other want sthg more :)

So, to anyone who's interested, I just found the rest of the album. :dance:

Thank you so much! :hug: Now I can have a proper listen before the gig no matter when I buy the album! ^^

This album is really a GEM!

+ 100000000 !

Getting more and more excited and impatient! Wednesday cannot come soon enough! :dance: