🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Tired Pony

Black Rose

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a new pony here! :) Welcome!

The last two vids of the LIVE SESSION. (here the audio files from these :http://www.mediafire.com/?4vstf5gjdxvbo0d )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmp3a0OxeQ]YouTube- Tired Pony - Dead American Writers[/ame]

And GOTR with only Gary on vocals....I cried this morning while watching this... :shame:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6nmx4Qwec]YouTube- Tired Pony - Get On The Road[/ame]

TP is doing a show in NY on october 1st!![/color]

You beat me at it :D

I hope that some of you will get the chance to see them!

Now I really hope that they're gonna at least consider coming to Paris!! Both Peter and Gary saw that many French fans went to the London gig, so why not come here!! :thinking:

Hey, new Tired Pony fan here. *waves* Although i admit, i have been just quietly lurking in here watching for a few weeks watching the wonderful youtube videos that people have been posting and reading the articles. :shifty:

I've been a massive SP fan for ages, they're one of my favourite bands, but i wasn't sure about TP at first - i think what put me off was that i kept hearing their sound described as quite "folky" and folk music has never really been my cup of tea tbh. :\ But then a few weeks ago i heard Dead American Writers on the radio and i instantly loved it. I've only had the album about a week and i already really like it. That Silver Necklace, I Am A Landslide, Held In The Arms Of Your Words and Point Me At Lost Islands were, for me, instant standouts, but the one track that really gets me is Get On The Road - that song is just absolutely beautiful. :cry::wacky:

Now I really hope that they're gonna at least consider coming to Paris!! Both Peter and Gary saw that many French fans went to the London gig, so why not come here!! :thinking:

Well, they take one step at a time...They did a London gig to satisfy 'Europe fans' (aka Gary's homeland), now it's the turn to the US ones (aka Peter's home)...

After that, we'll just have to pray!!! But SP will start getting in the studio in oct/nov so till Christmas, there will be no show I guess... Then leave january (possible recording of TP LP2), then it's REM to promote their new record, so spring is out of the question and dunno when they'll tour.. Let's hope they'll find a date or two between REM stuffs and SP new album (that is due to end of next year as Q pointed).

@shesawsparks: WELCOME :) It's so good to see the TP love spreading :awesome:

Hey, new Tired Pony fan here. *waves* Although i admit, i have been just quietly lurking in here watching for a few weeks watching the wonderful youtube videos that people have been posting and reading the articles. :shifty:

Hi there and welcome to the TP world! :smug: Glad to see we didn't scare you off with all we've been posting the last few weeks :p

but the one track that really gets me is Get On The Road - that song is just absolutely beautiful. :cry::wacky:

This is also my favourite song! :heart: & I especially loved the live version with Lisa Hannigan, it was very emotional!

Let's hope they'll find a date or two between REM stuffs and SP new album (that is due to end of next year as Q pointed).

As Peter said in one the the TP interviews, the only time of the year when everyone is available is January, so we have to hope that after the recording of the 2nd album they might have some time to find a date then... :fingerscrossed:

I've been a massive SP fan for ages, they're one of my favourite bands, but i wasn't sure about TP at first - i think what put me off was that i kept hearing their sound described as quite "folky" and folk music has never really been my cup of tea tbh. :\ But then a few weeks ago i heard Dead American Writers on the radio and i instantly loved it. I've only had the album about a week and i already really like it. That Silver Necklace, I Am A Landslide, Held In The Arms Of Your Words and Point Me At Lost Islands were, for me, instant standouts, but the one track that really gets me is Get On The Road - that song is just absolutely beautiful. :cry::wacky:

ellos...welcome to the country-tinged Tired Pony world. :)

& i don't fault you for being put off initially about Tired Pony. i was too...especially with the whole "country-tinged", "country music influence" catchphrases being used to describe the album/band concept. cos i'm not a big fan of country music at all, 'cept maybe a couple of the more modern country artists/bands. was even thinking that i might actually like Gary's Listen...Tanks! project more than Tired Pony.

BUT...i actually love the Tired Pony album (some might say i may have been a bit obsessed with it lately, based on my FB posts... *lol* ), so i guess i should just trust Gary's judgement & taste in music, movies from now onwards & just go with whatever his crative mind thinks up...hahaha

That Silver Necklace from LIVE SESSION :dance: Gary's fucked up the lyrics at one point :D so typical :rolleyes: I don't understand how he can't get it wrong since he has his laptop in front of him :facepalm: :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEornlDFdwo]YouTube- ‪Tired Pony - That Silver Necklace‬‎[/ame]

Anyway, I saw this yesterday and I teared up while watching....Seriously, any live vid I'm watching has this effect....This band has transformed me in a giant emotional pulp... :shame:

TP are coming to the US! Gah, they better come to Philly! :dance:

I hope for you but at least for now, it's more than probably their only US performance as a few articles already stated... :confused: Just like the London one. Plus SP will started recording in october so for now, it will be it I guess... :shrug:

i guess i should just trust Gary's judgement & taste in music, movies from now onwards & just go with whatever his crative mind thinks up...hahaha

my thougts exactly, after all I've never been deceived so far! Keep up the good advice G! :smug:

yesterday i bought the Tired Pony LP :D ill wait for weekend to listen to it

finally got to listen the album few days ago :dance:

pretty good one.

<did i say it here already?>

Glad to see some newcomers into the Tired Pony world! ^^

& yes....the memories.......... :wacky:

couldn't stop listening to it today!.. :happy: The person who recorded it must have been seated towards the very first rows cause the unplugged version of Point Me At Lost Islands is really good! (we can even hear Peter Buck talking to Gary before the song :p)

Why no one is putting any news here anymore :thinking:

Thanks for the interview! True that the topic has been deserted these last days... I've been pretty busy this week, and to be honest I've tried to get myself "unaddicted" to the band... but to quote Gary, TP is like the drug that I can't quit... :wacky:

Here's to make it up to you, some 'new things' from TTB website:

Gary wearing the Irish Football shirt

garyirishfa.jpg

and two pics from the live video shoot:

35097_422915903400_514998400_4571517_4165198_n.jpg

34199_422916223400_514998400_4571529_7453146_n.jpg

It's only been a month since I saw them in London, but it seems like eternity! It's gonna be hard to wait for the new material.