✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 6th Mixtape Exchange (closed for entries)

Black Rose

Awww, why? Nobody will laugh at you. The worst thing that could happen is that they not like your mixtape, and that in itself isn't that big of an offense. The main goal is to spread new music to people, and as long as you do that, you've done your job. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah mine hasn't been reviewed either.

Dave, is there going to be naming/shaming for those who haven't reviewed their tapes as well?

Yep, it's on my list of things to do

(I was going to do it tomorrow afternoon, but I need to visit a HMV to sort out the problem I have with a CD [it's a double-disc, but for some reason I have 2 copies of the 2nd disc])

1 - Its kinda like an 80´s song. Very groove-y, dance-y, joyfull and such. I loved!

2 - The voice sems like Eric Clapton´s..... :thinking: nut its not him, is it? Well, this one is melancholic and I really like the guitar riff and the drums... Its and old-blues style thats I´m not used to hear, but after this I´ll definitely check it out.

3 - Wow, this one reminds me of the 90´s :mellow: thats the kind of song I used to listen at radio when I was going to sleep.... it has a good beat but its calming at the same time, and the voice of the singer is great and soft.

4 - This one reminds me of the good and old blues/rock from the 70´s:smug: good riff, long guitar solo, great lyrics.... something between The Who and Pink Floyd

5 - This one is EPIC! Starts with a kick-ass solo :wideeyed: Is it Oasis? Sounds like... Yeah, it is. I dont recognize the song tho....

6 - I love songs with harminicas:cool: t:cool:his one seems to be pretty old-school too. 70´s or early 80´s..... kinda dreamy, kinda Led Zeppelin, with an awesome bass line.

7 - Oh, what a surprise! A brazilian song! and by one of my favourite brazilian bands, Jota Quest. This one doesnt show their style, tho... this one is very dance-y and based on synthesizers.

8 - I know that it isnt the Beatles, but the hippie/dreamy feeling of Sargent Peppers is all over this song. The lyrics are veeery good and closing my eyes I can see ppl running only with flowers in their hairs...

9 - This one has no lyris, but its perfect this way. It seems that its the intro of a Bruce Springteen concert:wacko: I like the keyboards and the drums, but mostly the keyboards, it grows during the song generating this antecipation feeling of the begining of a gig you´ve been waiting for long to see...

10 - This one is my favourite so far. Calming, that kind of song that gives you hope, the one you should listen to give you the streght to a tough day. Thats not what this song was meant to be, but thats what the combined soft vocals makes me feel. Fleet Floxes must have been ispired by this.

11 - Another Brazilian song, this is a classic good-brazilian-pop music. If you wanna put everyone in a dancefloor on a party here, no matter what age the guests are, you should play this.

12 - this one is dark. Again, reminds me of the good old 70´s, with a sick bass line. and the drums create this gloomy scenerio in my head.... I dont really know how to explain, but its great.

13 - :surprised: I used to dance bolero (ballroom dancing) with this!

And no, this is not the usual Latin dance style, the song is soft and romantic:wacky:

14 - I loved this song! Its something we could play at carnaval and the lyrics, about the accpting the good and bad things of life, is the best thing of it.

15 - My mom loooooooooooooves this song! And Milton Nasciment is one of the best brazilian songwriters, wich he shows wonderfully in this song. Its best line is this one: "A woman that smiles when its time to cry, like all other women at this planet..."

Overall: its a mix full of classics. I liked and I´d´ve liked it even more if I were used to listen more to the "old stuff" (in the good way, please!).

I really loved that the mix maker was thoughtfull enough to put brazilian songs in it - Dear mix maker, do you listen to brazilian song or you put them just cause I´m brazilian?

Aaaaand again thousands of apologies for my poor english and the delay. I´m sorry:shame:

Well, the thing is that I'm brazilian too ;)

The mixtape was ready even before I was told you'd be my partner :D

I'm glad you liked it!

01. Smash Mouth - Pacific Coast Party

02. Genesis - Squonk

03. Lighthouse Family - Goodbye Heartbreak

04. Led Zeppelin - Ten Years Gone

05. Oasis - Morning Glory

06. Supertramp - School

07. Jota Quest - 35

08. Yes - Wonderous Stories

09. The Smiths - Oscillate Wildly

10. Pink Floyd - Summer '68

11. Ed Motta - Fora Da Lei

12. Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan

13. Fito Paez - 11 y 6

14. Pet Shop Boys - Se A Vida É (That's The Way Life Is)

15. Milton Nascimento - Maria, Maria

You guys can get it HERE.