✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who or what got you started on Coldplay?

aarontennies

Guest howyousawtheworld

Brit Awards in February 2003 performing Clocks when I was 12. Spine tingling brilliance! Knew of the song well (was spattered across the BBC as it's TV License theme) but hadn't seen it performed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdwOlK3RaU]YouTube- ‪COLDPLAY - CLOCKS - LIVE AT THE BRITS 2003 (ORIGINAL)‬‎[/ame]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Was staring out the window after my Grandads funeral, there were stars and a full moon , the lyrics 'look at the stars , look how they shine for you' they just came to me and took me right back to being 6 and Seeing Yellow on the TV. I then got really into Coldplay and I Bought there albums X&Y and Parachutes the next time I Was out and I Listened to them over and over.

Now I'm Obssesed :P

i don't remember exactly when it was... but my addiction to the band started listening to speed of sound, i think i saw it on tv. i just love that song. and then i heard the hardest part. and a few years later, i began to hear all coldplay's songs and i discovered that they are the best...

Replace "Antiques Roadshow" with "Peter Pan (the 2004 movie) preview on TV", and you've got my "how I discovered Coldplay" story. :)

So that's when I first heard "Clocks"! Now it all makes sense. :cool:

But I may have heard "Trouble" before that...maybe on a spot for the TV show Redwall. For some reason, I always associate "Trouble" with that show.

I can remember seeing the video for Yellow back when I was 11 or 12, and I always liked it, but I just thought "this is just another indie band". I had always heard a few of their singles from Parachutes and AROBTTH, and I always found them to be good, but I never thought more of it. A few years later, and Speed of Sound came out, and my brother would always listen to it while I played video games in the same room, so I got well acquainted with that song. I had always liked Coldplay, but I was just a casual fan and didnt know much about them. When Viva La Vida came out as a single, I was immediately hooked, but I just thought of it as another good Coldplay song. My brother bought the album, and I liked it...but it was when he brought home Prospekt's March, I knew i needed to look into Coldplay seriously. Then, last summer Coldplay came into town and my brother and I got tickets...one of the best nights of my life. It was the first concert of any band I had ever been to ( I have been to 3 now) and it still is the best. Then I got hooked, and I cant stop listening to them.

I hate that I started liking Coldplay from the iTunes Ad, so I'm going to make up a story.

I was drinking Tea in London, when all of a sudden a nerdy, tall, curly blond kid passed by me and was playing his guitar, and singing the lyrics to Don't Panic [blue Room version] and I never heard from him, until I heard it paris when I found a CD of Coldplay Parachutes right under the Eiffel Tower, and at the moment I had my CD player, and heard the first song and said.. "Awe, they changed the cool thing in the begining :sad:"

I was born in 1997, so yes I was a baby when this all happened.

I hate that I started liking Coldplay from the iTunes Ad, so I'm going to make up a story.

I was drinking Tea in London, when all of a sudden a nerdy, tall, curly blond kid passed by me and was playing his guitar, and singing the lyrics to Don't Panic [blue Room version] and I never heard from him, until I heard it paris when I found a CD of Coldplay Parachutes right under the Eiffel Tower, and at the moment I had my CD player, and heard the first song and said.. "Awe, they changed the cool thing in the begining :sad:"

I was born in 1997, so yes I was a baby when this all happened.

That was so random :lol: U made my day :D I LOVE that ad btw... they should have made the whole video like that! :)

My mom got me on CP...she was really obsessed by VLV, so I bought the whole album, and loved it. Then started downloading older stuff... not really and interesting story :D

I saw the Trouble video on TV when it was released, and thought that was pretty bad. Then a friend of mine sent me 'The Scientist', and I thought that was awful too, until I listened to it properly. Now it's possibly for my favourite song ever.

Since then I've listened to all of their albums, B-Sides and eagerly awaited X&Y and VLV. Now I can't wait for their next one :)

That was so random :lol: U made my day :D I LOVE that ad btw... they should have made the whole video like that! :)

My mom got me on CP...she was really obsessed by VLV, so I bought the whole album, and loved it. Then started downloading older stuff... not really and interesting story :D

Your mom?! :D Your story seems so similar to mine... my mother once brought me the AROBTTH album and asked if I knew "the Goldplays or whatever they're called". That was in September of 2008. I've been in love with that recording since. It's the best what they've ever made.

Once upon a time,

I kept hearing Viva La Vida EVERYWHERE and I was flipping out because the guy who was singing had such an amazing voice. And when I found out the song was made by Coldplay I searched them up, recognized lots of songs, and then fell in love with them.

The end.

Your mom?! :D Your story seems so similar to mine... my mother once brought me the AROBTTH album and asked if I knew "the Goldplays or whatever they're called". That was in September of 2008. I've been in love with that recording since. It's the best what they've ever made.

Cool you didn't actually start with VLVODAAHF!

My mom actually forced me do buy the VLV album because she enjoyed VLV so much! <-- so ashamed of this :\

And like a month after that I went to this summer camp in Ireland... and this australian guy there started introducing me to older stuff, especially AROBTTH and B-Sides :)

Cool you didn't actually start with VLVODAAHF!

My mom actually forced me do buy the VLV album because she enjoyed VLV so much! <-- so ashamed of this :\

And like a month after that I went to this summer camp in Ireland... and this australian guy there started introducing me to older stuff, especially AROBTTH and B-Sides :)

I know how you feel about it :D but on the other hand, it's kind of advantage... she knows what the band means to me so I guess she'll let me go when it comes to seeing them live :)

A summer camp in Ireland? Lucky you! :D I've always wanted to go there. One of the most beautiful European countries definitely :)

But you know whats freaky on my side??? The question is not if she would let me go or not...but SHE (my mom) WANTS TO GO WITH ME :D :D :D But many ppl do, so we would be a big group of fans :smug:

I wasn't fan yet when they had a gig in Vienna and Prague :(

And a bit of off topic :D : Oh yea! Love Ireland! The nature... it's like our (or yours) countryside but taken to a much higher level :)

But you know whats freaky on my side??? The question is not if she would let me go or not...but SHE (my mom) WANTS TO GO WITH ME :D :D :D But many ppl do, so we would be a big group of fans :smug:

I wasn't fan yet when they had a gig in Vienna and Prague :(

And a bit of off topic :D : Oh yea! Love Ireland! The nature... it's like our (or yours) countryside but taken to a much higher level :)

That's OK, mine wants to go too :D but when I explained her what it includes, waiting in front of the venue for hours before the performance actually starts etc, she seemed a bit frustrated :laugh3: (a co si budeme povidat, je sice pekne, kdyz maminka vsechno zaridi, ALE! :D )

I hope to go there some day, besides other qualities it's a perfect place to take photos of (I'm kind of photography fan :D) AND it's the country U2 come from! :D

Hallo neighbours! :-)

I am looking at your stories from the other point of view, as I have already children myself. I hope to make them Coldplay fans and one day to go to a concert with me :-)

(I hope they won´t mind me being there with them.

They are only 3 and 5 years, but as they listen to CP all the time at home, they already recognize the songs and my daughter likes to dance, especially to In My Place :D

I am looking at your stories from the other point of view, as I have already children myself. I hope to make them Coldplay fans and one day to go to a concert with me :-)

They are only 3 and 5 years, but as they listen to CP all the time at home, they already recognize the songs and my daughter likes to dance, especially to In My Place :D

Heh, glad to see you posting! :) Oh thats so cool!

That's OK, mine wants to go too :D but when I explained her what it includes, waiting in front of the venue for hours before the performance actually starts etc, she seemed a bit frustrated :laugh3: (a co si budeme povidat, je sice pekne, kdyz maminka vsechno zaridi, ALE! :D )

I hope to go there some day, besides other qualities it's a perfect place to take photos of (I'm kind of photography fan :D) AND it's the country U2 come from! :D

Exactly as u said :D :D (mamicka kupi listky, privezie, odvezie, da jedlo...a je to od nej velmi mile :D ) No I'm not gonna be that bad :D I LOVE MY MOM and I'm glad she shares my excitement for Coldplay to a certain extent, and I'm glad to see her desire to go there with me.. but the thing is, that then I couldn't go with my friends :D :D That would be super weird... :D they would talk about it for the rest of my school life.. like "ah, Tom went to a rock concert with his mom.." :D

So yea.... it has positives but negatives too....

That's so cute :) little Coldplayers in the making :D

Exactly as u said :D :D (mamicka kupi listky, privezie, odvezie, da jedlo...a je to od nej velmi mile :D ) No I'm not gonna be that bad :D I LOVE MY MOM and I'm glad she shares my excitement for Coldplay to a certain extent, and I'm glad to see her desire to go there with me.. but the thing is, that then I couldn't go with my friends :D :D That would be super weird... :D they would talk about it for the rest of my school life.. like "ah, Tom went to a rock concert with his mom.." :D

So yea.... it has positives but negatives too....

I completely understand you :D However, we (me and my mother) were planning on going to U2 Vienna gig (I wouldn't mind her being with me there as I had nobody else to go with, and we both are fans), but things didn't go well for us. I'm actually off to Germany for the next 3 weeks, so... next time, hopefully.

That's so cute :) little Coldplayers in the making :D

:rolleyes:

I completely understand you :D However, we (me and my mother) were planning on going to U2 Vienna gig (I wouldn't mind her being with me there as I had nobody else to go with, and we both are fans), but things didn't go well for us. I'm actually off to Germany for the next 3 weeks, so... next time, hopefully.

Oh such a pity... :confused:

Regarding that, I'd prefer my mom anyway :smug: :)

What are the best places to be on a gig... tribune, right under the stage??? I was thinkin about it for quite a long time and couldn't figure it out, since I've never attended such a huge concert.... :\