✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hey guys, this is from us, the new Global Moderators!

SueDeNimes

I think it's really strange that they deleted that thread, especially since it had just been locked a few weeks ago because people were arguing in it, and it took them a loooong time to finally unlock it.

And then all you did was quote someone's posts (which you did in another thread, why didn't they have an issue with it then?) and it's immediately removed. What the hell? I don't get it. :blank:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest that it's because Mark asked for it to be (With a hint of sarcasm- even though it quite true) but then I realised that he didn't ask for it to be deleted, it was deleted so quickly he couldn't have asked.

So now he's got promoted further, some mods will pre-empt what Mark may find offensive and delete the entire freaking thread. Mark's the new Kim Jong Il up in here.

I still haven't received a PM from the mod I mentioned earlier (And no doubt I won't).

"What the hell you on about Reilly". Good lord.

I was going to suggest that it's because Mark asked for it to be (With a hint of sarcasm- even though it quite true) but then I realised that he didn't ask for it to be deleted, it was deleted so quickly he couldn't have asked.

You are underestimating his moaning powers.

well, that must have been it

I just want you guys to know that, because it would have been senseless to delete a whole thread just because of one post.

and I want you guys to know that we are seriously doing all we can....some more, some less I think...it depends on how much time we have.

we might be doing some mistakes sometimes yeah, but we are not working especially for certain members...that'd be stupid. We just try to be as fair as we can. And if there is something you want to complain about you can PM us and we will try to work it out....it is not that we say "yeah fuck that" and that's it....uhm well I don't know....I am just having the impression that there are so many complaints about us here in public about things sometimes which are not true

(and I do admit I am saying that without discussing it in our group before because I felt like saying that now)

I will not be convinced that if I had quoted every post of anyone else on any thread in any circumstance, the same thing would have happened.

I also am not convinced that if any other member had requested a thread they made to be deleted then it would be locked straight away and their request carried out.

I think he should be nominated for a new award... "Most Likely to Explode/Spontaneously Combust"

:lol:

Indeed.

Incidentally, whilst I do not want to involve myself in the situation I would feel a lot more comfortable if there was greater transparency with what those in authority on this board do. I am not saying they are abusing their position, but they are creating confusion. They clearly care about this board, that is not the issue, but after deliberation they should come out and say exactly what they have decided, not cryptically but in full, and explain the situation so that people aren't left guessing and feeding off the scraps of others versions. Total transparency may not be possible since for example a person who reports a post should be kept anonymous, but an explanation behind what is going on would stop the paranoia and stem a lot of the back biting. Otherwise the board won't be all to different to what it was like before the board went down briefly with regards to the communication between those at the top and the regular posters. The lack of transparency there is what I believe fuelled the fires and I can see the same thing happening again at some point in the future.

That is my view on things anyway.

Just to give this some closure:

Any thread may be locked while it is reviewed, if we find it necessary threads or posts might even be removed.

The poster concerned will be notified about this.

If necessary please use the report a post function as this sends a message to all of us. Sending a single mod a PM slows down the process of us resolving issues.

Openly bashing us, especially since you neither most likely don't know any of the details nor know what is going on behind the scenes is not doing anything but creating chaos.

Please refrain from doing so.

Regarding Braddock's request:

No, we can't give more transparency, you'll have to trust us on this.

We're still getting used to the new way the board is run (and mistakes happened and were apologised for) and you all must get used to it as well.

Hopefully there won't be more "paranoia" as you put it but we'll try to give as much explanations as necessary and to stop rumours early where it's due.