✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin performing live on Apple Keynote!

cav23j

Did Telegraph hire the Gallagher brothers or something as guest columnists? I mean, most of us agree that the performance seemed out-of-practice and done on a whim, while I personally don't even think Wedding Bells is good enough to make it onto LP5, even if they touch it up with the rest of the band and all, but sheesh.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the Telegraph article (zahadum) :laugh3:

dude, u need to take a chillax pill or just get laid.

two things:

1) chris martin's performance

2) apple's brand positioning

(1) yes, "Chris Martin Unplugged" was a wobbly performance, but in some ways that's the a good thing — there's some poignancy to be had in the unpolished (and indeed flawed) display of the raw mechanics of song-making ... indeed the audience had the impression they were privy to his private moments of practice, so we could watch the artist struggle to find the place where he wanted to bring himself to be.

this technical fallibility doesnt defeat our access to the intimacy of the sentiment behind each song — it's not so much a matter of being earnest as it is simply honest — which is especially important for an artist whose work replies on a an ample dose of production values.

indeed when the curtains in Oz are drawn back, many other artists - who are more the confection of their producers/engineers than themselves - are revealed to have little command of the basics of a song ... namely the writing & the emotion/idea behind the words.

yes, it would have been much more professional if he had rehearsed properly (but did he dis seem to be having a problem favouring one hand on the piano?) ...

nonetheless, i dont think this parade of vitriol is justified by any objective component of his performance.

i think that you just dont like him personally & thus your attacks are ad hominem.

(2) apple ≠ coldplay?

you have GOT to be kidding?

there could hardly be any other major band today that could be MORE apple!

they are the epitome of the art school / film school / music school artists — in the best sense of that word (as opposed to the ridiculously fatuous posers like the The Killers ... "we are dancers but are we human" ... I mean, what kind of non sequitor is that?)

cold play follows in the proud tradition of Radio Head, Portishead Head, REM, etc, with lush layered sonics combined with an arrestingly incisive phenomenology of the human heart.

if you dont "get it" then you dont understand where apple positions itself musically — as a place for discovery & delight.

bottom line: you dont seem to get either of the two subjects on which you propound —

so you should probably syop embarrassing yourself ... and

STFU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7976996/Coldplay-and-its-simpering-frontman-do-nothing-for-Apples-brand.html

I like how he say's "It could go terribly wrong..Fuck it"Did anyone catch this just before he sings Wedding Bells:lol:

Oh and I suppose Those Beach Pics last month told a story of a failed marriage too:stunned:

Wiat. What? :shocked2:

You mean Gwyneth hugging Jay-Z (or whatever his name is spelled like) so emotionally?

Destrokk, MTV"s article about Wedding Bells, they were saying how it's Chris's confession about the state of his marriage, and they are on their way out, and I just threw sarcastically that those damn beach pics of Gwyn hugging Chris last month, should have fueled more rumors of their so-called break-up:lol: sorry I confused you, I do that alot:lol:

Destrokk, MTV"s article about Wedding Bells, they were saying how it's Chris's confession about the state of his marriage, and they are on their way out, and I just threw sarcastically that those damn beach pics of Gwyn hugging Chris last month, should have fueled more rumors of their so-called break-up:lol: sorry I confused you, I do that alot:lol:

No no no, I mean wtf, what happened?

What did Chris do? He performed.

Relevant stuff.

Would I have to watch the whole thing to watch him?

Or has anyone gotten the video for Wedding Bells?

I missed it and I'm totally upet because I haven't heard it yet!!!!

Please someone helpp!

There are links to some of the performance over in the Multimedia area ;)