✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How lucky we are as fans.

cleeson7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that coldplay aren't generous its just as a fan i feel that popularity has made the gap between us and them wider. due to which ppl have stopped thinking of them as normal ppl. yes it was generous of them to give lrlrlr free coz it is a proper album.

on the other hand, both Coldplay and Muse have become shit, so i guess being kind to fans is their way to make up for it..

you would say that coz you love radiohead:laugh3:

muse and coldplay just have changed their style of rock, that's all. They were shit when Coldplay released x&y and Muse released black holes and revelations. :P

You're both wrong! :awesome:

Chris says we are the best fans in the world (Which we totally are :D)

I miss Videos like the nappies and there xmas ones Because they are hilarious and I Would love to see even just like a minute behind the scenes every now and again . I Was not too pleased with those puppet pictures either I Wanted the real Thing Cos Plastic Guy ain't quite as Hot:(

I guess there buisy and want there privacy , I Just Miss you Coldplay What can I Say :heart:

What i love abt muse is their fan interaction. they make you feel part of their life by just posting pictures and answering back to a few lucky fans on twitter. But Coldplay needs a character (roadie #42) to interact with fans. Guy should start posting pictures on twitter again it will make all Coldplay fans feel closer to the band.:thinking:

Exactly. . . Muse directly interact with their fans via Twitter, whereas Coldplay have someone else do it for them like you said.

Yes, Coldplay doesn't really interact with their fans. Even the site is updated by Anchorman and such and when let's say Guy or Phil updates it, it sounds superbly official.

I don't think we can blame it on 'Whoa, now Coldplay's a big band, people are gonna talk shit about them if they act all crazeh and blog nonsense'. Coldplay could still try to connect with their fans no matter how big they are, because if being a 'big band' restricts them from connecting with their fans, then they have ego problems.

Yeah, no matter how big a band gets they can still connect with fans, after all the fans are the reason they still make music! Nobody's going to buy the album if nobody likes them. . . even if the band does a Q&A session occasionally via Coldplay.com or something it would be great. I know I keep going back to Muse, but they're a big band as well and still keep connecting with their fans. They also act natural, not all serious and stuff. That's what I like.

on the other hand, both Coldplay and Muse have become shit, so i guess being kind to fans is their way to make up for it..

:| :saw:

coldplay are generous, they played those free shows when viva came out, brixton etc..

If I recall correctly those were organised a bit poorly anyway, esp. in the case of Brixton. People didn't know whether they were accepted or not until a couple of days before.

Guys, what about on-stage interaction? I think Coldplay is okay, but they always have that little thing of saying 'Hey everyone, we're Coldplay, and we hope you're having the time of your life!' something like that. Nothing much, right? :thinking:

Yeah, no matter how big a band gets they can still connect with fans, after all the fans are the reason they still make music! Nobody's going to buy the album if nobody likes them. . . even if the band does a Q&A session occasionally via Coldplay.com or something it would be great. I know I keep going back to Muse, but they're a big band as well and still keep connecting with their fans. They also act natural, not all serious and stuff. That's what I like.

I mean, Coldplay can keep making brilliant music and such, but if they don't care about their fans, then aren't they just like, making music for the sake of enjoying it personally and doing it for money? The fans make it real for them, like you said.

I'm not a big fan of Muse, but I do recognise Muse as a big band and around the same level as Coldplay. The fact that Muse can interact with their fans is great.

Even Radiohead, which is definitely more massive than Coldplay, interacts with their fans more, imo.

If I recall correctly those were organised a bit poorly anyway, esp. in the case of Brixton. People didn't know whether they were accepted or not until a couple of days before.

I remember one gig... It was erm, Paradiso, was it? I think it was free. But good grief, it was like a try out session because they need to test run a gig with the new setlist and such. There was more time between songs as they were moving around stuff and Chris talked a lot with the fans then, since if he keeps quiet, the fans might get bored. I remember him saying at the end that Jonny needs to see the dentist and so. :lol:

Guys, what about on-stage interaction? I think Coldplay is okay, but they always have that little thing of saying 'Hey everyone, we're Coldplay, and we hope you're having the time of your life!' something like that. Nothing much, right? :thinking:

I mean, Coldplay can keep making brilliant music and such, but if they don't care about their fans, then aren't they just like, making music for the sake of enjoying it personally and doing it for money? The fans make it real for them, like you said.

I'm not a big fan of Muse, but I do recognise Muse as a big band and around the same level as Coldplay. The fact that Muse can interact with their fans is great.

Even Radiohead, which is definitely more massive than Coldplay, interacts with their fans more, imo.

I remember one gig... It was erm, Paradiso, was it? I think it was free. But good grief, it was like a try out session because they need to test run a gig with the new setlist and such. There was more time between songs as they were moving around stuff and Chris talked a lot with the fans then, since if he keeps quiet, the fans might get bored. I remember him saying at the end that Jonny needs to see the dentist and so. :lol:

Muse "around the same level as Coldplay"

Radiohead " more massive than coldplay"

are you kidding? :lol:

Nah, that's not true. I really like their onstage interaction with the audience. Chris always tries to make the audience laugh, and the audience usually responds well. Sometimes he goes rambling on and on too, just like he did when he performed at the Apple event last week. That's cute. And I don't know how closer to the audience they can get than the C Stage, where sometimes they perform RIGHT THERE, LITERALLY IN THE AUDIENCE.

I personally have no problem with how they treat us fans. What someone said before was true, we always want more. Who says they don't care about their fans? Just because they don't do what Muse or Radiohead do, it doesn't mean they don't care. Obviously they do care, otherwise they wouldn't have given away LRLRL for free, they wouldn't bother at all with updating fans via numerous websites (even if they don't personally do it themselves, they have people who are constantly working beside them doing it. And we don't know who The Curator is, or who updates us through Ping (The Curator could very well be any member of the band, and I have a feeling some of the Ping updates were left by one of the boys...). With the Ping updates, we've already got a video of the band at work. Have we forgotten about the Postcards from Far Away project and their video response? The fact that the boys are even making any music for us is caring enough, at least for me. But maybe I'm just easy to please? :lol:

Well, I haven't been to their gig before, so that's how I perceive by watching their gigs online. And it's more to closer in a way that's... Not physically, but some kind of interaction I can't really explain. Then again, I haven't been to their gig. :wacko:

And yeah, maybe I'm looking for more interaction. :P

I just find that they make themselves pretty... distant from their fans? Like perhaps they can interact in a more direct way. Excluding the earlier days where they make those crazy videos which I still smile when I think of it.

Anyhow, in the end it's their own decision on how they want to treat their fans.

Muse "around the same level as Coldplay"

Radiohead " more massive than coldplay"

are you kidding? :lol:

No.

Well, as you all said, we can never get enough of them... we never will :D

But I agree with you guys saying they should be more interactive with us... Don't mean something like Chris having a personal Twitter account, but posting more photos, funny videos such as The Nappies or Christmas videos... they're amazing!

Sometimes they may even update some news themselves on their website or on band's Twitter, that would be very nice, but not running a whole blog, it'd be too much time wasted... Anyway Roadie #42 is taking a too long break, isn't he? :(

And we gotta recognize that they're much more productive instead of many artists who, after a new album and a few gigs, totally disappears for years and years... That's what I consider producing music just for money and fame, and that's awful :inquisitive:

In the end who knows... They can change it all... We could receive any surprises when we less expect it! :laugh3:

Nah, it's the other way round. They're lucky to have us as their fans.

They're very lucky and I hope they've learnt that.