✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How lucky we are as fans.

cleeson7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i love abt muse is their fan interaction. they make you feel part of their life by just posting pictures and answering back to a few lucky fans on twitter. But Coldplay needs a character (roadie #42) to interact with fans. Guy should start posting pictures on twitter again it will make all Coldplay fans feel closer to the band.:thinking:

Oh really? I was just going by Elton John's hissy fit at the Brits a few years ago when he blasted her for not singing live.

Yep she does. It's not pitch perfect either so that's how I can tell. I appreciate her for doing that because it's rare for pop artists to do that while dancing at the same time.

What i love abt muse is their fan interaction. they make you feel part of their life by just posting pictures and answering back to a few lucky fans on twitter. But Coldplay needs a character (roadie #42) to interact with fans. Guy should start posting pictures on twitter again it will make all Coldplay fans feel closer to the band.:thinking:

^that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....is what i was trying to say in all the above posts of mine!

I always thought the photoblogs were a great way to interact with fans. Obviously they haven't been doing those lately since there hasn't been any touring, so I hope they resume them during the LP5 tour.

I mean, really, during the news lull, it is rather difficult to touch base with fans, especially since there's so much you want to keep under wraps for the time being. But the statement that interaction is difficult due to Coldplay's immense popularity has some validity to it as well.

^^Believe me muse fans are crazy, i myself am a little crazy when it comes to muse but Coldplay fans on other hand are understanding. Coldplay may have sold more albums but 1 muse fan = 100 Coldplay fans in intensity. and the photo blogs were also done by a roadie so no direct interaction again.

^^Believe me muse fans are crazy, i myself am a little crazy when it comes to muse but Coldplay fans on other hand are understanding. Coldplay may have sold more albums but 1 muse fan = 100 Coldplay fans in intensity. and the photo blogs were also done by a roadie so no direct interaction again.

yeh I can believe that, but im grateful in a way, afterall, i go to the concerts to hear coldplay not the people next to me even if that is at the expense of the overall atmosphere.

Yes, Coldplay doesn't really interact with their fans. Even the site is updated by Anchorman and such and when let's say Guy or Phil updates it, it sounds superbly official.

I don't think we can blame it on 'Whoa, now Coldplay's a big band, people are gonna talk shit about them if they act all crazeh and blog nonsense'. Coldplay could still try to connect with their fans no matter how big they are, because if being a 'big band' restricts them from connecting with their fans, then they have ego problems.

Ahhh! How I miss Guy's photos on Twitter...

coldplay are generous, they played those free shows when viva came out, brixton etc..

imagine how much money they could have made with leftright... what other band would give away an album for free?!

and even though it's not the band members who run the oracle and the exhibition room these are a form of interaction with the fans.

as long as they stay focused on making brilliant music and touring it is fine by me if they employ other people to do the other stuff for them.

on the other hand, both Coldplay and Muse have become shit, so i guess being kind to fans is their way to make up for it..

you would say that coz you love radiohead:laugh3:

muse and coldplay just have changed their style of rock, that's all. They were shit when Coldplay released x&y and Muse released black holes and revelations. :P

^ Well, yeah, 'cause we're awesome people! :smug:

I would really love a more 'personal' contact than what we have now... But we still get a lot more than from other artists, sooo... I don't know. I'm happy with what we have, but you always want more, don't you? :shrug:

:heart:

AGREED!! you always want more. Because they have given us alot and now they have 'stopped' we have all become fidgety and restless. We need a blog or a release date!!!

^ Well, yeah, 'cause we're awesome people! :smug:

I would really love a more 'personal' contact than what we have now... But we still get a lot more than from other artists, sooo... I don't know. I'm happy with what we have, but you always want more, don't you? :shrug:

:heart:

yes, it's true...I'm quite happy but I always want more :D Maybe we are feeling a bit anxious to get more news and updates because these past few months have been really quiet. As someone mentioned before, I also miss the Christmas videos, they were great! I wish they had done more videos like those they used to do a few years back. (Although we got some other videos like the ones in which they receive the Postcards and the ones they appear in on roadie#42's blogs and the end of decade sale)

Yeah, I get what you're saying, I was listening to an old interview the other day, like early 2002 and he is a lot different, a lot more candid and open than he is now..

I was just listening to the radio interview Chris and Jonny did for Lovelines in 2002(?)and it was amazing.Him talking about sex and being so open was just great. I loved it