thou art pwned

From 2009 grammys, they won:

Best Pop Duo or Group With Vocal

* Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"

* Eagles - "Waiting in the Weeds"

* Gnarls Barkley - "Going On"

* Maroon 5 - "Won't Go Home Without You"

* OneRepublic - "Apologize"

I like them too! They also make proper music, not over-produced, cheesy, autotune garbage.;)

I'm seeing them live soon too!:D

I LIKE YOU A LOT ! :wideeyed:

I already saw them in a little place for 150 people :wacky:

It was the best !

and I'm seeing them 30 September :bomb:

How great that they slipped in this thread :evil:

They don't have to. When others jump on the bandwagon or are alerted to this issue then they will have to take those people seriously.

True.

It will be interesting to see if people outside Gaga's demographic take her seriously though.

I doubt people who are on the fence will listen to someome who is constantly half naked and hilariously sexist and blasphemizing in her "music" videos.

Allthough it will definately get more attention drawn to it since the media headlines it whenever Gaga blown her nose

Im curious to see what kind of attention tho.

True.

It will be interesting to see if people outside Gaga's demographic take her seriously though.

I doubt people who are on the fence will listen to someome who is constantly half naked and hilariously sexist and blasphemizing in her "music" videos.

Allthough it will definately get more attention drawn to it since the media headlines it whenever Gaga blown her nose

Im curious to see what kind of attention tho.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

And any attention is good attention because most people can make up their own mind once they have been made aware of something, and most people realise that a free society doesn't have laws like that.

True.

Very true. It would be a bit like Barack Obama addressing America's citizens dressed as a clown!

I wonder how many people would take him seriously then?:P

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

And any attention is good attention because most people can make up their own mind once they have been made aware of something, and most people realise that a free society doesn't have laws like that.

^how do you figure blasphemy is "victimless"

i know plenty of people who were offended by that Alejandro video with the cross upside down over her nasty vagina.

I was offended and repulsed by it and im not even religious.

i know plenty of people who were offended by that Alejandro video with the cross upside down over her nasty vagina.

Did she really do that? How disgusting! Some people will do just about anything for publicity.:stunned:

Very true. It would be a bit like Barack Obama addressing America's citizens dressed as a clown!

No it wouldn't.

I'm quite sure Lady Gaga doesn't have any claim to being a politician so the analogy isn't even worth making. There is no comparison to be made.

All she is doing is highlighting a travesty. It doesn't matter if she is taken seriously because people will hear about it and to be honest if she does it in a way that you guys find annoying, the fact is that plenty more people will do too, and if people find it annoying they will watch it, or at least be aware of what she has been talking about, and once that seed is planted then the issue becomes live.

Im saying that the fact is, people will be more/less inclined to give something a chance, open mind and be receptive on it depending on whos saying it.

Thats just how it is.

I think the cause is alright and everything it will just be interesting to see if people who disagree with lady gaga will see whos spreading the message and not listen to what it is.

Which would kind of be a shame to be unresponsive to something good just because the one whos voicing on it has low integrity.

Oh wow, how very daring. If that offends you then you have lived a very sheltered life. The cross itself is a symbol for something far more vile.

Oh wow, how very daring. If that offends you then you have lived a very sheltered life. The cross itself is a symbol for something far more vile.

HA! me? a sheltered life? ...oh my

If im offended by something disgusting im "sheltered"

and how is the cross "a symbol for something more vile"

and before you answer keep in mind that the crucifix is used in many different christian religions as well as Catholicism

No it wouldn't.

I'm quite sure Lady Gaga doesn't have any claim to being a politician so the analogy isn't even worth making. There is no comparison to be made.

Well there is, because she's trying to make a serious political point while swanning around looking like something out of a circus.:rolleyes:

it was for a music video

honestly stuff like that has been done before a la madonna like a prayer

She's another publicity whore whose image far outweighs her singing abilities. However, at least "Like A Prayer" was a half-decent pop song.;)

She's another publicity whore whose image far outweighs her singing abilities. However, at least "Like A Prayer" was a half-decent pop song.;)

well at least she did her job with that music video here we are talking about it 20 years later.

Yeah Gaga's image is outlandish, but her vocals are amazing.